1, JOSH AUTY

2, JAKE ALLEN

3, JASON GARRITY

4, KYLE HOWARTH

5, KASPER ANDERSEN

6, DIMITRI BERGE

7, JOSH BAILEY

six loons and a 2 pointer  simple as that

nice loan fee to workington for mr howarth . thats of course if we run .

14 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Think you need a new manager but who is around who could do a good job under ROBS thumb

Don't think been under Robs thumb has anything too do with poor decision making during a meeting as Rob is usually centre green doing the presenting.

Guest WTF1
3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Don't think been under Robs thumb has anything too do with poor decision making during a meeting as Rob is usually centre green doing the presenting.

Definitely need a new manager who can motivate the riders and not make stupid decisions like constantly putting Phillips out in heat 1 when using rider replacement but the classic one was last year when Carl Wilkinson had 2 poor last places and was then given the black and white helmet,  crazy, Scunny haven't had a decent manager since they won the league in 2012.

It has been often said on the terraces where I stand we need a new manager, even most of us on the scaffold stand could do a better job:rofl:

46 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

It has been often said on the terraces where I stand we need a new manager, even most of us on the scaffold stand could do a better job:rofl:

Richard Hollingsworth is the best man for the job .

• Like 5

18 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

Definitely need a new manager who can motivate the riders and not make stupid decisions like constantly putting Phillips out in heat 1 when using rider replacement but the classic one was last year when Carl Wilkinson had 2 poor last places and was then given the black and white helmet,  crazy, Scunny haven't had a decent manager since they won the league in 2012.

Some would argue that it is a good move, as it would get rid of his three rides quicker.

There seems to be little mention of the fact that Danny was coming back after a serious injury (bearing in mind the doctors told him to forget about riding again after the injury occurred). Some take longer to get back to a level they were at (he was averaging over 4 in the PL when the injury happened).  The only thing you can have a go at him (or indeed the Scunthorpe Management) for is he came back too quickly at the higher level and maybe should have concentrated on the NL for the season.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Some would argue that it is a good move, as it would get rid of his three rides quicker.

There seems to be little mention of the fact that Danny was coming back after a serious injury (bearing in mind the doctors told him to forget about riding again after the injury occurred). Some take longer to get back to a level they were at (he was averaging over 4 in the PL when the injury happened).  The only thing you can have a go at him (or indeed the Scunthorpe Management) for is he came back too quickly at the higher level and maybe should have concentrated on the NL for the season.

on the flip side of that he used to nearly get lapped in heat 1 then be out in heat 2 great confidence booster for a struggling rider. Also I have mentioned numerous times He was under no pressure to score as the team was strong enough to win with 6 men. The loss of Worrall early on didn't help but with being able to use the other 5 as rr or a quality guest again made little difference to what was expected of Danny. The loss of Stefan Nielsen was the big one as he was scoring well above his average when injury struck but this did leave the team needing points from reserve at the same time Gino had his crash whilst with the USA  and that's were the problem became more acute as points were needed . Unfortunately they never came and in my opinion Scunny should of made a double swap for Nielsen and Phillips but hey ho its gone now so lets move on

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 1:41 PM, montie said:

1, JOSH AUTY

2, JAKE ALLEN

3, JASON GARRITY

4, KYLE HOWARTH

5, KASPER ANDERSEN

6, DIMITRI BERGE

7, JOSH BAILEY

six loons and a 2 pointer  simple as that

This post makes me smile, Kasper Andersen will more than likely be with Sheffield. Kyle Howarth will more than likely be with Sheffield.

1 hour ago, OdsalBoy said:

This post makes me smile, Kasper Andersen will more than likely be with Sheffield. Kyle Howarth will more than likely be with Sheffield.

Equally your post makes me smile to.. Thanks

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2018 at 2:11 PM, jenga said:

nice loan fee to workington for mr howarth . thats of course if we run .

kyle stated today in the sheffield star that he wants to come back to owlerton in 2019.and if the promoters are ambitious they will sign kasper up as well.

Do any of the Scorpions management or riders read this stuff Christ I hope not ? Must despair at times. I know its been tougher than tough for Danny Phillips but I'm giving hIm credit for sticking with it. Right now he's not up to Championship standard but I cannot fault his "professionalism" and commitment to his racling. I do think his "sacking" could have been handled better ? thereafter I dont think he posted another point for us ?. That's pretty demoralising working where you feel unwanted. Danny is more than capable at NL level and needs to regroup and go again in 2019. This was always a tough ask after such serious injury in 2017; so he (as all riders do) gets my respect and thanks for his effort's it's unforgiving out there and surely as Speedway people we all understand that or we should ?

The team was set up properly at the start to succeed and it would have? but no team can overcome the injuries the Scorpions suffered in 2018. To be fair the only rider not to sustain a season interupping injury was indeed Danny Phillips so he gets my congratulations for sticking with it and in one piece if nothing else. But the injuries pretty much ended our season by June. I'm not going to reiterate them they are well known; and were a massive influence against the teams progress in 2018 and the promotions ambitions on and off track for Scunthorpe Speedway. The team set up as it was should have been a major force in that League and totally capable of running Workington to the wire. As it turned out we did get the chance to deny them a triple crown in the KO Cup Final but after amassing a really workable 18 point buffer in the first leg were given a lesson in the return leg by an irresistible Comet's force ! So that was that in the end.

We left Workington saying that this is what we need to be next season!  We need to be like the Comets a totally driven machine. They had lost two major riders in Bewley & Proctor yet kept the momentum. Jensen & Campton have been superb and in Nicolai Klindt aside from Tai Woffinden (World No1) for me Nicolai is the British League Speedway Rider of the Year. So we have to strive for that consistency;  that standard.There will be dips in form and injuries (Comets had them) but the kept their eye on the prize and just kept keeping on.

How we line up in 2019 will depend what comes out of this AGM but I want us to be stepping up to Workington standard ! Not have them stepping down to ours ?!. The points limit should be the total combined averages of the previous seasons Champions and give them the chance to defend it and we to challenge them for it !. Speedway is a "natural leveller" in anycase so we do not need points limits (anti-speedway in my opinion !) curtailing team building. How many times are we left frustrated or riders frustrated by 0.01 of a point forcing some one onto the sidelines ? There are not enough riders anyway !? to have riders who want to race not racing so let's build proper teams and the entertainment     ( and mostly it's not so bad now ?)  But the entertainment will go up.

I have set out my plans for what I want to see in 2019 in another feed on the AGM in Discussions but again; I propose 

Two Regionalised Conferences North & South (an amalgamation of kind) -this opens the British Speedway 2019 season and the competition runs until June. Home & Away matches. Starting the season with localised matches potentially lowers costs for riders & fans. Also distances are cut for travel and with maybe tickets incentitives for travelling fans can up the atendances ? Also with rain offs at the start of the season distances for travel are reduced. 

I cannot see removal of riders  "doubling up" indeed if you read what Chris Harris says in the Star he woukd pack up without it ! So it's here for now. But I would make it a rule that riders in the Conference North can only double up or guest in the Conference South and vice versa. If only to give the competition credibility !?

The Conference leagues are the 'qualifiers" for the  "Major Leagues Speedway Series" Top half of N&S Conferences  form the Premiership and the bottom half of the N&S form the Championship. That means all teams are racing in the initial weeks of the season to earn their "MLS status". So the Major Leagues get underway in June which should fit in nicely with BT Sport coverage of the British Speedway "top flight" completion. So it should keep them on side with the desire for a "premier product"  

So what if the Scorpions end up in the Premier League ? Well my reaction is blooming great ! Let's have some ! Its potentially "half a seasons living the dream"! We would either have to add more solidity to the team by recruiting another top rider from a Championship bound club or recruit a higher standard rider from Europe say ?. But this would be potentially for 12-16 weeks and not the usual March-Oct commitment ?

I propose an InterLeague  Knock Out Cup  straight draw for the rounds. Home & Away ties; but with the lower League team staging the Home leg first !. The format needs to be looked at to derive the most competitive meetIngs out of it. If you got this week's Speedway Star you will have read about Super Heat Speedway. This is an idea that splits a meeting into 4 Rounds and involves various "disciplines" from Speedway. Individual races; Pairs Races; Handicap Races. Why not trial Super Heats in the Inter League KO Cup ? 

I believe we need to increase the number of meetings and make the competitions varied. Each track should have a minimum of one Individual Championship "shoot out"  meeting. Across the leagues these could be "qualifiers" for a National Final. Also why not bring back the coverted Golden & Silver Helmet Match Race Series. Have the Bronze Helmet in the National League. Have it "roll over" so as was always the case the holder defends it in his next meeting against the top rider at that track ! 

I'm not overlooking National League by the way ! -this needs to stay as it is ! Keep doing what it does well arguably at the moment it is the One League that has pretty much got its house in order. If there is scope for the likes of Birmingham or Eastbourne to step up a level then that should be welcomed too.

The Premiership and Championship "Major Leagues Series" culminate in Play-offs and Finals. 

So I started this in defence of Danny Phillips and I stand by that but it's been tough on and off track through 2018 all round. I want to really see something good come from the AGM and I would back my plan against most of the ideas floating around. So let's grasp a moment not to completely tear everything up but to try to make the sport more "joined up" in its thinking and more supporter orientated. The Rules need simplifying when Referees are needing to re-read the Rule Book cover to cover!  Before every meeting !. Make things straightforward and stick with decisions that are made. Speedway in its purist form is really really simple. Four riders on bikes riding like "they've nicked em" turning left !!

Scorpions 2019 ? ...not sure at all ? My Conference N&S might preclude Steve Worrall as he may revert to Belle Vue (who would be in Conference North with Scunthorpe). But Josh Auty Jake Allen; Stefan Nielsen & Gino Manzeres would be figuring for me. Fingers crossed for Speedway.

Edited by the outsider

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

Do any of the Scorpions management or riders read this stuff Christ I hope not ? Must despair at times. I know its been tougher than tough for Danny Phillips but I'm giving hIm credit for sticking with it. Right now he's not up to Championship standard but I cannot fault his "professionalism" and commitment to his racling. I do think his "sacking" could have been handled better ? thereafter I dont think he posted another point for us ?. That's pretty demoralising working where you feel unwanted. Danny is more than capable at NL level and needs to regroup and go again in 2019. This was always a tough ask after such serious injury in 2017; so he (as all riders do) gets my respect and thanks for his effort's it's unforgiving out there and surely as Speedway people we all understand that or we should ?

The team was set up properly at the start to succeed and it would have? but no team can overcome the injuries the Scorpions suffered in 2018. To be fair the only rider not to sustain a season interupping injury was indeed Danny Phillips so he gets my congratulations for sticking with it and in one piece if nothing else. But the injuries pretty much ended our season by June. I'm not going to reiterate them they are well known; and were a massive influence against the teams progress in 2018 and the promotions ambitions on and off track for Scunthorpe Speedway. The team set up as it was should have been a major force in that League and totally capable of running Workington to the wire. As it turned out we did get the chance to deny them a triple crown in the KO Cup Final but after amassing a really workable 18 point buffer in the first leg were given a lesson in the return leg by an irresistible Comet's force ! So that was that in the end.

We left Workington saying that this is what we need to be next season!  We need to be like the Comets a totally driven machine. They had lost two major riders in Bewley & Proctor yet kept the momentum. Jensen & Campton have been superb and in Nicolai Klindt aside from Tai Woffinden (World No1) for me Nicolai is the British League Speedway Rider of the Year. So we have to strive for that consistency;  that standard.There will be dips in form and injuries (Comets had them) but the kept their eye on the prize and just kept keeping on.

How we line up in 2019 will depend what comes out of this AGM but I want us to be stepping up to Workington standard ! Not have them stepping down to ours ?!. The points limit should be the total combined averages of the previous seasons Champions and give them the chance to defend it and we to challenge them for it !. Speedway is a "natural leveller" in anycase so we do not need points limits (anti-speedway in my opinion !) curtailing team building. How many times are we left frustrated or riders frustrated by 0.01 of a point forcing some one onto the sidelines ? There are not enough riders anyway !? to have riders who want to race not racing so let's build proper teams and the entertainment     ( and mostly it's not so bad now ?)  But the entertainment will go up.

I have set out my plans for what I want to see in 2019 in another feed on the AGM in Discussions but again; I propose 

Two Regionalised Conferences North & South (an amalgamation of kind) -this opens the British Speedway 2019 season and the competition runs until June. Home & Away matches. Starting the season with localised matches potentially lowers costs for riders & fans. Also distances are cut for travel and with maybe tickets incentitives for travelling fans can up the atendances ? Also with rain offs at the start of the season distances for travel are reduced. 

I cannot see removal of riders  "doubling up" indeed if you read what Chris Harris says in the Star he woukd pack up without it ! So it's here for now. But I would make it a rule that riders in the Conference North can only double up or guest in the Conference South and vice versa. If only to give the competition credibility !?

The Conference leagues are the 'qualifiers" for the  "Major Leagues Speedway Series" Top half of N&S Conferences  form the Premiership and the bottom half of the N&S form the Championship. That means all teams are racing in the initial weeks of the season to earn their "MLS status". So the Major Leagues get underwayour in June which should fit in nicely with BT Sport coverage of the British Speedway "top flight" completion. So it should keep them on side with the desire for a "premier product"  

So what if the Scorpions end up in the Premier League ? Well my reaction is blooming great ! Let's have some ! Its potentially "half a seasons living the dream"! We would either have to add more solidity to the team by recruiting another top rider from a Championship bound club or recruit a higher standard rider from Europe say ?. But this would be potentially for 12-16 weeks and not the usual March-Oct commitment ?

I propose an InterLeague  Knock Out Cup  straight draw for the rounds. Home & Away ties; but with the lower League team staging the Home leg first !. The format needs to be looked at to derive the most competitive meetIngs out of it. If you got this week's Speedway Star you will have read about Super Heat Speedway. This is an idea that splits a meeting into 4 Rounds and involves various "disciplines" from Speedway. Individual races; Pairs Races; Handicap Races. Why not trial Super Heats in the Inter League KO Cup ? 

I believe we need to increase the number of meetings and make the competitions varied. Each track should have a minimum of one Individual Championship "shoot out"  meeting. Across the leagues these could be "qualifiers" for a National Final. Also why not bring back the coverted Golden & Silver Helmet Match Race Series. Have the Bronze Helmet in the National League. Have it "roll over" so as was always the case the holder defends it in his next meeting against the top rider at that track ! 

I'm not overlooking National League by the way ! -this needs to stay as it is ! Keep doing what it does well arguably at the moment it is the One League that has pretty much got its house in order. If there is scope for the likes of Birmingham or Eastbourne to step up a level then that should be welcomed too.

The Premiership and Championship "Major Leagues Series" culminate in Play-offs and Finals. 

So I started this in defence of Danny Phillips and I stand by that but it's been tough on and off track through 2018 all round. I want to really see something good come from the AGM and I would back my plan against most of the ideas floating around. So let's grasp a moment not to completely tear everything up but to try to make the sport more "joined up" in its thinking and more supporter orientated. The Rules need simplifying when Referees are needing to re-read the Rule Book cover to cover!  Before every meeting !. Make things straightforward and stick with decisions that are made. Speedway in its purist form is really really simple. Four riders on bikes riding like "they've nicked em" turning left !!

Scorpions 2019 ? ...not sure at all ? My Conference N&S might preclude Steve Worrall as he may revert to Belle Vue (who would be in Conference North). But Josh Auty Jake Allen; Stefan Nielsen & Gino Manzeres would be figuring for me. Fingers crossed for Speedway.

Have to agree on averages it is an antiquated practice.

However there would need to be some system in place in order to have competitive team speedway what that is who knows.

Making the product weaker as muted will in my opinion drive more people away, it was tried before and didn't work then , I know its said every year about this being the most important AGM but this year could be a defining moment on the future of British Speedway they need to be radical and brave in there desicions. 

And the outside body running the sport and making unbiased desicions would be a start and would go some way to restoring some credibility.

Danny Phillips (or any other young rider) signed at reserve don’t deserve all this crap he’s getting.The lad rocks up with good equipment and keen to learn.running last places isn’t his plan I’m sure.trouble is when the so called “good lads” don’t score, the 2 point riders get the blame .the way this sport is going they won’t be one soon .give the lads a break or maybe even ask if you can borrow there kit and show em what there doing wrong......

• Like 6