British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What ever did happen regarding Danny's sacking/release ?,,, thought it was all done and dusted. Your synopsis of the situation does seem a little bit harsh IMO.

Harsh yes.. Sadly factually correct

5o be fair think his injuries caused more problems than he or the club thought they would 

The lad need to sit down over the winter.. And see if he really thinks he can make a rider after his awfull injurys last season

• Thanks 1

Guest WTF1
49 minutes ago, Scorpison said:

Just forn the record, I have checked Phanny Dillips record for his last four home and last four away meetings, the findings do not suggest him ever winning a race, and he has only beaten one rider in his 33 rides, and that was Wilko who fell off and remounted.

33  RIDES IN THESE EIGHT MEETINGS.

24 LAST (4th)  PLACES.

4 ENGINE FAILURES.

5 RACES WHERE HE SCORED 1 POINT FOR LAST PLACES IN THREE RIDER RACES.

WINS-------ZERO

2ND PLACES-------ZERO

SO THE ONLY RIDER HE HAS FINISHED IN FRONT OF ACTUALLY FELL & REMOUNTED.

Now maybe some of you will understand our feelings and bitterness we have towards Phanny after he refused to accept being sacked by Scunthorpe, he is a pathetic, thick skinned selfish hopeless form of a man, just think what his opinion of the fans is when he just keeps turning up meeting after meeting and we paid to see the pathetic creature trundle round in last place in every race, no one can tell me that he was trying. In my opinion he will never ever get any team to offer him anything after the contempt he has shown Rob, at least the season is now over, so get lost Phanny and go home and count the vast points earnings you have made turning out for us, you really must be proud of your smug self..

Of course he will get another team,  Newcastle,  Peterborough and Workington will all be queueing up for his services if the posters on here are true to their word with all their sympathetic crap to a rider who they haven't had the pleasure of seeing this complete waste of space week after week, No wonder Newcastle didn't want to use him

1 hour ago, HerniaWise said:

Of course he will get another team,  Newcastle,  Peterborough and Workington will all be queueing up for his services if the posters on here are true to their word with all their sympathetic crap to a rider who they haven't had the pleasure of seeing this complete waste of space week after week, No wonder Newcastle didn't want to use him

I wouldn’t mind queuing for any rider next season, sadly probably not to be 

Edited by comet49

2 hours ago, singy13 said:

Hey.. off with you.........and get that tiling done....

I  know I should  get on with the tiling and its looking good at the moment just got the window side to do now,  as for my previous comment well I just couldn't resist it and I suppose I was feeling like a retired gynaecologist and couldn't wait to get my hand in. Congratulations on your resounding victory in the cup and like I said before I wouldn't be surprised if comets go on to win the play off's  and the  shield   'meetings Workington deserve them for the splendid performances they have put on this season , I must admit it does get a bit boring though watching Lakeside week  after week so I suppose your lucky in that sense at least you should see the back of them within a few days . Again well Workington.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Again, I will reiterate I restarted(posted on) the 2018 thread. Use the 2019 thread for 2019 news/conversations.

Come up with 2 possible teams for next season, wouldn't mind either

Team 1

Auty (8.36)

Josh Pickering (6.11)

Steve Worrall (8.17)

Jake Allen (7.37)

Tero Aarnio (6.83)

Connor Mountain (3.62)

Anders Rowe (2.00)

Total Averages 42.46

Team 2

Auty (8.36)

Allen (7.37)

Ryan Douglas (5.2)

Steve Worrall (8.17)

Nico Covatti (6.56)

Nathan Greaves (4.09)

Anders Rowe (2.00)

Total Averages 41.75

Guest WTF1

Would like Douglas back if he could start at one of the reserve spots where we have been woefully weak this year,  Aarnio has been good round Scunny this year but we've been there got the T-shirt no thanks or Jorgensen,  not bothered if Worrall doesn't come back as Jake Allen if he comes back should be one of the top riders in the league next year and no 1 and Auty was good this year,  I notice there is no Garrity in your teams thought he was a Scunny asset,  needs to settle down a bit and not be so hyper, need to find a Rasmus Jensen type rider so I would start with

Jake Allen

Josh Auty

Jason Garrity

Ryan Douglas

And 3 others. 

2 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

Would like Douglas back if he could start at one of the reserve spots where we have been woefully weak this year,  Aarnio has been good round Scunny this year but we've been there got the T-shirt no thanks or Jorgensen,  not bothered if Worrall doesn't come back as Jake Allen if he comes back should be one of the top riders in the league next year and no 1 and Auty was good this year,  I notice there is no Garrity in your teams thought he was a Scunny asset,  needs to settle down a bit and not be so hyper, need to find a Rasmus Jensen type rider so I would start with

Jake Allen

Josh Auty

Jason Garrity

Ryan Douglas

And 3 others. 

if that could be part of your team , i dont think ryan douglas would fit in at reserve . could be looking at a weak lower end . poss 3 very weak riders . dont go down the westerly scottish route . 

4 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

I notice there is no Garrity in your teams thought he was a Scunny asset,  

He's a BSPA asset due to the deals with Peterboro' being voided, according to Ged Rathbone in SS last week.

Guest WTF1
3 hours ago, jenga said:

if that could be part of your team , i dont think ryan douglas would fit in at reserve . could be looking at a weak lower end . poss 3 very weak riders . dont go down the westerly scottish route . 

Nothing worse than a weak bottom but seriously Scunny had enough of that last year with 2 poor reserves costing Scunny dearly,  Workington had the right  idea with Campton at reserve scoring heavily

Start with Phillips and Manzares and work up two cracking reserves potentially.. 

Manzares will come good and Phillips deserves a second chance after the dreadful way that Scunny treated him this year 

Edited by phillipsr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Start with Phillips and Manzares and work up two cracking reserves potentially.. 

Manzares will come good and Phillips deserves a second chance after the dreadful way that Scunny treated him this year 

:D

Auty         8.35

Neilsen    5.66

PIckering 6.11

Allen         7.37

Garrity      7.59

Douglas   5.20

Rowe        2.00

42.29   Has Ryan at reserve

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

Auty         8.35

Neilsen    5.66

PIckering 6.11

Allen         7.37

Garrity      7.59

Douglas   5.20

Rowe        2.00

42.29   Has Ryan at reserve

Swap Garrity for worrall or anyone with an average that fits and that a good shout

• Like 1

Thought Douglas was about 6.1

Just because he had to requalify for a visa doesnt mean he he will come in on 5.2 again

• Like 1