British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

12 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I, also, thought there were a couple of Aussie youngsters to try before Jedd especially as he only started 500cc racing last year so a year too soon was my thinking but Ryan & Jake must see something in him to put his name to Scunthorpe.

It was only a couple of years ago we tried another youngster in Tom Armstrong, who again at the time, thought it was a year too soon, but we never got to find out as a bad injury curtailed his season.

Come on chaps give the lad a chance maybe there were others in front of him and are further advanced in their careers but maybe just maybe they didn’t want to come to the uk or scunny 

• Like 1

Being based in Sheffield with Ryan will probably help him get accustomed with what it all entails plus they might mechanic & travel with each other when meetings allow.

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Come on chaps give the lad a chance maybe there were others in front of him and are further advanced in their careers but maybe just maybe they didn’t want to come to the uk or scunny 

Sounds like Keleher is literally inviting calls from British tracks and ruling out nothing ? Perhaps Ryan & Jake see something in Jedd List that marks him out as ready to "hit the ground running". Suppose we'll find out soon enough ? But a 17 old rooky kid just off 250s into a vital second string position in a Championship Speedway team looks a bit of "a Leap of faith" to me ? I know we have no idea how Zane Keleher would turn out if he was in ? But he's 8 years older a proven Motorcycle background and cutting it in the Aussie Championship. While Jedd is "mates" with Ryan and Jake just out of Junior racing and nowhere near the Aussie Championship ? It's not a critique it's just plain fact. 

Cannot help but think our "tail end" is way too long ?. If the starting 1-7 is still intact come 1st June I'll be happy to concede I was totally wrong ?

Edited by the outsider

Agree totally but it’s easy to invite calls when all teams are full and another 7 riders still looking for a team after the demise of Workington.  I will be happy if we have 7 men standing at the end of April early season is usually carnage. Personally think most teams have a fairly long tail this year due to the points limit.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2019 at 3:06 PM, the outsider said:

Sounds like Keleher is literally inviting calls from British tracks and ruling out nothing ? Perhaps Ryan & Jake see something in Jedd List that marks him out as ready to "hit the ground running". Suppose we'll find out soon enough ? But a 17 old rooky kid just off 250s into a vital second string position in a Championship Speedway team looks a bit of "a Leap of faith" to me ? I know we have no idea how Zane Keleher would turn out if he was in ? But he's 8 years older a proven Motorcycle background and cutting it in the Aussie Championship. While Jedd is "mates" with Ryan and Jake just out of Junior racing and nowhere near the Aussie Championship ? It's not a critique it's just plain fact. 

Cannot help but think our "tail end" is way too long ?. If the starting 1-7 is still intact come 1st June I'll be happy to concede I was totally wrong ?

List along with Gilmore are the two after Lidsey that have been noted as the best two young riders coming through in Australia.You also have Kew, Browne, Bowes progessing nicely and i thought Mcguinness might of had a bit of interest shown in him also.Keleher is a different proposition alot older than List but in European terms  no more experienced.I believe List has alot of ability and i would be giving him the whole season and see him as a longterm project.Scunny there top four i believe is very good and also the reserves should be able to mix it with the likes of Ruddick,Chessell,Phillips, Clegg ( ect) injuries allowing??  Scunny will do ok.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

List along with Gilmore are the two after Lidsey that have been noted as the best two young riders coming through in Australia.You also have Kew, Browne, Bowes progessing nicely and i thought Mcguinness might of had a bit of interest shown in him also.Keleher is a different proposition alot older than List but in European terms  no more experienced.I believe List has alot of ability and i would be giving him the whole season and see him as a longterm project.Scunny there top four i believe is very good and also the reserves should be able to mix it with the likes of Ruddick,Chessell,Phillips, Clegg ( ect) injuries allowing??  Scunny will do ok.

Related to Shane?

57 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Related to Shane?

Son ,and also has a younger son also involved  in the sport.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

His son Steve, i remember Shane he was a very good NL rider.

Shane was very much a fans favourite at both Newcastle and Glasgow. Always had a wide grin. :D

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Shane was very much a fans favourite at both Newcastle and Glasgow. Always had a wide grin. :D

He was a joy to watch around Shawfield and was a big part of our phenomenal team's  of the 93 - 94 seasons.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

He was a really good rider Shane,  Kenny Mckinna, Robert Nagy, Les Collins, and Mr Glasgow Steve Lawson.It was  great days for the NL and Glasgow not that i saw nearly as much as i would of liked. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Anyone know if we're holding a press and practice day this season?

i think they are goint to use last seasons press and practice pics in order to cut down expenditure to the club .

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1