British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

Yep Friday nights is still race night for the Scorpions...

Not a team thats going to go places im afraid, strong top 3, but we're really relying om Stef, Josh B, Jedd and Ryan to hit the ground running. Can see us getting some heavy away defeats but should entertain and win at home.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Yep Friday nights is still race night for the Scorpions...

Not a team thats going to go places im afraid, strong top 3, but we're really relying om Stef, Josh B, Jedd and Ryan to hit the ground running. Can see us getting some heavy away defeats but should entertain and win at home.

Let’s see what the other teams do remember it’s a drastically low points limit personally I think we will be ok and everyone takes a spanking at some point 

• Like 2

Too many negative comments about the side ,as I see it most sides will have about 5 points for there reserves , 3 heat leaders so to me the riders at no 2  and no 4 are crucial to how we do . Stef  looks a steal on that average so young Mr list is the key to me ,let's hope he hits the ground running

14 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Too many negative comments about the side ,as I see it most sides will have about 5 points for there reserves , 3 heat leaders so to me the riders at no 2  and no 4 are crucial to how we do . Stef  looks a steal on that average so young Mr list is the key to me ,let's hope he hits the ground running

Honestly

I think Rob has pulled off a masterclass and done a good job... the majority of these guys know each other... Rob is getting the track right as to how the riders like it... EWR will be a fortress and with a few away points in the bag I believe Scunny will be knocking on the play off door next year... 

Lets see what happens

Regards
THJ

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, montie said:

and what makes you think that we let him go?

has it ever occured that the lad didnt want to return to Scunthorpe?

But Rob said, in the press, that we could not fit him in but the figures do not lie & we could have fitted him in unless other riders were involved who he has not mentioned or as another poster has said, he did not do the maths correctly with the British reductions for riders.'

If Steve wants to ride elsewhere then his travel costs will increase. I would have thought, now, he would go back to his safe haven of Newcastle to score the big points at home meetings for his higher earning potential. It has been mentioned about a move to the North West which would surprise me if it was Workington but Glasgow could come into that area, just.

Think Maybe worky got a wee under the table deal done with him a while back ;-)’-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Think Maybe worky got a wee under the table deal done with him a while back ;-)’-)

was that before or after god Godfrey messed up on his maths > how on earth does he count the takings . 

Must be paying him decent money to travel 4 hours rather than 3/4 hour & reading the SS about teams paying above the agreed rates at the AGM by Laura.

1 minute ago, jenga said:

was that before or after god Godfrey messed up on his maths > how on earth does he count the takings . 

The wrong G. It is Gail that does the takings. Rob, or God to others, does the track & presenting & other tasks that crop up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

The wrong G. It is Gail that does the takings. Rob, or God to others, does the track & presenting & other tasks that crop up.

jseezzw . a woman with power and money . thats a recipe for disaster . lol ,tic , larf .

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

But Rob said, in the press, that we could not fit him in but the figures do not lie & we could have fitted him in unless other riders were involved who he has not mentioned or as another poster has said, he did not do the maths correctly with the British reductions for riders.'

Just remember team building is like a jigsaw. At one point, Scunny may have only been able to fit in a certain rider.  Then another rider may change. 

Rob G knew all along which riders were entitled to the 2.5% discount.

Personally, I'm quite happy that we ended up with Jason Garrity.  Steve Worrall's rolling average may be higher, but going on just last year's performances alone, then Garrity was the more accomplished performer.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am not going by last seasons performances but from what Steve & Jason have done over the last few years. Steve has been a more consistent rider over the last few years, justified inclusion in GB squad & has only had the one bad injury. Jason is the more entertaining rider but sometimes tries too hard, falling off, minor injuries but is good in the clubhouse, later.

Going by the clubhouse, who put forward the idea for the after meeting talks with riders bring in much needed revenue to the Scorpions? Steve! He is good for the sport, good for the Scorpions & unfinished business, as some have posted. 

• Like 1

Granted Steve put forward the after meeting talks, which he pinched from Bellvue and it has gone down well with the fans. Jason very rarely misses the interaction between fans and riders. Steve says he's attending then often no show- usually after a heat 15 failure. Like I have said before Steve is the PR man , Jason is down with the fans and is the Motivator and Entertainer. If  we polled the Scorpion fans I am certain Mr Garrity would be the fans choice of signing.