British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

Scunny will be good at home but are going to struggle away. It's going to be an entertaining team but it looks a very injury prone team again.

Edited by eric i
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

"God knows" ? I can't think of anyone ? Does Wilko qualify for a reduction ?

I've found one ! Alfie Bowtell probably the pick of the 2pt plus riders. 2.38 with Lakeside last season and actually had a 9.24 NL average with Isle of Wight which matched wonder kid Drew Kemp at Mildenhall. Would back him at Reserve as one that might step up in a "watered down" 2019 Championship. We would have two of the best 2018 NL scorers in Bowtell/Bailey (sounds like a Cop TV Series that ?) and plausibly one or both vying for a top 5 place while Jedd List finds his feet ?

When people are saying bottom 4 in some comments ,it's a tough season and when all teams are setting up to 38 pts team average  when if you take heat 15 results off  you need 42 pts  to achieve a draw then all teams will be weakened . How teams decide to go will be interesting next year  but to retain 4 out of 5 of our top scorers from this season will help ,as I see improvement from Jake and Stefan next season .Hope Gino and Stevie get set up elsewhere  for next year .

In my eyes your team can have what ever averages for next season they want ,it will be teams with fewest injuries over the season that will be battling it out for the honours .Because this season we were ravaged by injuries all season

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Why Garrity was better value around the ewr all season and now slick track Steve has gone maybe we might have some dirt back on the track

Agreed

With the last rider to announced I’m quite optimistic that we are for another entertaining season. Top bottom or middle as long as we get value for money on the track it don’t really matter if we win or loose. 

Edited by phillwhitewasmad
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

When is the last rider to be named please

Thursday Morning

Good looking team within a tighter points limit imo, Stefan will easily add points to his average picking off weaker reserves and second strings, Josh Bailey is a more accomplished rider than his last stint in the championship and he’ll likely be racing mostly NL opponents at reserve that he knows he can beat already. With 3 good heat leaders,  If Jedd List turns out to the the real deal could be the team to beat!

10 hours ago, the outsider said:

That's exactly why I'm worried...I'm thinking Sheffield Tigers for starters?

How can one be worried when other teams haven't played there cards yet? 

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

With the last rider to announced I’m quite optimistic that we are for another entertaining season. Top bottom or middle as log as we get value for money on the track it don’t really matter if we win or loose. 

And I think when you look at the riders that provided the bulk of the entertainment last year... Auty.. Allen and Garrity.. Then they are all there

Also Important to put riders in who genuinely want to ride for the club.. Not club hoping mercenaries chasing dollar

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Ben Hopwood looking likely to be the final piece of the Scunthorpe jigsaw i hear.

Heard he was nailed on for Sheffield. Could actually be a useful asset to somebody despite your snidey comments.

1 hour ago, OdsalBoy said:

Ben Hopwood looking likely to be the final piece of the Scunthorpe jigsaw i hear.

Yep but your full of S@@T and your the most irrelevant poster on the forum so I would not put my mortgage on your guess .

Ps your miles out :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Yet another deluded comment from a deluded Sheffield fan , concentrate on your own team for 2019

wouldn't it be a nicer place if he did