British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

i dont mind sending them to the wrong place . classed as Holmrook tho ?

Edited by jenga

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

i dont mind sending them to the wrong place .

Ha ha.......I know where they belong...but!!!??

17 hours ago, jenga said:

just give us all a name then . or even the other  team .

NO  . i have not .

Then why not? Im sure you'll find that if you speak to him, you'll have a changed opinion of the man. He actually wants speedway to have a future (hence all the practice sessions and amateur meetings).. He'll give you an honest answer, hence why imho, is the best promoter in British Speedway :t:

• Like 1

NEW DATE FOR YOUR DIARY:

Friday March 22:

PRESS & PRACTICE at 5pm

Followed by:

MEET THE RIDERS at 7pm in the clubhouse.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 6:48 PM, singy13 said:

Hey fellow marra.......pub holding that comp is at Santon Bridge...not Wasdale..don't want them in wrong place.

Is it? or are you telling a lie.

• Haha 1

Just  seen this.      Scorpions have held adult entry fees at £16, with their opening meeting coming on April 5 when they host Championship newcomers Leicester.

Godfrey said: “We offer one of the most attractive set of admission prices across the entire Championship, and that will again be the case in 2019.

“We realise the need to provide a good value-for-money package. That doesn’t just cover the admission, but also the complete works – such as the programme and the food.

“It doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to watch speedway in Scunthorpe and that’s important if you want people to come back every week.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems a good deal (food as well ?) Might pop up for the Brummies match.

ps.   one bad EGG at bcfc .

its a double edged blade , its going to cost £5 to park your car and £3 to get out !

plus a tenner to watch press n practice . well 5 of the riders any way .

Edited by jenga
  • Confused 1

I've heard the Scorpions will be in team race suits in 2019. Is that correct ?

will it make them go any better ?

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

I've heard the Scorpions will be in team race suits in 2019. Is that correct ?

I'd highly doubt it.. whats the point in paying £500+ per suit, when you can get a set of race jackets made for £350

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jenga said:

will it make them go any better ?

Not really the point is it.....for a sport struggling to attract sponsors and punters and drag itself into the twenty first century team suits are a no brainier and should be compulsory in our top two leagues. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not really the point is it.....for a sport struggling to attract sponsors and punters and drag itself into the twenty first century team suits are a no brainier and should be compulsory in our top two leagues. 

yep , lets just add to the expense of the sport .but i suppose they can get it back by increasing the entry fee to all tracks . that should do it ..  . may as well charge the fans to get out the tracks as well . but if thats what it take , do it . 

Edited by jenga

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

yep , lets just add to the expense of the sport .but i suppose they can get it back by increasing the entry fee to all tracks . that should do it ..  . may as well charge the fans to get out the tracks as well . but if thats what it take , do it . 

Didn’t think for a moment I’d get a sensible answer but for what it’s worth that’s a very negative way of looking at it. How about trying to look as professional as possible to gain more sponsorship? Speculating a bit to accumulate? Even some National League teams have them. Why would a team want their collective photo in the paper on online with everyone in different gear? Looks so amateurish. 

Unfortunately too many people in speedway are like you and have a can’t do attitude rather than trying to drive the sport forward. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Didn’t think for a moment I’d get a sensible answer but for what it’s worth that’s a very negative way of looking at it. How about trying to look as professional as possible to gain more sponsorship? Speculating a bit to accumulate? Even some National League teams have them. Why would a team want their collective photo in the paper on online with everyone in different gear? Looks so amateurish. 

Unfortunately too many people in speedway are like you and have a can’t do attitude rather than trying to drive the sport forward. 

a certain team north of the border have done wonders for their team and its place of work .but according to reports , still cant make anything from it .

workington had team suits in the stoney era,  but still could not halt the dwindling fan base . so better to save the money and make it last as long as poss . + riders like their own gear . 

Edited by jenga

24 minutes ago, jenga said:

a certain team north of the border have done wonders for their team and its place of work .but according to reports , still cant make anything from it .

workington had team suits in the stoney era,  but still could not halt the dwindling fan base . so better to save the money and make it last as long as poss . + riders like their own gear . 

Think you are wrong, & typify what is wrong with a lot of speedway fans. We need to make the sport more professional, & racesuits are very important to improve the image of the sport.

• Like 1