British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

Having Stevie back would have meant having the 7th rider on 2.48 or less so having Jason instead means he is between 2.48 & 3.05.

Riders in that area are Thomas 2.99 & from 2017 Davey, Hall & Carr. All at 3.00 in 2017. Having Bowtell or Wood would have allowed us to choose Stevie as both riders are under 2.48.  

It was mentioned a while ago that in 2019 it would be a mix of CL & NL riders & having a limit of 38, the chances of having a 2019 side with 6 or 7 CL riders will be very few if any. NL heat leaders could be a blessing for some teams having 2 at reserve.

Kemp on a 2.00 at reserve for Sheffield could be a trump card as will he move into the main body after 4H 4A or a rolling average of 20 meetings including 2018.

Didn't someone say that Rob said it was a new rider to the championship? So that would mean it's someone on a 2pt average? If so unless they are going to top quality there's a little bit of waste on the average limit. If it is someone new to the championship I wouldn't be surprised at it been someone who is familiar with the other reserve.

• Like 1

Well I for one is happy with our retained top end. I think most teams will have a weak tail end given the 38 point limit. It just means our young Aussie will have a steep learning curve and needs to get into the points quickly- a big ask but he comes well recommended by current and ex Scorpions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Didn't someone say that Rob said it was a new rider to the championship? So that would mean it's someone on a 2pt average? If so unless they are going to top quality there's a little bit of waste on the average limit. If it is someone new to the championship I wouldn't be surprised at it been someone who is familiar with the other reserve.

So reading that will it be Ryan Kingsley or Jordan Jenkins ?

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

But if he is new & a 2 pointer, we could have fitted Steve in. Rob, has in the past, been good at giving out "red herrings".

23 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

But if he is new & a 2 pointer, we could have fitted Steve in. Rob, has in the past, been good at giving out "red herrings".

You're assuming Steve wanted to come back... maybe he didnt.. or perhaps he did but got a better offer elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Jordan is 17

Date of Birth  2/8/ 2001.

When is the announcement of the last rider expected ?  I would still love Alfie Bowtell last year Rob said he on the radar and to be fair the back end of the season he was putting in big scores for his average

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

aye , sold workington a few red herrings in 2019 .

and we gobbled them all up  lol.

Edited by jenga

16 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

When is the announcement of the last rider expected ?  I would still love Alfie Bowtell last year Rob said he on the radar and to be fair the back end of the season he was putting in big scores for his average

It will be in both the Speedway Star and Scunthorpe Telegraph first thing in the morning.

And then the Scunny website will be updated as well.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

in the morning i believe... aaah beat me to it

Edited by Paul Johnson

13 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

It will be in both the Speedway Star and Scunthorpe Telegraph first thing in the morning.

And then the Scunny website will be updated as well.

why is this rider announced like this and not like the others?