British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

3 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

bloody limit should stay at 42.50

lowering it just weakens the teams and the product being served

ps ... can we have steve Worrall back please

I have posted many times over many years that based on  a 15 heat meeting, 7 riders ride 4 times over 14 heats(programmed rides) so should be 42.

15 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I have posted many times over many years that based on  a 15 heat meeting, 7 riders ride 4 times over 14 heats(programmed rides) so should be 42.

Honestly

Just a quick question 

What would you suggest a team build limit should be if it were 6 man teams rather than 7 with a 15 heat programme and each rider had a guarantee of 5 rides per meeting?

Regards
THJ

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Just a quick question 

What would you suggest a team build limit should be if it were 6 man teams rather than 7 with a 15 heat programme and each rider had a guarantee of 5 rides per meeting?

Regards
THJ

45 as all riders are guaranteed 5 rides( Programmed from heats 1-12, 13 & 14 are nominated 3rd to 6th point scorers & 15 is top 2 point scorers.

In our format heats 1-14 are guaranteed. Heat 15 is a nominated "extra" 5th ride. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

45 as all riders are guaranteed 5 rides( Programmed from heats 1-12, 13 & 14 are nominated 3rd to 6th point scorers & 15 is top 2 point scorers.

In our format heats 1-14 are guaranteed. Heat 15 is a nominated "extra" 5th ride. 

And with the guarantee of 5 rides would you advocate an average maximum of 12 or 15 for riders?

Which would make a difference when building to 45? and of course only having 6 riders

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

The average system would have to change similar to the format.

Ours is based on 4 rides giving the maximum 12. Having 5 rides I would expect it to be 15.

The foreign leagues teams are made up of graded riders & home league junior riders at reserve. They, also, use a heat average score to distinguish riders abilities.

• Like 1

After tonights meeting at Workington, I am hoping that Phillips pays Rob Godfrey a visit and says how sorry he is that he has held him at ransom for the past three meetings by insisting that he wanted to stay in the team after Rob had sacked him for his riding.  Once again this guy has rode in five races and has not beaten a rider as usual, scoring two points from last places in a couple of three rider races, he should now do the correct thing and admit to the promotor that he cannot ride in this league and is far from being good enough to record any points, this is despite Rob sticking by him all season and like us supporters must have known that Phillips would always trundle at the rear of every race and by his inclusion has pissed off many supporters all season.  Just a reminder that the Phillips average is about 0.8 for the season and most of these few points have been gained by his last places in three rider races.

Phillips must have skin as thick as a bloody elephant to even show his face, with everyone knowing what he has done, call it a day Matt or just stick to being a very average National League rider, you have certainly pissed off many Scunthorpe supporters this season.

Guest WTF1
6 hours ago, Scorpison said:

After tonights meeting at Workington, I am hoping that Phillips pays Rob Godfrey a visit and says how sorry he is that he has held him at ransom for the past three meetings by insisting that he wanted to stay in the team after Rob had sacked him for his riding.  Once again this guy has rode in five races and has not beaten a rider as usual, scoring two points from last places in a couple of three rider races, he should now do the correct thing and admit to the promotor that he cannot ride in this league and is far from being good enough to record any points, this is despite Rob sticking by him all season and like us supporters must have known that Phillips would always trundle at the rear of every race and by his inclusion has pissed off many supporters all season.  Just a reminder that the Phillips average is about 0.8 for the season and most of these few points have been gained by his last places in three rider races.

Phillips must have skin as thick as a bloody elephant to even show his face, with everyone knowing what he has done, call it a day Matt or just stick to being a very average National League rider, you have certainly pissed off many Scunthorpe supporters this season.

Yes I am struggling to remember a rider that has been as bad as Danny Phillips for Scunthorpe even in the old Quibell  Park days,  along with Manzares whose points at Workington last night were mainly gifts it has given Scunthorpe the worst reserve pairing in the league, it's no secret that most matches are won with at least one decent reserve,  Scunthorpe have sadly lacked one this year, it puts more pressure on the team members as these 2 reserves are in 7/8 of the heats,  my season at Scunny is now over as I refuse to hand over good money to watch Phillips trundling around half a lap behind the others. 

Manzares looked a fantastic rider in his first season at Ipswich. His second season was hugely disappointing and it seems he has dropped even further as a full season in the reserve berth should have seen his scoring rocket. 

8 hours ago, Scorpison said:

Just out of interest how has Phillips held Godfrey at ransom? Godfrey tried to sack him after the cut off date had been made for changes I fail to see what Phillips has done wrong? 

• Like 3

Guest WTF1
1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

Just out of interest how has Phillips held Godfrey at ransom? Godfrey tried to sack him after the cut off date had been made for changes I fail to see what Phillips has done wrong? 

Turning up week after week. 

23 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

the messiah  of speedway should have knew/followed  the rules you can't sack riders after the cut off date ,blame the messiah 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

Yeah I get that but he’s well within his right to keep riding when his boss tried to screw him over. It’s been pretty obvious all season he’s been struggling why wait until the deadline had passed to make the change? Manzares has been equally poor surely he could’ve been dropped too but he’s been in no danger all season and he’s dropped a point off his start of season average.

• Like 1

Guest WTF1
37 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Yeah I get that but he’s well within his right to keep riding when his boss tried to screw him over. It’s been pretty obvious all season he’s been struggling why wait until the deadline had passed to make the change? Manzares has been equally poor surely he could’ve been dropped too but he’s been in no danger all season and he’s dropped a point off his start of season average.

Yes unfortunately we are just the mugs who pay the entrance fee and have no say in anything,  it was evident even in early season that Phillips was just there to make up the numbers,  I have posted earlier that Manzares has been just as poor,  he should be averaging around 6 which still would have kept him at reserve, equally as poor is the team manager whose decisions over this year and other years are pretty baffling like giving Phillips the R/R ride in heat 1 everytime

2 hours ago, hans fan said:

the messiah  of speedway should have knew/followed  the rules you can't sack riders after the cut off date ,blame the messiah 

True, but there were other options similar to what Shuttleworth did at Workington &, recently, Mark Riss at Ipswich(which also includes his racing for Belle Vue. He could have stepped down blaming the injuries of last year with it affecting his racing & confidence when mixing it in the first 2 bends & when, & not very often, trying to overtake when other riders are having poor meetings. You can even see our other riders are trying a little too hard to make up for riders that are struggling to score since coming back from injuries. Manzares, pre Nations Cup had reached 5.8 but is now down at 3.8 & even Nielsen has joined them going from 7.1 to about 5.7.

".............equally as poor is the team manager whose decisions over this year and other years are pretty baffling like giving Phillips the R/R ride in heat 1 everytime "

I have mentioned many times the need for naming a no8 when using r/r & even more so when reserves are struggling. When another rider gets injured in a meeting it compounds it even more.

• Like 1