5 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Personally I think he should go elsewhere but would be a good reserve 

Any 6.1 rider would be a good reserve!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Any 6.1 rider would be a good reserve!

as proven !

23 hours ago, Steve55 said:

He's a BSPA asset due to the deals with Peterboro' being voided, according to Ged Rathbone in SS last week.

At the time, it was a swap deal with MPT. So who now owns MPT? Scunthorpe, Peterborough or the BSPA? 

14 hours ago, sharpandroid said:

Why do people want Douglas back?

He is a good rider thwarted by injuries every season(could be a minus point) but was getting used to most tracks away. He, also, started the season in 2017 on the GTR, which he just could not get the perfect set up & changed back to his GM scoring points for fun but not enough for a new visa.

When he left Scunthorpe, I got the impression that riders had to have a year out which is what was quoted in local papers & the SS. Even if he qualified last January by being in the top 3 of a state final or Australian Solo Championships, would he have then got a visa. Campton going back to Australia to try to qualify is opposite to what happened to Douglas. Have things changed in a year for visa qualification?

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

When he left Scunthorpe, I got the impression that riders had to have a year out which is what was quoted in local papers & the SS. Even if he qualified last January by being in the top 3 of a state final or Australian Solo Championships, would he have then got a visa. Campton going back to Australia to try to qualify is opposite to what happened to Douglas. Have things changed in a year for visa qualification?

As I understand it, a Tier 2 visa is valid for a maximum of 3 years but if the rider fails to meet the required standard when it expires then they have to take a year out. If they finish a season within the 3 years but their average is too low, then I believe they can re-qualify via the state or national championship route, which is top 4 BTW.

A Tier 5 visa is only valid for 1 year so I think the only option in that case is a year out.

Edited by Alan_Jones
  • Thanks 1

Hi Scunny fans. Does anyone here have a programme cover scan from the KOC Final>? Thanks 

Looking at the BSPA site for final averages, Ty Proctor did not have an average in 2016 so that must have been his year out. He then achieved a 7.15 in 2017 meaning he was ok then this last year, unluckily, having a 6.96 average.

The case with Mason Campton, I followed, because of similarities to Ryan Douglas, & he has been at Workington for 3 years achieving averages of 4.67 in 2016, 5.73 in 2017 & 6.32 in 2018. Being at one club, similar to Ryan, made me think he was on a similar Tier 2 3 year visa.  

Ryan Douglas secured 3rd place in last Saturdays Victorian State Championship which qualifies him for a visa in 2019.

As previously stated, he finished 2017 on a 6.12 average but that was based on 34 matches. I have now gone through the last 20 meetings for Ryan in 2017 as that is now the limit of meetings for an average. I did say he improved his game when he changed back on to his GM & from 88 rides scoring 143 points I have him on a 6.50 average. Whether this is right or not, I'm unsure.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Ryan Douglas secured 3rd place in last Saturdays Victorian State Championship which qualifies him for a visa in 2019.

As previously stated, he finished 2017 on a 6.12 average but that was based on 34 matches. I have now gone through the last 20 meetings for Ryan in 2017 as that is now the limit of meetings for an average. I did say he improved his game when he changed back on to his GM & from 88 rides scoring 143 points I have him on a 6.50 average. Whether this is right or not, I'm unsure.

Depends who wants to sign him ;)

Guest WTF1
On 10/30/2018 at 9:43 PM, sharpandroid said:

Why do people want Douglas back?

because anything has to be better than Phillips and Manzares. 

Can't see Phillips anywhere near the EW raceway next season but as I'm led  to believe teams running averages will be lower to start with which makes Gino a possibility for 2019

8 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

because anything has to be better than Phillips and Manzares. 

I was speaking with Danny at Workington after the Scunny meeting , such a lovely guy who was treated badly by Scunthorpe in the latter of the season , at least he tried , you could have been stuck with the likes of Sarjeant like we were last season who just took the p... !!

49 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

I was speaking with Danny at Workington after the Scunny meeting , such a lovely guy who was treated badly by Scunthorpe in the latter of the season , at least he tried , you could have been stuck with the likes of Sarjeant like we were last season who just took the p... !!

could you point out how he was treated badly?