British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

Guest WTF1

The more I keep seeing what other teams are signing especially Sheffield the more I think that Scunny have a poor lineup

Compared to the likes of Somerset and Workington (so far) we don't look the strongest of lineups, but I reckon this team could surprise a few people

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

They do. Wooden spoon material. 17 yr old Jedd List thrown in at the deep end. 

Not a chance

On 11/23/2018 at 4:54 PM, lucifer sam said:

Just remember team building is like a jigsaw. At one point, Scunny may have only been able to fit in a certain rider.  Then another rider may change. 

Rob G knew all along which riders were entitled to the 2.5% discount.

Personally, I'm quite happy that we ended up with Jason Garrity.  Steve Worrall's rolling average may be higher, but going on just last year's performances alone, then Garrity was the more accomplished performer.

Would you pick Auty over Worrall / Garrity if everyone was 100 per cent fit.

2 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Not a chance

Auty will let them gate but at his best beats both and Auty at his best will beat both at Belle Vue as well.

Worrall when 100 percent fit is a much better rider than Auty.

• Like 1

Everyone fit Worall is a mile ahead of Auty and Garrity. An absoloute mile 

Scunthorpe's top 4 for 2019 averaged 25 between them away from Home in 2018, can't see the other 3 adding much to that away form especially with 3 riders who didn't ride in the league last year.

They will no doubt be good to watch on their own patch again, but ultimately will fall well short on the road in my opinion.

• Like 1

Even if he's fully fit he still needs to sort his head out and commit to first bend attack ,which was sadly lacking after his return.

You never know what's going to happen with Speedway, it's fun to speculate though.

The top four are tried and tested, all great around  the ewr, most other teams will have a long tail too, Jedd might be amazing we will have to wait and see.

Looking forward to it.

9 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Everyone fit Worall is a mile ahead of Auty and Garrity. An absoloute mile 

Not around those two tracks named? the rest of course he is i like Worrall as a rider hope he bounces back this year.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not around those two tracks named? the rest of course he is i like Worrall as a rider hope he bounces back this year.

What’s Belle Vue got to do with it? This is in the Championship, Auty might be better around EWR but Worrall is a better overall rider. He will add to his average whilst Auty won’t in my opinion.

• Like 1