British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

On 4/10/2019 at 12:17 AM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Jedd has a Scottish grandmother and has a 5 year partiality visa . he is living 10miles from Scunthorpe and he and his dad are paying there own way. no money is coming from the supporters to cover his cost except those who chipped in to cover methanol for home meetings

If that's the case then he should be able to do NL which would be a good starting point.

Chopper

5 minutes ago, chopper said:

If that's the case then he should be able to do NL which would be a good starting point.

Chopper

If he has a British passport / Is British i believe? Rules changed after BWD & the Spillers came over and cleared up.

If that is the case then, who is going to give a place to an untried Aussie with British patriality who has a CL average of 4 which, I think have read somewhere, is now doubled from CL to NL which would be an 8.

Not sure if this is correct but there are other posters on here that will know!

Edited by IronScorpion

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

If that is the case then, who is going to give a place to an untried Aussie with British patriality who has a CL average of 4 which, I think have read somewhere, is now doubled from CL to NL which would be an 8.

Not sure if this is correct but there are other posters on here that will know!

Add in the dubious secret ruling of only 1 rider per NL team who has a Champ level average of 4.00+ (or has achieved that at some point in the past) which i think all barring Belle Vue have already included its a very small window of opportunity for List. But things do happen and a club may be desperate for a long term replacement for a heat leader but with guests available for number 1's its a long shot during the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

If he has a British passport / Is British i believe? Rules changed after BWD & the Spillers came over and cleared up.

No British passport rules have changed not able to do NL at all they looked into it but cant 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

No British passport rules have changed not able to do NL at all they looked into it but cant 

That's a shame.

Chopper

18 hours ago, chopper said:

That's a shame.

Chopper

Why is it a shame that we dont allow foreign riders in the British National Development League?

• Like 6

Congratulations to Ryan Kinsley on winning the first U21 semi final at the IOW. Unbeaten!

Jordan Palin getting a creditable 2nd.

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Like 5

Reminds me of the old days when some Aussies would come over and ride second halves and then sleep in their car!

I hope Palin isn’t a year too early next season after Godfrey almost guaranteed him a team place.

8 minutes ago, GWC said:

Reminds me of the old days when some Aussies would come over and ride second halves and then sleep in their car!

I hope Palin isn’t a year too early next season after Godfrey almost guaranteed him a team place.

looking at that kid and his  lap times its a year to late never mind early

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GWC said:

Jordan Palin did rather well against older riders at the Isle Of Wight on Tuesday.  I'm sure he'll be fine after a whole year with Belle Vue Colts in the National League.  Problem with Jedd is that option was not available to him and also that his average cannot go below 4.00.  It was into the deep end. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Jordan Palin did rather well against older riders at the Isle Of Wight on Tuesday.  I'm sure he'll be fine after a whole year with Belle Vue Colts in the National League.  Problem with Jedd is that option was not available to him and also that his average cannot go below 4.00.  It was into the deep end. 

Scunthorpe shouldn’t have brought him across the world to ride for them if he wasn’t ready to do so. Seems a common theme with assessed riders who aren’t up to scratch these days to justify it by saying they were thrown in at the deep end.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gringo said:

Edited by Gringo