British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

Anders Rowe having a skid at the amateur at scunny today, went through the card (and track was bad) while clocking the fastest time of 60.0 secs, by far the most impressive rider on the day, Rob get him signed up!

25 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Anders Rowe having a skid at the amateur at scunny today, went through the card (and track was bad) while clocking the fastest time of 60.0 secs, by far the most impressive rider on the day, Rob get him signed up!

Er excuse me palmdawg remember who employs you when saying who was the most impressive rider on the day :rofl:

Anyone seen any white smoke puffing from a chimney in Chepstow yet ?

On 11/5/2018 at 8:56 PM, ScunnyDan said:

It has been often said on the terraces where I stand we need a new manager, even most of us on the scaffold stand could do a better jj7ķ

The only white smoke will be comeing out of R.G if he dont get his own way! He wont run but it wiĺl be for the good of speedway........ Lol

• Like 1

With a 38pt limit (bonkers?!) Gino's an absolute "shoe in" surely !? Cannot see much better for that sort of average ?. It looks a varied fixture list but not much change at all really. Remains to be seen if this tinkering round he edges will be any short to medium term shot in the arm for British Speedway ?. Looks like Jakes out the equation now Zummerset are back at this level. I'd start with three names on my team sheet Josh; Stefan and Gino and build from their. If we need a NL rider at 7 let's give Anders Rowe a go !? (pardon the pun !) Then we need three ...A new Aussie rider ?; Stevie Worrall is a possibility ?; Ryan back ?Lets see what Santa brings ?

Edited by the outsider

I agree Jakes gone.

Garrity seems to pick up too many injuries and I don't think he is a club asset (palm toft switch fell through?) so probably won't see him back. 

Gino was a disappointment this year but if he has got a decent bike and mechanic hes probably on a good average.

Auty is probably going to be back but I can't see him putting anything on his 8+ average.

Douglas would seem an obvious choice if he comes back on his old 6.12 average.

I would like to see Worral back, I reckon he could up his average with an injury free run. 

Stefan a possibility but he seems very injury prone. 

Just a quick try, 

1 Josh Auty  2 Tom Bacon  3 DImI Berge  4 Josh Pickering  5 Jase Garrity  6 Gino  7 Anders Rowe ,,, 37.76 i think  

46 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

Just a quick try, 

1 Josh Auty  2 Tom Bacon  3 DImI Berge  4 Josh Pickering  5 Jase Garrity  6 Gino  7 Anders Rowe ,,, 37.76 i think  

If we managed to bring in Pickers it would be a major suprise. Arguably one of the Championships most progressive riders in 2018; cannot see Edinburgh letting him slip they're grasp ?

How about this, comes to 38.00 exact average, IF ryan is on a 5.2 ave

Jason Garrity, Jake Allen, Josh Pickering, Dimitri Berge, Ryan Douglas, Ellis Perks, Anders Rowe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

How about this, comes to 38.00 exact average, IF ryan is on a 5.2 ave

Jason Garrity, Jake Allen, Josh Pickering, Dimitri Berge, Ryan Douglas, Ellis Perks, Anders Rowe 

I know building to 38 is crap, but Dan No Josh. That would see the back of me!.  NO WAY!  He's our best rider! 

Agreed Josh is a guaranteed starter. I may not have said that twelve months ago but he's really shown his metal this season. Also isn't 2019 his testimonial year ?. We'll loose Jake as I have said and the deal we did on Garrity was cancelled so he reverts to being a Peterborough rider. I think he won't be back. If we could get Josh; Steve Worrall; and Stefan Nielsen back that would be a good start point. With Ipswich going Premier; Witches starlet Drew Kemp will be on a few wish lists so why not ours ?. Then how about going for a new Aussie rider ? Javon Lydsey is getting a lot of attention and rode in Poland last summer. Reading in the Star that experienced Aussie Justin Sedgeman is heading back to the UK in 2019 he could be one to consider with both Prem/Champ credentials.?