British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not true. Look at the legs. John has a Wulfsport top under the race bib. He aways used Wulfsport as they are made in Worky.

made at lillyhall actually .

They were team kevlars I can confirm that. All the same design with Thomas Armstrong’s in the same place. The only difference is the makers of the suits. Kauko’s was made by Rusty Harrison’s mother. Hence the 50 shades of orange  

It faded out mid season due to the change in personnel. 

Edited by Jeanzi
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Najjer said:

I think you're wrong in part on this one in that they did all have the same design of suit.

https://mike-patrick.com/downloads/workington-3515/

Judging from that picture they all follow the same design albeit made by different manufacturers. They even all have the same Thomas Armstrong logo in the same position on the same arm.

and would that be the great late Ian Thomas standing next to his team in their team suits that he was totally against ?

oranges are not the only fruit .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeanzi said:

They were team kevlars I can confirm that. All the same design with Thomas Armstrong’s in the same place. The only difference is the makers of the suits. Kauko’s was made by Rusty Harrison’s mother. Hence the 50 shades of orange  

Honestly 

They definitely weren't team Kevlars but believe what you think...

Regards 

THJ 

10 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Not true. Look at the legs. John has a Wulfsport top under the race bib. He aways used Wulfsport as they are made in Worky.

I know - but the wulfsport attire is made to the same design as the others.

Every rider’s suit was made by a different manufacturer but to the same design. Black right arm and half a black leg arm. Even John Branney’s wulfsport top and they all include the Thomas Armstrong logo on the right arm. Everybody has the same design on the bottom half too.

Edited by Najjer

10 hours ago, Jeanzi said:

Exactly what I said earlier on - Glad I’m not the only one.

17 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Exactly what I said earlier on - Glad I’m not the only one.

Honestly 

Ya like a dog wid a bone, they are nowt like each other and I can assure you Worky have never (in all their history) ever had or provided riders with a team suit. 

If it was a team suit they wouldn't need bibs for a start and they would match exactly, look at pictures of Newcastle and Glasgow or Ipswick... Team Suits.

Would you like me to PM you the mobile number of Tony Jackson and you can hear it from the horses mouth direct, the assistant team manager of that very same team.

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy

so . what you are saying steve is that because they had body colours , they were not team suits ? i s,pose yer correct because every rider had a number from 1 to 7 on his back  !

thats a wee bit picky innit .... 

how did you manage to get tony jacksons mobile number,then  ?

2 hours ago, jenga said:

so . what you are saying steve is that because they had body colours , they were not team suits ? i s,pose yer correct because every rider had a number from 1 to 7 on his back  !

thats a wee bit picky innit .... 

how did you manage to get tony jacksons mobile number,then  ?

Oh and here's the annoying Chihuahua yapping on!!!!

Sticking an orange tee shirt over the top of some black Kevlar's can in no way be construed as a team suit, no matter what is written on the sleeve of the suit; more like a two piece! 

Furthermore you would be surprised as to whose phone numbers I have and the next time I speak to Rob G I will tell him to get to Primark (other stores are available) buy 7 white tee shirt's and get HEB WEALTH AND EMPLOYEE BENEFITS printed on the front and a big number on the back of them and "hey presto" 7 team suits for under a fiver a suit... Now I know Rob is a pacifist and doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body however I am sure the Boss (their lass) would clip me swiftly round the ear for being so ridiculous (so can I point out that in no way am I suggesting this should be done I am only being facetious for comedic effect and would suggest I am failing quite miserably) 

So when is a team suit not a team suit and this is not an exhaustive list

1. When they don't match
2. When it needs a bib
3. When only 4 or 5 of the 7 man team have matching gear
4. When they need a team tee shirt over the top of unmatched Kevlar's (this is a two piece)
5. When its like saying to a football team we play in Blue and 4 turn up in Sky Blue; 5 in Royal Blue and 1 in a Blue made from spare material his mam had and it was Royal Blue (but it was really Navy Blue) when she made it but once it was washed it turned into a Paler Blue than Pale and finally the goalie was told Yellow but arrives in a Green top and everyone knows Blue and Green should never be seen
6. When its a "Theme Suit" (no I haven't developed a lisp) when the riders themselves follow a theme aka orange and black

What do you think people would say if Scunny turned up with a two piece ensemble; they would get slated for trying to do something on the cheap and a club should not get grief if they chose not to provide team suits, or derided for a themed suit if the riders get together and agree a colour scheme whether someone thinks its professional or not? I think we can all agree Speedway is professional in name only and its woes are aired on here all the time and type of suit is a personal preference for fans.

Team suits wont make this Scunny team go any faster (tee shirts might slow them up; wind drag coefficient and all that) and as I have stated previously looking at the side Scunny have put together I think they will be knocking on the door of the play off places for sure with a top four spot there for the taking and I cant wait for my annual visits which will sadly reduce this year due to the demise of Workington but I will be down for the Newcastle meeting for sure all being equal...

Regards
THJ

Spelling,

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Ya like a dog wid a bone, they are nowt like each other and I can assure you Worky have never (in all their history) ever had or provided riders with a team suit. 

If it was a team suit they wouldn't need bibs for a start and they would match exactly, look at pictures of Newcastle and Glasgow or Ipswick... Team Suits.

Would you like me to PM you the mobile number of Tony Jackson and you can hear it from the horses mouth direct, the assistant team manager of that very same team.

Regards 

THJ 

Many clubs have had race jackets aswell as having matching suits. Wolves did it for a period, Glasgow have in recent times, Poole did back in the early 2000s and Lakeside to name just a few.

Both Branney brothers always wore the awful two part attire but that must of been personal preference to them.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Many clubs have had race jackets aswell as having matching suits. Wolves did it for a period, Glasgow have in recent times, Poole did back in the early 2000s and Lakeside to name just a few.

But Workington never have!!!! ever!!! to name one who haven't!!! ever!!! never!!! ever!!!!

Both Branney boys had a good relationship with Wulf Sports from Workington who may have sponsored them as well but I am unsure on that one; however they certainly wore Wulf Sports tops and gear....

Regards
THJ

Edited for accuracy

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

But Workington never have!!!! ever!!! to name one who haven't!!! ever!!! never!!! ever!!!!

Regards
THJ

Honestly.

Except they have - with the previous image to prove it.

:)

Edited by Najjer
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Honestly.

Except they have - with the previous image to prove it.

:)

They have not and my Dad is bigger than your Dad!!!

The image does prove it!!! The other way!!!!

Read you PM

Regards
THJ

13 hours ago, Albert said:

Can we have our thread back please.. lol

HELLO! CAN ANYONE ELSE READ THIS? THIS IS THE SCUNTHORPE THREAD & NOT THE WORKINGTON OR KEVLAR/RACE SUIT THREAD :angry: :mad: :nono: :nono::nono: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1