British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

Guest WTF1
2 hours ago, June said:

No way! Our next years team Has to have the " 3 J's " Jake,  Josh and Jason. These lads have carried us through the season , due to our bad luck with long injuries and has given us brilliant proper racing, with passes galore!. 

Take no notice of Odsal Boy June,  surprised he is allowed to use the computer in the asylum especially in a straight jacket,  the 3 J's definite with whatever the points limit  is for the others but not Danny Phillips. 

Edited by WTF1

23 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

Take no notice of Odsal Boy June,  surprised he is allowed to use the computer in the asylum especially in a straight jacket,  the 3 J's definite with whatever the points limit  is for the others but not Danny Phillips. 

Honestly 

I don't gamble but if I did one sure thing would be that Danny Phillips wont be back at Scunny next year.

I would not only put my shirt on that but the whole house LOL

Regards
THJ

I have just had a look at the Coventry result tonight, and my hopes have been  raised when seeing that Phillips is not riding and there is RR  down for him !!!, does this also meen that he is not available for our Cup Final on Sunday afternoon ???   I don't suppose we will have such luck, but you never know !!!!!!

I am sorry to say, but after looking at the BS site, it says that he was unavailable due to work commitements, I wonder if this work is fitting a 500CC engine into his bike, to replace the 350 one.

• Like 1

Think the criticism of Danny is over the top, & needs to stop. He deserves credit for continuing to ride after being dropped, & for showing the courage he has for getting back on a bike, after a terrible injury. 

• Like 6

Guest WTF1
8 hours ago, Scorpison said:

I am sorry to say, but after looking at the BS site, it says that he was unavailable due to work commitements, I wonder if this work is fitting a 500CC engine into his bike, to replace the 350 one.

Couldn't we beg his employers to give him lots of overtime on Sunday or maybe he might get abducted by aliens ( just joking before the Phillips police come on here) 

35 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Think the criticism of Danny is over the top, & needs to stop. He deserves credit for continuing to ride after being dropped, & for showing the courage he has for getting back on a bike, after a terrible injury. 

Here here.

I haven't seen such relentless criticism of a struggling reserve since Lee Richardson propped up the Racers scoresheet week in week out in 1995.

Guest WTF1

Seems like it's non Scunny fans mostly defending Phillips so can we expect clubs like Workington and Peterborough rushing out and signing him up  for next season

in fairness when danny came to scunny this season after his injury not a lot was expected from him and initially he had a fairly bright start not scoring many but always being involved in the races .He had plenty of slide offs as a result of over trying, but as the season has progressed his form has dipped to a point were he isn't involved at all after the tapes go up. its not a criticism its a fact 

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:16 AM, RS50 said:

Why is so much of the Scunthorpe 2019 thread about Danny Phillips? Will he be back next year? Don't think Rob has announced next year's team yet.

I have posted to re-start the 2018 thread but be aware posts have been removed by the moderators.

Rob will not announce next years team or have talks with any of the riders centre green as nothing is known yet about 2019 regarding league sizes, team sizes, new rules as they have & still are being  discussed about & then to be announced at the AGM in November.

waytogo28  .... you are are so right....  I confine my speedway to watching the SGPs on the telly.  As to supporting my team ... I have no idea anymore which day of the week to turn up, or for that matter which track to travel to !!!!! (Lakeside  Hammers) Seems Fridays were pre booked by the BSPA co chairman -and in the interests of himself decided nobody else could run on a Friday.  Complete shambles. So in MY best interests I have walked away ..... I spend my money with BT sports now.

• Like 1

Josh Auty 8.36

Dimitri Berge 5.03

Jake Allen 7.37

Todd Kurtz 5.91

Steve Worrall 8.17

Connor Mountain 3.57

Anders Rowe 2.00

TOT 40.41

Guest WTF1
3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Josh Auty 8.36

Dimitri Berge 5.03

Jake Allen 7.37

Todd Kurtz 5.91

Steve Worrall 8.17

Connor Mountain 3.57

Anders Rowe 2.00

TOT 40.41

Still hope the team is built around Allen,  Auty and Garrity , wouldn't want Berge and definitely not Kurtz, sorry Dan. 

It sure is not going well for Phillips nowadays, tonight there were three or four side shows including a bouncey castle, a couple of candy stalls and a "HOOK A dUCK STALL", but when Danny went over to this stall he found that he was banned, he pleaded why? and was informed that he already had three ducks tonight and that he was well known for winning three of them every meeting.   He tried to tell the stall holder that he had a right to use it, but was informed that the rule did not apply to riders that tried to use it after the closing date for signing !!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Josh Auty 8.36

Tero Aarnio 6.83  / Rasmus Jensen 6.59

Jake Allen 7.37

Stefan Nielsen 5.66

Steve Worrall 8.17

Gino Manzares 4.00

Anders Rowe / Kyle Bickley 2.00

TOT 42.39 with Tero

or

Josh Auty 8.36

Kyle Howarth 6.95

Jake Allen 7.37

Stefan Nielsen 5.66

Jason Garrit 7.59

Gino Manzares 4.00

Anders Rowe / Kyle Bickley 2.00

TOT 41.93

Not much chance of getting Jensen( much improved) or Kyle (coming on really good and on the pace now) but as this is just a little fun I thought I would include them, no doubt Worky will retain there best riders next season though.