British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

6 hours ago, the outsider said:

Agreed Josh is a guaranteed starter. I may not have said that twelve months ago but he's really shown his metal this season. Also isn't 2019 his testimonial year ?. We'll loose Jake as I have said and the deal we did on Garrity was cancelled so he reverts to being a Peterborough rider. I think he won't be back. If we could get Josh; Steve Worrall; and Stefan Nielsen back that would be a good start point. With Ipswich going Premier; Witches starlet Drew Kemp will be on a few wish lists so why not ours ?. Then how about going for a new Aussie rider ? Javon Lydsey is getting a lot of attention and rode in Poland last summer. Reading in the Star that experienced Aussie Justin Sedgeman is heading back to the UK in 2019 he could be one to consider with both Prem/Champ credentials.? 

why would we loose Jake Allen?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, montie said:

I think the impression is with him being a Somerset asset that they will be using him, however Rob isn't daft and if Jake was/is wanted I wouldn't be surprised if Rob had done a deal at the end of the season and even before the AGM.

Scunny had the nucleus of a very good team last season that unfortunately succumbed to a bit of an injury jinx (which sadly can happen in a season)  and they had to limp through the year so Rob will (IMHO) want to retain as much of that side as possible as it did have a great deal of potential.

It will be interesting to see what way Leicester and Somerset jump team building wise and who they pull in and if they use any of their own assets, I am also unsure if they can insist that an asset rides for their parent club, (I'm sure someone on here will be able to answer that question though)

So just for a laugh; how about the following which retains much of last years side

Scunthorpe         AVE          2.50%

1      Josh Auty             8.36          8.16
5      Steve Worrall       8.17          7.97
3      Jake Allen            7.37          7.37
4      Stefan Nielsen     5.66          5.52
2      Gino Manzares    4.00          4.00
7      Alfie Bowtell         2.38          2.32
6      Anders Rowe        2.00          2.00

TOTAL                    37.94        37.34

The 2.5% column is in because I am not sure if the reduction is for all riders who have come through the NL, it used to be a 3 year reduction on leaving the NL; however the way I have read the BSPA press release I am not sure if those 3 years are still applicable? Either way it doesn't matter as the team above fits without any reductions being applied the only difference it would make is if another Brit was brought in for any position it gives another 0.68, although again I am sure someone can advise if the 2.5% is a reduction applied to all British riders

Regards
THJ

2      Steve Worrall       8.17          7.97
5      Pontus Gaard    4.00          4.00
6      Alfie Bowtell         2.38          2.32
7      Mark Baseby        2.00          2.00

13 hours ago, montie said:

Somerset dropping down to the Championship and he is their rider and he cannot "double up" with two teams in the same League.  Just cannot see Rebels giving way to us on a rider who has all it takes to be the top rider in the Championship ?

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

2      Steve Worrall       8.17          7.97
5      Pontus Gaard    4.00          4.00
6      Alfie Bowtell         2.38          2.32
7      Mark Baseby        2.00          2.00

2 out of 7 not bad guess for a half wit

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jake will be in the thoughts of the workington management , he loved being part of a treble winning championship team ...  nailed on to replace Nocolai Klindt in 2019 .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, jenga said:

good to see you took it okay .

Good to see your still full of shyte too

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, montie said:

Good to see your still full of shyte too

cant change now !

20 hours ago, eric i said:

Are these the final averages as I see they were published on the 27th september?

Possibly for Scorpion riders as all meetings after the 23rd Sept were KO meetings which, I think, are still not included in averages.

Due to Peterborough & Ipswich moving up & no assessed riders or minimum of 3 pointers in the Premiership could we look like

1. Auty           8.15

2. Worrall       7.97

3. Garrity        7.40

4. Nielsen       5.52

5. Bacon         4.67

6. Kemp          1.95

7. Rowe           1.95

or

1. Auty           8.15

2. Worrall       7.97

3. Allen           7.37

4. Jensen       6.59

5. Manzares  4.00

6. Kemp         1.95

7. Rowe          1.95

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Possibly for Scorpion riders as all meetings after the 23rd Sept were KO meetings which, I think, are still not included in averages.

Due to Peterborough & Ipswich moving up & no assessed riders or minimum of 3 pointers in the Premiership could we look like

1. Auty           8.15

2. Worrall       7.97

3. Garrity        7.40

4. Nielsen       5.52

5. Bacon         4.67

6. Kemp          1.95

7. Rowe           1.95

or

1. Auty           8.15

2. Worrall       7.97

3. Allen           7.37

4. Jensen       6.59

5. Manzares  4.00

6. Kemp         1.95

7. Rowe          1.95

Is there such a thing as a 1.95 average? 

AGM Statement said all riders ridden in the NDL(or NL, CL) will get a 2.5% reduction. It mentions a minimum of 3 for Premiership but nothing in Championship unless old rules apply. It might be for team building purposes only & then when new averages come out in 2019, the minimum of 2 will apply.

GREY AREAS AGAIN!

• Like 1

The 2.5% reduction will only apply to achieved averages

2 pointers are assessed so wont receive it