British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

16 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Think he’s referring to the amount of injuries 

That would make it a 5 man team as both Steve & Stefan were both out for 3 months. :sad:

Guest WTF1
16 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Nope. 

22 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Sure he was...

5 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

Nope. 

As proven by the man himself ;)

and probably by many others that do not frequent the forum.

Dandelion, have you actually seen him try & race this last 4 months or more?

• Like 1

Using this years rules:

Josh Auty    8.36
Steve Worrall    8.17
Jason Garrity    7.58
Jake Allen    7.37
Stefan Nielsen    5.66
Josh Bailey     2.71 
Alfie Bowtell    2.41
Total        42.26

My team for 2019 if this seasons limits apply would be:-

AUTY           8.33

GARRITY     7.56

ALLEN         7.37

ARNIO          6.21

PICKERING  5.68

MANZARES  4.00

No 7               3.35

Guest WTF1

Having accepted that there is little chance of Danny Phillips scoring any points I was wondering if there has been any other rider that has scored as poor throughout a full season,  ironically even in mid October he has still 4 matches to ride in 2 Scunny and 2 Coventry with the chance of 2 more for Coventry if they reach a final. 

You already know the answer to that question Hernia Wise, it is not possible for a rider like Phillips to be retained for a full season like he has, and if ever a rider had a full season with a team and averaged less than 0.5, he would certainly be the most thick skinned rider ever, for not calling it a day.

You will obviously think that I am very hard faced with these comments, but I am one of the Scunny supporters that has turned out every meeting, and watched him trundle round each race, ofter half a lap behind, and has really pissed off so many of our fans for his own benefit, actually we can fill in the race card at the start of each meeting as far as Phillips is concerned, I do not want to ever see the spoiled thick skinned guy ever again, he has let down the team, the management and the supporters, and to insist that we must keep him in the team even though no one wants him, just shows how pathetic he is, and I do not care what you think Dandelion, because you mustbe a family member of very good mate to give him any backing whatsoever.

Just a question. Was Josh Auty granted a testimonial this year?  Did I miss it, or has his injury postponed it???

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Just a question. Was Josh Auty granted a testimonial this year?  Did I miss it, or has his injury postponed it???

Sure I read or heard somewhere it was going to be possibly the opening meeting of 2019

9 hours ago, Scorpison said:

You already know the answer to that question Hernia Wise, it is not possible for a rider like Phillips to be retained for a full season like he has, and if ever a rider had a full season with a team and averaged less than 0.5, he would certainly be the most thick skinned rider ever, for not calling it a day.

You will obviously think that I am very hard faced with these comments, but I am one of the Scunny supporters that has turned out every meeting, and watched him trundle round each race, ofter half a lap behind, and has really pissed off so many of our fans for his own benefit, actually we can fill in the race card at the start of each meeting as far as Phillips is concerned, I do not want to ever see the spoiled thick skinned guy ever again, he has let down the team, the management and the supporters, and to insist that we must keep him in the team even though no one wants him, just shows how pathetic he is, and I do not care what you think Dandelion, because you mustbe a family member of very good mate to give him any backing whatsoever.

Am always amazed that people like u can call anyone brave enough to ride a bike with no brakes round an oval track at speed to entertain us , yes the lad is not the best but i admire him for turning up each week and having a go , having witnessed others in the team at workington turning down programmed rides because the bike didnt feel right step up danny to take them no probs a lesser man could have said no !

Guest WTF1
8 hours ago, Scorpison said:

Totally agree with all your comments and admire your honesty,  yes it has been said that he was put in the team to make up the numbers but come on surely a point or two by now after a full season is not too much to ask,  Unfortunately we will have to see him again on Sunday for the Workington cup final.

11 hours ago, Scorpison said:

Yeah much easier to slag him off from behind a keyboard... 

37 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Yeah much easier to slag him off from behind a keyboard... 

is there any other way for anyone to say their thoughts on a Forum without a keyboard tho?;)