British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

17 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Didnt we have race suits im denhams first season awful orange suits !

13 hours ago, jenga said:

stand to be corrected .jseezw

in what year were  Daniel Nermark , joe haines , kake ,Charles w  and John Branny in the workington team together ?

this was the year when mr Nermark hit Ty Proctors rear wheel  at redcar on the 3rd bend and putting him out of the meeting . 

looks like it was 2008 . thats when the riders wore team suits. there may have been the odd rider who didnt wear the team suits .

but , i stand to be corrected , Honestly .

Prize Plum!!!

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep was 2008, remember coming up to watch Lynn get a draw at Worky. 

Just to put this one to bed Workington Comets have NEVER had team suits; in 2008 KD instructed the riders to get Kevlar's made in predominantly Orange and Black colours however the riders paid for their own suits and there was no collaboration on uniformity or standardisation and all riders rode wearing team bibs.

Regards
THJ

Fair enough, I was just confirming with jenga which year Nermark rode for Worky. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Prize Plum!!!

Just to put this one to bed Workington Comets have NEVER had team suits; in 2008 KD instructed the riders to get Kevlar's made in predominantly Orange and Black colours however the riders paid for their own suits and there was no collaboration on uniformity or standardisation and all riders rode wearing team bibs.

Regards
THJ

I think you're wrong in part on this one in that they did all have the same design of suit.

https://mike-patrick.com/downloads/workington-3515/

Judging from that picture they all follow the same design albeit made by different manufacturers. They even all have the same Thomas Armstrong logo in the same position on the same arm.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

I think you're wrong in part on this one in that they did all have the same design of suit.

https://mike-patrick.com/downloads/workington-3515/

Judging from that picture they all follow the same design albeit made by different manufacturers. They even all have the same Thomas Armstrong logo in the same position on the same arm.

Honestly

No they don't!!!

Been in contact with Tony Jackson the Workington team manager all weekend (re: other matters) and just spoke to him on the phone again this morning to confirm my suspicions and Workington have never (ever) had official team suits (or supplied them to riders) and Jacko was the assistant team manager to Ian Thomas at this time; so sorry I think I am correct!!!!

Plus looking at that photo you can see they aren't a team Kevlar some are wearing orange tee shirts ffs under the team bib. John Branney's tee shirt was even supplied by Wulf Sport... Also as advised earlier Ian Thomas was totally opposed to team suits. A team Kevlar incorporates all the detail (team name, and logo built into the front of the suit and a Velcro or stud area to the rear to apply the racing number/team position), negating the need for a bib, either new spectacles required to read the previous posts or to see a clearer view of the picture supplied or could just be another Prize Plum....

Either way pull the covers up as this is now surely put to bed?

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You have said exactly the same as me but in reverse... I thought it was 2007 but never mind and if someone opts not to wear a team suit it can't be a team suit can it... jeeezs...

Howay man giz a break... read what av rit... 4 or 5 of the guys had sponsorship which included Kevlars 2 or 3 didn't... a team suit in this reference is 7 riders all wearing the same team colours... doh!

Regards 

THJ 

Team suits nope at Comets......do recall Chris Blythe always wore a Rugby shirt, usually flowing in the slipstream....easily recognisable.

Edited by singy13
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, geoff100 said:

A draw ?? Walking past old trafford one night someone asked the score i said 0-0 the guy said who  missed our penalty !

So a fan at vicinty of stadium  but not at match.......???......you met a scouser then.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

No they don't!!!

Been in contact with Tony Jackson the Workington team manager all weekend (re: other matters) and just spoke to him on the phone again this morning to confirm my suspicions and Workington have never (ever) had official team suits (or supplied them to riders) and Jacko was the assistant team manager to Ian Thomas at this time; so sorry I think I am correct!!!!

Plus looking at that photo you can see they aren't a team Kevlar some are wearing orange tee shirts ffs under the team bib. John Branney's tee shirt was even supplied by Wulf Sport... Also as advised earlier Ian Thomas was totally opposed to team suits. A team Kevlar incorporates all the detail (team name, and logo built into the front of the suit and a Velcro or stud area to the rear to apply the racing number/team position), negating the need for a bib, either new spectacles required to read the previous posts or to see a clearer view of the picture supplied or could just be another Prize Plum....

Either way pull the covers up as this is now surely put to bed?

Regards
THJ

Clearly a race bib on various race suits. You can see the fasteners on the bibs at the sides. :t:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Clearly a race bib on various race suits. You can see the fasteners on the bibs at the sides. :t:

That was never debated. It’s obviously a race jacket, just as obvious as they are suits all made using the same design - Even John Branney’s wulfsport attire.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pinny said:

Nermark wore orange (and bright green) before he rode for Workington . 

that wasnt the debate .

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

That was never debated. It’s obviously a race jacket, just as obvious as they are suits all made using the same design - Even John Branney’s wulfsport attire.

Not true. Look at the legs. John has a Wulfsport top under the race bib. He aways used Wulfsport as they are made in Worky.

8 hours ago, singy13 said:

Team suits nope at Comets......do recall Chris Blythe always wore a Rugby shirt, usually flowing in the slipstream....easily recognisable.

so the Ipswich team suit they had when the infamous two shades of green were around was in fact not a team suit . 

try telling  that to ippo fans . plus if they were all the same , how would Daniel Nermark get into a suit that Joe Haines  wore .  exactly same , but only different !

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not true. Look at the legs. John has a Wulfsport top under the race bib. He aways used Wulfsport as they are made in Worky.

Mention Wulfsport and Lubos Tomicek immediately springs to mind.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Mention Wulfsport and Lubos Tomicek immediately springs to mind.

Usually blue and white.

• Like 1

Just now, Tsunami said:

Usually blue and white.

ahh , workington reds colours .