British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

On 4/18/2019 at 12:35 PM, montie said:

looking at that kid and his  lap times its a year to late never mind early

Next year if the side is designed to carry Jordan a bit they should do it.He can still do N.L as well, is he to young to do a few Championship meeting's later in the season for experience or has he got to be 16???.I believe he can establish himself in the Championship with time and patience  he is a talent. Going back to List for me he was very unlucky a massive ask in the top 5 and starting at reserve i believe he would of been ok.

Got to be 16 which is not until Feb 2020 which is good as other teams cannot use him & he gets an average over 2.00.

56 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Bailey quits who is out there to replace him?

Joe Lawlor to guest in Friday’s home match against Somerset and Rob Godfrey has stated: “Joe is really keen to do well for us on Friday, because he knows that a good performance could go a long way to convincing us that he deserves a full-time crack at Championship level" 

So here's hoping it works out for "Young Joe" and he knocks in a few points to warrant his retention in the team...

Regards
THJ

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

We are over the 38 point limit in June so only a like for like swap. Bailey has an average of 3.18 so up to that or a British rider having ridden in the NL up to 3.26.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eric i said:

How long can we use guests for him?

Forever, because it's speedway, & your owner makes the rules up lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, eric i said:

How long can we use guests for him?

It could be similar to the Josh Auty scenario when he took a break then wanted to return, so a 14 day ban was imposed. If he is taking a full break & withholding his services then a 28 day ban for the rider. Other than this, I think a re-declaration is required. Follow the Glasgow thread as this could be similar with Chessell bowing out.

37 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Forever, because it's speedway, & your owner makes the rules up lol.

To be honest, you aren't far wrong - They should be able to have guests upto his average for 28 days and then a 2.00 after that period for as long as they wish. Funny old sport!

Don't think we should rush into signing a rider if we got 28 days, Bailey got a 3.18 average. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 10:41 AM, scunny1 said:

Lawlor stepping in for a couple of fixtures while the club look to tie up a deal to bring in Andy Mellish on a deal up until the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Lawlor stepping in for a couple of fixtures while the club look to tie up a deal to bring in Andy Mellish on a deal up until the end of the season.

Andy Mellish is injured don’t think he will be back this season 

30 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Considering Mellish is seriously injured this post is pretty disgusting 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Considering Mellish is seriously injured this post is pretty disgusting 

according to the speedway gb site . he said he would not be fit  to start . the new season .  only andy will know if he is fit enough . good luck to him in his recovery .