British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

32 minutes ago, montie said:

is there any other way for anyone to say their thoughts on a Forum without a keyboard tho?;)

Fair point that :D

Edited by phillipsr
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Sure I read or heard somewhere it was going to be possibly the opening meeting of 2019

I posted that it would probably be the opening meeting in 2019 as I had not heard or seen anything since it was mentioned in the AGM brief & our website.

• Like 1

Guest WTF1
1 hour ago, therefused said:

Phillips is useless not sure what the issue is. 

Think the only issue now is that the worst rider ever to ride for Scunny turns up,  of course we will get the PC brigade on here saying get off his back,  he's such a nice lad, blah blah blah, but to be honest he's not up to this league,  in fact it's a good job he is so far behind the other riders the number of times he falls off or he would be a danger to the other riders. 

6 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

Think the only issue now is that the worst rider ever to ride for Scunny turns up,  of course we will get the PC brigade on here saying get off his back,  he's such a nice lad, blah blah blah, but to be honest he's not up to this league,  in fact it's a good job he is so far behind the other riders the number of times he falls off or he would be a danger to the other riders. 

If you get caught with your pants down then chances are that you will get your arses slapped.

By the sounds of it the rider could or should have been dropped anytime this season.

But the Scunthorpe decided that to drop him/ rest him after the transfer deadline.

To drop him would have meant the rules were broken.

To rest him and the rider is deemed to withholding his services and receive a ban.

The rider does not agree to been rested as he has riding commitments elsewhere and still wants to honour those commitments.

Rob Godfrey was caught with his trousers firmly around his ankles and his arse must have been slapped so hard its a wonder he could sit down.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, spin king said:

If you get caught with your pants down then chances are that you will get your arses slapped.

By the sounds of it the rider could or should have been dropped anytime this season.

But the Scunthorpe decided that to drop him/ rest him after the transfer deadline.

To drop him would have meant the rules were broken.

To rest him and the rider is deemed to withholding his services and receive a ban.

The rider does not agree to been rested as he has riding commitments elsewhere and still wants to honour those commitments.

Rob Godfrey was caught with his trousers firmly around his ankles and his arse must have been slapped so hard its a wonder he could sit down.  

Danny Phillips has had a poor season by any riders standards and Scunthorpe had plenty of opportunities to replace him before the deadline for replacements and rightly should have been dropped . The fact that this didn't happen lies firmly in Godfrey's back yard , so instead of blaming the rider why don't Scunthorpe fans have a go at there beloved promoter who still thought he could pull a fast one after the deadline. The lad has done his best even though he's been way off the mark , it's not his fault he's still in the team.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Danny Phillips has had a poor season by any riders standards and Scunthorpe had plenty of opportunities to replace him before the deadline for replacements and rightly should have been dropped . The fact that this didn't happen lies firmly in Godfrey's back yard , so instead of blaming the rider why don't Scunthorpe fans have a go at there beloved promoter who still thought he could pull a fast one after the deadline. The lad has done his best even though he's been way off the mark , it's not his fault he's still in the team.

totally agree and what I was saying in a round about way.

• Like 1

Guest WTF1

And right on cue here come the PC brigade caught hook line and sinker

10 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

And right on cue here come the PC brigade caught hook line and sinker

Wrong the PC brigade as you call them,  have not been caught hook, line and sinker , it's your promoter who has been caught with his pants down and had his ar5e  firmly rattled.

• Like 1

Looking at the amount of Peterborough fans that have commented on this thread, I think there are a few closet fans on here that will travelling up the A1 next year if Peterborough fold. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

Looking at the amount of Peterborough fans that have commented on this thread, I think there are a few closet fans on here that will travelling up the A1 next year if Peterborough fold. 

Grand total of 2.

And if they buy a season ticket god Scunny will be quids in.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

Not me , the last time I attended a meeting at Scunthorpe was the the replay of the k/o cup in 2017 , having previously been to the abandoned meeting  where I had my ticket stamped by Rob Godfrey on the way out after witnessing 5 heats and then turning up for the replay with my previous stamped ticket to be told I was entitled for my efforts to a £5. 00   reduction , now from that previous encounter for which I had paid £15. 00 entrance fee  and still  expecting me to pay another £10 equates to £25.00 to watch  20 races  , surely it should have been a £10. 00 reduction . shear daylight robbery  that's why you will never see me again at Scunthorpe . I don't like being ripped off.

Thats the standard BSPA agreed refund/discount policy - £1 per heat

As a result would be called and no refund due after 10 heats any refund for a curtailed meeting is the £1 per missed heat but only upto that 10th heat

• Like 2

Guest WTF1
9 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Not me , the last time I attended a meeting at Scunthorpe was the the replay of the k/o cup in 2017 , having previously been to the abandoned meeting  where I had my ticket stamped by Rob Godfrey on the way out after witnessing 5 heats and then turning up for the replay with my previous stamped ticket to be told I was entitled for my efforts to a £5. 00   reduction , now from that previous encounter for which I had paid £15. 00 entrance fee  and still  expecting me to pay another £10 equates to £25.00 to watch  20 races  , surely it should have been a £10. 00 reduction . shear daylight robbery  that's why you will never see me again at Scunthorpe . I don't like being ripped off.

Well we agree on something as after the borefest of a meeting on Saturday with the motorway slick track you will never see me at Peterborough again .

9 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

is that not the same policy adopted at all tracks though?