British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

8 hours ago, the outsider said:

It's like "Tumble Weed" blowing through here these days ?  if anyone's interested there's a "Presser and Practice" down the EWR from 5pm tonight !

Speedways back ! meet your fav's at 7pm clubhouse

Well that went well ! ?? Got as far as Rothwell on M62 and stuck in traffic jam till after 5pm ..gave up and turned round for home ..! No practice for us straight into week Sunday at Sheffield !

9 hours ago, the outsider said:

Well that went well ! ?? Got as far as Rothwell on M62 and stuck in traffic jam till after 5pm ..gave up and turned round for home ..! No practice for us straight into week Sunday at Sheffield !

Was a good night all riders had some good track time 

Any pictures of the racesuits? 

11 hours ago, jenga said:

nice team suits !

Don’t see how club cannot pull a sponsee for these,Looks a amateur  with different suits and bike covers

Are Scunny the only championship team not to have team kevlars?...  The pics I've seen from Sheffield's and Redcars p&p would  suggest not..?

Edited by Albert
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

54391506_2252245738375687_5779207611521957888_n.jpg

Crikey what a complete mess! How people still prefer individual suits with bibs to team suits is beyond me. 

The fella on the right looks like he’s using a ten year old suit dug out of the lost property bin!

• Like 3

At about £500 a suit that's £3500 at start of season and factor in 2-3 changes in season (injuries and loss of form) it is a lot of money to lay out when you can get a set of race bibs for about £350 quid. I much prefer things as they are at scunny as you can spot the riders easier on track with individual colours. Ipswich have taken it to the next level with team bike covers and it must be very hard to spot who is who for there fans now. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Crikey what a complete mess! How people still prefer individual suits with bibs to team suits is beyond me. 

The fella on the right looks like he’s using a ten year old suit dug out of the lost property bin!

Personally I prefer team race suits.

But I think we have to see what clubs can afford, and for some the race suits could be an unnecessary  expense.

The thing that I find fascinating is Jason Garrity's bike and kevlars the name Sheffield Window Centre features heavily, Sheffield's long term team sponsors.  

18 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

On early season form we should have kept Ryan Douglas and got rid of Josh Auty, only joking I think .

What? Three last places and a win against Ipswich? I know he rode well today, but that form to me, isn't very consistent... At least Josh is consistently average... Both as bad/good as eachother I think

Good to see Jordan Palin with a team place for next season (Already)... Got him in my NL fantasy team, so hope he has a good year

Edited by Dandelion

Guest WTF1
5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

What? Three last places and a win against Ipswich? I know he rode well today, but that form to me, isn't very consistent... At least Josh is consistently average... Both as bad/good as eachother I think

Good to see Jordan Palin with a team place for next season (Already)... Got him in my NL fantasy team, so hope he has a good year

It was a joke,  can't you read

22 hours ago, spin king said:

The thing that I find fascinating is Jason Garrity's bike and kevlars the name Sheffield Window Centre features heavily, Sheffield's long term team sponsors.  

why is that facinating?,it was the same last year,SWC,has been a long term personnal sponsor of Garrity for some years hasnt he?

Edited by montie
  • Like 1