British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

20 hours ago, foamfence said:

That's about the strength the Premiership will be next year, so three clubs can afford to move up and three NL clubs can afford to move into the Championship. Either that or several clubs pack up now! Look at the empty terraces and face reality.

Honesty

If what is being proposed comes off I think you might be pleasantly surprised; 

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honesty

Regards
THJ

Maybe I will but my comments were based on those of a leading journalist and an interview with a rider who seemed to know about and accept the situation. As we've seen before though, minds can be changed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honesty

Regards
THJ

are you J.C.F. in disguise  with the bilshot ? 

9 hours ago, foamfence said:

Maybe I will but my comments were based on those of a leading journalist and an interview with a rider who seemed to know about and accept the situation. As we've seen before though, minds can be changed.

Things changed greatly about 3 weeks ago.

Is Ryan Douglas a scunny asset, he has been leaving a bike at ours during the winter for the teams meetings , and has looked one of the stand out riders and is hoping to get a visa again so he can return.

Chopper

18 hours ago, jenga said:

are you J.C.F. in disguise  with the bilshot

Honestly

Jenga is that the best snide remark you can come up with “are you J.C.F. in disguise” and accuse me of posting “bilshot” Well Geoffrey we all know who the “King of Bilshot” is don’t we. You keep posting constant diatribe and vitriol under the guise of “it’s a joke marra” it’s just a bit of craic marra” “can you not take a joke marra” “it’s all done tongue in cheek marra” but it’s not Geoffrey is it, you are just an odious little man who gets pleasure from trying to wind people up and some sort of sad pleasure when you get a bite. Well go on I will bite.

As after watching you cry like a baby in front of Steve Whitehead when he gave you a solicitor’s letter for the rubbish (bilshot) you had been posting on here then turning away after apologising profusely and still in floods of tears stating to your marra Scarra “I told him’ he’s just a Muppet” wow what a comeback and especially when Steve did not hear it, well what have I got to lose.

On my first ever post I had to apologise to all my loved ones, family, friends and Stuart Robson as I vowed to all of them that I would never post on here, unfortunately the straw that broke the camel’s back was something that you posted on the Lakeside Hammers v Workington Comets - Friday 1st June thread and as a new poster I could not get my content uploaded and passed in time to enter the debate, however you have given me the golden opportunity here to respond.

There had been four previous occasions where I had come mightily close to posting on here twice to Mr Snackette who could be rather condescending at times to say the least and twice to your good self and my intention was to be the “Voice of Reason” but that pen name was taken so I run with THJ as I will always endeavour to be honest in whatever I post and likewise if I am wrong I will be just as quick to retract and apologise.

Remembering the issue you posted on the Lakeside Hammers v Workington Comets thread - Friday 1st June which was Libel, plain and simple. You accused Steve Whitehead of “taking money” off the riders to fund Mr Whitehead’s “Playboy Lifestyle” and as Libel is defined as defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures. You basically accused Steve Whitehead of theft and of living the high life on the proceeds of taking money off the riders which is totally untrue and as such; Libellous.

Now Geoffrey I don’t know how you could perceive Mr Whitehead is a Playboy as I can confirm Steve is a hard working straightforward guy who has a regular 8 till 5 job and works dam hard at juggling this job, his commitments to his Sister and ongoing commitments to Workington Speedway on top of regular family commitments (like most of us). Oh but he wears casual shorts when it’s only warm outside and sunglasses on the top of his head, in Workington of all places, how very dare he, LOL

The efforts Steve Whitehead has put in behind the scenes at Workington are often underappreciated and I have heard various comments from people deriding him and his efforts and actually quoting from ludicrous and inaccurate posts made by you Geoffrey, and at the start of the season you were a one man wrecking crew with the damage you were doing to the Comets Brand and when you were chastised about it you went sarcastically the other way and tried to tone it down but your obnoxious inner self is starting to show through again Geoffrey and you are reverting to type.

Steve is “marmite” to be honest but there is not a malicious or dishonest bone in his body and if you don’t like him; his view is “that’s your choice” and he would not lose any sleep over any statements or comment made (especially on here) If they were nothing more than personal thoughts stating perceived facts. However to actually state that someone was stealing from riders to fund a Playboy Lifestyle was bang out of order especially when it is common knowledge that the club have had some financial issues especially towards the end of last season and the start of this one.

The “Poor Jenga” brigade need to be made aware of a long (very long) past history of antagonistic and obnoxious posts not just on this web site but on the “Workington Speedway Unofficial Forum” which was shut down by the promotion due to the continuous diatribe being posted by Jenga and his terrace buddy and partner in verbose malfeasance Scarramanga.

The promotion could have (and should of in my opinion) taken action at this time but chose not to do so in the belief they would keep the peace and by not stating the real reason as to why the plug was pulled on the unofficial forum however they got absolutely slaughtered by you Geoffrey and Scarramanga for shutting the forum down. So they were condemned  for keeping a discreet silence.

It is a complete contradiction for the promotion as they are dammed for perceived heavy handedness in one breath and then slated for not passing out information or keeping the fans informed in the other. So if they had of informed the fans of the real reason why the unofficial forum was shut down they believed it would have stirred up a hornets nest so as a Service Recovery Strategy they decided to say nothing. Honestly they can’t win!!!

Not just this promotion have felt the wrath of Geoffrey and friend thought as the previous promotion was targeted by these two with some pretty nasty and cheap shots and can I add unequivocally that Keith Denham was (and still is) a gentleman and was always approachable (as is Steve) and neither deserve the abuse they received through these forums.

Keith like Steve is a hard working (and successful) businessman who has a passion for Speedway and both opted to become Speedway Promoters and I don’t think Keith would have left the club as a promoter if it was not for the vitriol being spouted not just against him which he accepted (just) but when the attacks become very personal and directed towards his family this I believe was a major factor in why he decided to call it a day as a promoter

What if these forums had been around when your dad was a promoter Geoffrey what would you have made of it? If there were vitriolic and disparaging comments made about Eddie Thornborrow (Thornbarrow Thornburra Thornborough Wheelbarra, Peterboro, whatever the spelling is. LOL "just a joke marra") during his tenure in charge of the Comets which was not very successful in the one year (1980 I believe) he ran the club as a promoter. I could make other cheap shots here but what’s the point I don’t want to sink to the depths you “troll” Geoffrey. Two wins in the whole season and then the club folding the next, wonder what the "Jenga" of the day would have made of that, More to follow eh!

Further if disparaging comments had been made public about what Eddie was up to; or not; whether true or not: whatever the case may have been when he was running the club and someone like your good self was making disparaging comments about his family would you carry on the way you do now.  Or is this why you do go on like you do.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) there was no internet in Eddie’s day and with the team being bottom of the league and with only two wins to their name all season, surely even a team full of your favourite rider “James Sarjeant” couldn’t have performed that badly. Could they?

You scream that as a paying customer you are entitled to information, what happened when Daddy was running things in the 1980's before instant media? You waited for the local paper, the Speedway Star or on rare occasions a radio or TV report, the opportunity to vent your spleen was very limited.

Everyone has the “Right of Free Speech” will be the cry and yes I agree they do; to a certain extent however there is no such thing as Freedom of Speech without accountability. Legal systems sometimes recognise certain limits on the freedom of speech, particularly when freedom of speech conflicts with other rights and freedoms, such as in the case of libel amongst others. Justifications for limitations to freedom of speech often reference the "harm principle" or the "offence principle”. Limitations to freedom of speech  may occur through legal sanction or social disapprobation, or both.

Therefore Geoffrey you can state anyone is a miserable s*d, ugly s*d, tight s*d, old g*t etc. as a statement of fact, however you put thieving in front of those then you better have the evidence to prove it or be prepared to face the consequences that come with making that statement (especially in writing). This is why Steve Whitehead asked for a retraction by you and an apology as the post was offensive, totally untrue and constitutes Libel and I don't think Mr Whitehead was being unreasonable in what he was asking. I suppose the crocodile tears were just for added effect once you had been outed.

Geoffrey I find you a morally reprehensible misanthropic miscreant who tries to play the “cheeky chap” card with his cute spelling mistakes in his barbed comments writing them down like a school kid new to the scene and when challenged about your reprehensible behaviour you try to play it off as a joke and turning it around on the other person with the “can’t you take a joke like” adage or “it’s just a joke get over it” or the delightful “am just joking Marra” Sorry Marra I am not buying that in the slightest.

As I have stated I was there when Steve Whitehead politely and discretely pulled you to one side and explained what he (Steve) was upset about; and you in floods of tears vowed to mend your ways, post an apology and said you didn’t mean what you said and fully understood Mr Whiteheads point of view. Again sorry Marra I am not buying that one in the slightest either. Not with all the crocodile tears in the world then adding !I will try my best but I don't really understand this internet thing" and "I am not sure what to do"? PMSL

In fact as someone previously had posted your content is a load of “Tripe” and if you had any sense of shame or even honour you wouldn’t show your face around the place ever again; you have relentlessly disparaged this promotion and the previous one for that matter and the two guys who have been at the forefront of your obnoxious, snide, misinformed, bitter and twisted comments; in Steve Whitehead and Keith Denham; who rest assured both only ever have had the best interests of Workington Speedway in their hearts and souls and all you wanted to do Geoffrey was hide behind an avatar (or a made up name at least to hide behind in relative anonymity) to put across your biter and twisted agenda you are some piece of work pal.

Well I have been totally honest in my opinion and I do hope people see you for what you are “an obnoxious pathetic little specimen” and I do wonder at times is it a case of jealousy in that your old man couldn’t make a go of it but the last two promotions have at least made a good fist of the job at hand and delivered on putting out competitive teams and delivered on the entertainment factor

You are a plastic fan who needs to take a long hard look at himself and stay off here and well away from Derwent Park. Oh and if you do turn up I will introduce myself and pass on some “billshot” its nice to say hello. More to follow.

Finally you might consider a name change and I know you have been accused of being a “Troll” and a “Keyboard Warrior” in the past but can I suggest Gollum because I can see the resemblance with this character and yourself Geoffrey with the exception that you have more wrinkles but slightly more hair and if you are unsure who Gollum was he’s a “Lord of the Rings” character described as follows:  Gollum was a Stoor Hobbit of the River-folk (Derwent River), who lived near the Gladden Fields (Cloffocks/Stainton Hole). Originally known as Sméagol, he was corrupted by the One Ring (The One Forum) and later named Gollum (Jenga) after his habit of making "a horrible swallowing noise in his throat" (Whilst crying like a baby)

See you Friday and "More to Follow"!!!

Regards
THJ

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Honestly 

Apologies to all Scunny fans and to get right back on topic if we do end up with one big league the Double up Protocol will go, If Belle Vue don't use Steve Worrall  I believe Rob will have the backbone of a good team with Steve W, Jason G and Josh A and will build around these three guys with the other riders. The question is who? and of course that will depend totally on what the points limit will be for team building in 2019.

Regards
THJ

• Like 3

Spot on 'JOHN'. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I agree they do; to a certain extent however there is no such thing as Freedom of Speech without accountability.

I am sure most of us agree with this and Jenga's comments are invariably OTT and some are libellous with a doubt.

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Finally you might consider a name change and I know you have been accused of being a “Troll” and a “Keyboard Warrior” in the past but can I suggest Gollum because I can see the resemblance with this character and yourself Geoffrey with the exception that you have more wrinkles but slightly more hair and if you are unsure who Gollum was he’s a “Lord of the Rings” character described as follows:  Gollum was a Stoor Hobbit of the River-folk (Derwent River), who lived near the Gladden Fields (Cloffocks/Stainton Hole). Originally known as Sméagol, he was corrupted by the One Ring (The One Forum) and later named Gollum (Jenga) after his habit of making "a horrible swallowing noise in his throat" (Whilst crying like a baby)

Magic stuff! Jenga is an anchor ( just add your own W at the start of the word ). He can give it out but not take it. Pity he was not banned for life from Workington. Wa Wa Wa - all the way home then, for sure.

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, waytogo28 said:

That is precisely what has happened, partially due to those who promote speedway not changing their ways or looking at what the customer would like. The general public of the UK is disinterested in speedway and has turned it's back and walked away. I genuinely doubt whether it can be turned around, even to the point of being viable enough to carry on as it is with enough diehard fans. 

At Scunny we usually have brilliant racing with plenty of passes.  Support isn't good though, certainly not compared to our other 2 tracks. Quibel Park and Ashbyville.  I think the answer to that is because of where EWR is situated. It's  far out of town. no buses after 6pm  ish . Too far  to walk and I certainly wouldn't want to see youngster on cycles. Its on a busy road which leads to Industrial estates. It cries out for a special bus service for speedway on a return basis. Nowadays most families have cars, but men work shifts, that means 2 to 10 and night shift families miss out. I also think doubling up and down effects speedway popularity. The die hard crowds are getting smaller and smaller by the year.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, chopper said:

Is Ryan Douglas a scunny asset, he has been leaving a bike at ours during the winter for the teams meetings , and has looked one of the stand out riders and is hoping to get a visa again so he can return.

Chopper

Yeah he is a Scunny asset, most of us would love to see him back in scunny colours

Guest WTF1

Depending on what team averages are and make up of leagues would expect the team to be built around Auty Allen and Garrity and some decent reserves, can't be bothered going at the moment to see Phillips half a lap behind the others. 

Glad someone has finally outed Jenga, he really is probably the worst poster on this forum. Complete tool.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Glad someone has finally outed Jenga, he really is probably the worst poster on this forum. Complete tool.

correct , i agree !

38 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Don't make him cry but. :D

• Like 4