British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

29 minutes ago, RS50 said:

May be the promoters policy. Does not necessarily mean fans agree with it.

therefore it is ones choice to enter the stadium when the weather is a bit iffy

1 hour ago, montie said:

therefore it is ones choice to enter the stadium when the weather is a bit iffy

I went to the abandoned match myself. Forecast was not too bad on that day and the downpour caught most people by surprise. What was also annoying that by having to wait for re admission tickets to be stamped on exit took considerably longer to get out than to get in.

22 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

Think the only issue now is that the worst rider ever to ride for Scunny turns up,  of course we will get the PC brigade on here saying get off his back,  he's such a nice lad, blah blah blah, but to be honest he's not up to this league,  in fact it's a good job he is so far behind the other riders the number of times he falls off or he would be a danger to the other riders. 

How many times did Matt Williamson or josh bailey overtake somebody to earn a point...not quite sure that Danny Philips is the worst ever 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thats the standard BSPA agreed refund/discount policy - £1 per heat

As a result would be called and no refund due after 10 heats any refund for a curtailed meeting is the £1 per missed heat but only upto that 10th heat

So pay £15. 00 to watch 5 heats  and get a reduction of £5 00 as I could have stayed to watch imaginary heats 11 to 15 , that's not the right way to do business , who at the BSPA  came up with that idea . Then people are wondering why crowds are on the decline is it really any wonder when the governing body are continually shooting themselves in the foot.

• Like 1

What was most annoying about that meeting was that after all the efforts to return the track back a decent condition, it was the actions of a few riders... namely Palm Toft (Scun) and Ostergaard (Peterboro) that put an end to the meeting. Rider power at its best.. my biggest gripe about the sport.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

So pay £15. 00 to watch 5 heats  and get a reduction of £5 00 as I could have stayed to watch imaginary heats 11 to 15 , that's not the right way to do business , who at the BSPA  came up with that idea . Then people are wondering why crowds are on the decline is it really any wonder when the governing body are continually shooting themselves in the foot.

I agree - I started a thread a few weeks ago questioning the legality of it!

Guest WTF1
1 hour ago, Shrimmy said:

How many times did Matt Williamson or josh bailey overtake somebody to earn a point...not quite sure that Danny Philips is the worst ever 

Give me them 2 anytime over Phillips,  definitely without a shadow of a doubt that Phillips is the worst ever

46 minutes ago, Albert said:

What was most annoying about that meeting was that after all the efforts to return the track back a decent condition, it was the actions of a few riders... namely Palm Toft (Scun) and Ostergaard (Peterboro) that put an end to the meeting. Rider power at its best.. my biggest gripe about the sport.

There was no way this meeting could have carried on it was unfit to race on full stop I watched all the efforts to try and clear the water off the third bend and even when they did reduce the flooding and I don't mean clearing there was still big puddles on the inside of the bend and the rest was just like sludge I can't say I would blame any rider for not wanting to ride let alone race on such a dangerous surface , nobody wants to see riders put themselves at risk of serious injuries in such circumstances . As you say both riders who opposing captains at the time were against riding and I am sure it was the only logical conclusion despite the valiant efforts of Rob Godfrey and his track crew  to try and get the meeting on again.

55 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

Give me them 2 anytime over Phillips,  definitely without a shadow of a doubt that Phillips is the worst ever

Can you tell me how many times they genuinely overtook someone and earned any points and why would you want those 2 over Philips 

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thats the standard BSPA agreed refund/discount policy - £1 per heat

As a result would be called and no refund due after 10 heats any refund for a curtailed meeting is the £1 per missed heat but only upto that 10th heat

Tut,tut, you have posted enough on here to know not to let the truth get in the way of a story. 

8 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Can you tell me how many times they genuinely overtook someone and earned any points and why would you want those 2 over Philips 

Check on Phillips record this season it's been abysmal and he should be ashamed of himself ,I know injuries etc but his pts have been gifted i.e. Engine failures or falls .He isn't really piling the pts up in the national league I don't know how he is able to put a bike out on to track  as he can't be earning anything 

hey hoo only 2 meetings left in the scunny jacket

9 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Check on Phillips record this season it's been abysmal and he should be ashamed of himself ,I know injuries etc but his pts have been gifted i.e. Engine failures or falls .He isn't really piling the pts up in the national league I don't know how he is able to put a bike out on to track  as he can't be earning anything 

hey hoo only 2 meetings left in the scunny jacket

Ironically it looks like his NL team will be using RR at Eastbourne as he cant make this weeks meeting.....

Why is so much of the Scunthorpe 2019 thread about Danny Phillips? Will he be back next year? Don't think Rob has announced next year's team yet.

Edited by RS50

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, OdsalBoy said:

Jason Garrity

Coty Garcia

Thomas Jorgensen

Max Dilger

Josh Auty

Matt Wethers

David Speight

No way! Our next years team Has to have the " 3 J's " Jake,  Josh and Jason. These lads have carried us through the season , due to our bad luck with long injuries and has given us brilliant proper racing, with passes galore!. 

• Like 1