British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

1 hour ago, Paul Johnson said:

isnt Jordan too young, still at school?

With Jordan being a good mate of mine, we chat about his racing, as much as he would love a full season of championship racing, he's not ready to commit to a full season this coming year with O-level (or some form of big test) exams mid June.

41 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

why is this rider announced like this and not like the others?

Probably because telegraph and speedway star both come out on a Thursday and it gives more column inches all publicly is good publicity 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Probably because telegraph and speedway star both come out on a Thursday and it gives more column inches all publicly is good publicity 

Spot on.

So the final rider is Ryan Kingsley, happy to have him in the side but now I’m really confused as to why we couldn’t fit Steve Worrall in as we are a whole point under the limit 

looks a a good team though bring on 2019!!

34 minutes ago, beaky11 said:

So the final rider is Ryan Kingsley, happy to have him in the side but now I’m really confused as to why we couldn’t fit Steve Worrall in as we are a whole point under the limit 

Maybe because steve Didn't want to ride for us

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, beaky11 said:

Well because Scunthorpe wanted the other 3 more?! Pretty obvious to me? If it was a 42.5 limit you would of had all of them in the team but couldn’t fit them all in with the 38 limit. 

11 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

0.92 remaining and Scunthorpe let Steve Worrall go. Costly mistake.

and what makes you think that we let him go?

has it ever occured that the lad didnt want to return to Scunthorpe?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

0.92 remaining and Scunthorpe let Steve Worrall go. Costly mistake.

if a team builds within its Budget to remain in profit and viable then id hardly say it is  costly mistake

more like sensible

Plus,despite Steve being a fine rider i was never convinced how comfortable he was on the track at Scunny,maybe his awfull early season crash had alot to do with that

Good luck to him where ever he ends up,the North West id guess

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

I just read the article. Godfrey said he couldn't fit Steve Worrall in so he asked Jason Garrity to return. 0.92 left over so he could fit Steve Worrall in. Something doesn't add up somewhere. 

Cant beat a good conspiracy theory, you should try the Glasgow Thread thats a soap opera.:D

• Haha 1

Well I'm sure we'll manage fine without Stevie. It was the 3 Js that kept our team alive, They all rode their guts out for us for 3 and a half months whilst S tevie was out injured. I wouldn't have wanted any of those lads to be moving elsewhere. We have held on  to those so lets see how we go. Changes can be made!

• Like 1

Coming back after a bad injury it was clear to see Steve was not 100% committed going into the first bend . The number of times he backed out was not the No1 we expected to dominate, you could never say that about Jason. We can now get back to a race track to suit our riders ,with more shale and an outside line early doors.

• Like 1