British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

16 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Jedd List to be replaced by Andy Mellish on a 3 month contract.

Thats it. Help required. How do i put someone on ignore?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

What is standard about Mr G is that he does show loyalty & has proved it many times in previous seasons.

I guess you are another Mr G hater about anything he does or says.

I don't like the man, not going to hide it. However I'm sure he's done some good things, and some bad things in the past but I don't think that should alter any feeling for this particular situation.

Whichever way you look at it, it's a poor way to handle a new rider to the UK. 3 meetings just isn't enough to formulate opinion and frankly they shouldn't have took the risk if there was a chance they would do this.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

I thought this was a speedway for & not a scrabble forum. Never mind, THJ sums you up perfectly ....... a prized plum!

remember this , i am the one who knows who T.H.J really is . and not the person who he pretends to be on this site . hence all the name calling  like  plum and biffa .

J.C.  could never write stuff like  T.H.J. writes . i have a letter to prove it , ! 

Andy Mellish..  eh .... cracking story .. 

8 minutes ago, acef said:

I don't like the man, not going to hide it. However I'm sure he's done some good things, and some bad things in the past but I don't think that should alter any feeling for this particular situation.

Whichever way you look at it, it's a poor way to handle a new rider to the UK. 3 meetings just isn't enough to formulate opinion and frankly they shouldn't have took the risk if there was a chance they would do this.

yet reading the press release it was done after discusions with his father,hes still staying around Scunthorpe,will travel with the team to gain experience etc

seems to me to be a amicable situation that all are happy with,and thats how it should be

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, montie said:

yet reading the press release it was done after discusions with his father,hes still staying around Scunthorpe,will travel with the team to gain experience etc

seems to me to be a amicable situation that all are happy with,and thats how it should be

Do the Visa rules still apply now he is out of the team? Namely will he / his Father be paying for his stay in the UK while he travels around and gets in loads of free practice at the EWR? Or will he still be taking the required salary, accommodation etc from Scunthorpe and indirectly the paying supporters?

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, jenga said:

remember this , i am the one who knows who T.H.J really is . and not the person who he pretends to be on this site . hence all the name calling  like  plum and biffa .

J.C.  could never write stuff like  T.H.J. writes . i have a letter to prove it , ! 

Andy Mellish..  eh .... cracking story .. 

I do not know who he really is but we did introduce each other last year at your place in the KOC final & the "3 witches" (sorry to bring you in to this) & they were nice people to get to know, albeit briefly. THJ seems to know his stuff & does not post anything without knowing facts. Others just second guess or put their own views, as it is a forum. Others do try and get the facts right.

Ignore EVERYTHING OdsalBoy says on our topics.

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Do the Visa rules still apply now he is out of the team? Namely will he / his Father be paying for his stay in the UK while he travels around and gets in loads of free practice at the EWR? Or will he still be taking the required salary, accommodation etc from Scunthorpe and indirectly the paying supporters?

he has some form of patrality i believe so it doesnt matter

7 minutes ago, montie said:

he has some form of patrality i believe so it doesnt matter

Excellent from a Scunthorpe supporter side anyway. Basically his family has paid for him to come over, be set up with equipment etc so he might as well hang around a bit longer. 

Just now, Sings4Speedway said:

Excellent from a Scunthorpe supporter side anyway. Basically his family has paid for him to come over, be set up with equipment etc so he might as well hang around a bit longer. 

which is the same with any family whos kids start out in motorsport,with a 10year old who loves Motorcross i have first had experience of this:(££££££££££££££ and more££££££££££

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jedd has a Scottish grandmother and has a 5 year partiality visa . he is living 10miles from Scunthorpe and he and his dad are paying there own way. no money is coming from the supporters to cover his cost except those who chipped in to cover methanol for home meetings

• Thanks 2

Seeing as he has made some contacts and done a few meetings on the continent in previous years,he might do a few meetings there to keep going ?

Lidsey came over last year, tried his hand in the European leagues & now trying his hand in our top league. Big steps in 2 years but at least he is having a go to see what level he can reach. Jedd has only been on a 500cc bike for 6-8 months.

I posted this back in February

Posted February 3

I, also, thought there were a couple of Aussie youngsters to try before Jedd especially as he only started 500cc racing last year so a year too soon was my thinking but Ryan & Jake must see something in him to put his name to Scunthorpe.

It was only a couple of years ago we tried another youngster in Tom Armstrong, who again at the time, thought it was a year too soon, but we never got to find out as a bad injury curtailed his season. 2012 apparently, replaced by J Hart.

11 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Lidsey came over last year, tried his hand in the European leagues & now trying his hand in our top league. Big steps in 2 years but at least he is having a go to see what level he can reach. Jedd has only been on a 500cc bike for 6-8 months.

Jedd has been on a 500cc longer than that? He rode last year in Güstrow on the 18.05.2018.That is almost a year ago and surely he didn't make his debut in that meeting?

Jedd List AUS (0,0,1,1,0)-2

Keynan Rew AUS

Leon Arnheim

Lukas Baumann

Lukas Fienhage

Michael Härtel

Daniel Spiller

Ethan Spiller

Emil Breum DEN

Mads Hansen DEN

Martin S. Hansen DEN

Nick Säyriö FIN