British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

20 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Jake Allen and Jedd List :t:

very surprised to see Allen back with the scorpions! 

Yes very surprised but pleased to see Jake Allen return as I thought he would be at Somerset next season ,welcome on board to Jedd List don't know a lot about him ,would love any two from these three at reserve. Alfie Bowtell, Anders Rowe or Drew kemp all on low averages . Let the winter of team building and crunching the numbers. On the calculators begin

• Like 2

"Over the moon" to see Jake Allen back in 2019; once Somerset confirmed their switch to the Championship felt sure he would revert to the Rebs ?. Welcome Jedd List at 17 not one I have heard of. But right now there is a great crop of Aussie talent and I'll go with the recommendation of Jake and Ryan. Great start to our team but we will need to have a proper 2pt scorer alongside Jedd at Reserve. Drew Kemp would be my choice for that job. 38pts doesn't go far but how about this ?

Josh Auty 8.36

Jake Allen 7.37

Ryan Douglas 6.12

Stefan Nielsen 5.66

Gino Manzeres 4.00

Jedd List 4.00

Drew Kemp 2.00

Total 37.51

As I say building to 38pts you'll be hard pressed to get better out of. Given that we must have 6pts in the Reserve positions. We only have 16pts across 3 riders as Josh & Jake take up almost 16pts themselves. In Ryan; Stefan & Gino we would have three riders who can up their averages with a clear run at it. Kemp would soon be in he main body of the team leaving one of the three as reserve. As I say given what we have to play with pts wise hard pressed to come up with better. Interesting that both "Jake & Ryan recommended" Jedd be good if both could be on hand to offer their experience in his debut season for the Scorpions. No one knows better about making it at Scunny than Ryan. Would be great to see him back "he's one of our own" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Drew Kemp @ Scunthorpe ? More chance of signing Drew Barrymore :-)

everyone guessing their team in the CH will be hoping for Drew Kemp

• Like 1

looks like we are going top heavy with our team Worrall and Garrity next signings I reckon with Rowe and Corban Pavitt at reserve 

3 hours ago, stevehone said:

everyone guessing their team in the CH will be hoping for Drew Kemp

with young Kemp being the most valuable rider in the CL on a 2 average[and rightly so] i would say its glaringly obvious where he will end up

Edited by montie

5 minutes ago, montie said:

with young Kemp being the most valuable rider in the CL on a 2 average[and rightly so] i would say its glaringing obvious where he will end up

Where ? Not glaring obvious to me 

There are other vidoes on YouTube, but here's one of them:

Crikey - scrawny looking kid! 

Needs to talk to Mr. Heeps! 

• Like 1

No surprise to see Allen at Scunthorpe. Best of luck to him for 2019. Certainly one of the most entertaining riders about!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Najjer said:

No surprise to see Allen at Scunthorpe. Best of luck to him for 2019. Certainly one of the most entertaining riders about!

Why are you not surprised to see Jake leave?

9 hours ago, the outsider said:

Jake Allen 7.37

If they use his Somerset 2018 average x 1.5 he might come in on 6.88.