British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

14 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Anyone got a preference on the track for the coming season slick like last season or back to the deep dirt heavy gripy  track of years gone by or as Steve worrall described it Robs wall of death 

Edingburgh got their track grippy mid season & riders couldn't handle it even though it is a different shape to ours. The EWR, since it was re-laid a few years back has made our track too easy to ride & when newbies & below standard riders can turn up & ride 4 laps without difficulty needs to stop. Giving a racing strip that produces entertainment & tight results is one thing but it is results that get punters through the gates & we need some of the old faces back & new faces to see what our sport, & more so in Scunthorpe, is about.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Anyone know if we're holding a Meet the Riders night this year? Was a good doo last year

There is one organised for Tai on March 3rd. :rolleyes:

Is there any news on Josh's Testimonial? Will it be pre season, mid season or end of season?

So no friendlies(racing track time)again or will any be arranged later before the season starts?

42 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

So no friendlies(racing track time)again or will any be arranged later before the season starts?

thats good news

On 12/24/2018 at 10:46 AM, Albert said:

Personally, i'd much prefer to see him on the track rather than the clubhouse..  Scunthorpe town folk are very proud of Tai's achievements and have taken him as their own.  Many have not seen what Tai actually does for a living.. It would be such a coup for the town if Tai would commit to riding in a meeting...would also give Scunthorpe Speedway  a much needed publicity boost locally. I've always felt a bit let down that Tai has never returned to his hometown track in a riding capacity... the track on which he launched his British career.

would he ride in Josh Autys testimonial be a big draw card and help Josh boost his meeting  

3 hours ago, speedy bill said:

would he ride in Josh Autys testimonial be a big draw card and help Josh boost his meeting  

But....Is Josh having a testimonial?  Nothing been publicised as yet.

Anyone else read this week's Star inside back page ? Zane Keleher "Britain I am here.. ! Read his story no disrespect to young Jed List but I reckon Keleher is the next "real deal" off the prolific Aussie production line. I know Jedd could well be "the next Leigh Adams" for all we know ? But he looks a bit behind Keleher in terms of experience and being ready to throw into the Scorpions 1-5 in the cut and thrust of Championship Speedway. Was Keleher every on the radar ? If not I reckon he should be ? We all know how highly we rate Edinburghs Aussie Josh Pickering and Keleher finished 14th ahead of Pickering in the very competitive Aussie Championship. I'd have Keleher on speed dial !??

Edited by the outsider

I, also, thought there were a couple of Aussie youngsters to try before Jedd especially as he only started 500cc racing last year so a year too soon was my thinking but Ryan & Jake must see something in him to put his name to Scunthorpe.

It was only a couple of years ago we tried another youngster in Tom Armstrong, who again at the time, thought it was a year too soon, but we never got to find out as a bad injury curtailed his season.