British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

23 hours ago, jenga said:

what a nugget that Godfrey is . i hope jedd screws him over after being shown the door by one of the poorest , if not THE poorest promoter in the last few seasons . tell him where to stick it Jedd !  :o

How did your promotion fair . Announce a team with no intention of running seems a touch worse dropping 7 riders before turning a wheel than one after a few meetings. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

How can he come in to the team 

I thought it was like for like 

Jedd List 4 pt assessed average 

Josh Bailey averaging approx 3.2 pts 

????????????

Because at end up June all teams can build back to 40 points so will have enough to fit 

4 hours ago, jenga said:

this could be your last season , who knows .

Don't think so ? We've already signed Jordan Palin for 2020 cannot see Rob doing that and not seeing him out on track at Scunny..he's going to be a rider is JP !

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

Don't think so ? We've already signed Jordan Palin for 2020 cannot see Rob doing that and not seeing him out on track at Scunny..he's going to be a rider is JP !

worky signed seven riders , but other complications arose and put the stop on 2019 !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

worky signed seven riders , but other complications arose and put the stop on 2019 !

What like poor promotion lack of money pot kettle comes to mind

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

What like poor promotion lack of money pot kettle comes to mind

Four letters...H.M.R.C.  too many companies under one umbrella  . one goes pear shape and the rest have to follow like lemmings . 

LA 

I didnt think it was allowed to drop a rider and then reintroduce them at a later date.....

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I didnt think it was allowed to drop a rider and then reintroduce them at a later date.....

You can do it with Management Committee's blessing.  'Nuff said? 

• Haha 4

the old fingers in the pie syndrome .  all in the best interest of speedway of course .LOL.

I know it's turned out a poor weekend so it's kinda worked out ?. But with Rob talking about bringing Jedd List back end of June and there being "few meetings" inbetween. Plus the start stop of the past month ?. How's this supposed to keep up momentum and interest in the Speedway season ? 

Remembering back to my time at Halifax and The Shay fixture card was jam packed with meetings ! We used to stage 30+ meetings per season with crowds regular up around 3-4 thousand on a Saturday. 

People fill the gap when there's no Speedway and it becomes habit to kick the habit ? 

• Like 3

Well this is interesting. Jedd was removed from the team and replaced.

Now there are talks of Jedd being offered a place again.

If i was Jedd i would tell the promotion to go and "smell my finger" .

Then i'd wait for an opportunity to come knocking at a real team like Sheffield, sign for them, then score countless maximums against Scunny to show what they were missing.

The "List" of frustrations just seem to get bigger and bigger for Scun fans .....

• Haha 1

Think Jedd could be on his way to Newcastle, and if that is the case, good luck to the lad

Connor Coles or Danyon Hume should be on our radar but anything could happen when the averages change & the 40 point limit is brought in at the end of June.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Connor Coles or Danyon Hume should be on our radar but anything could happen when the averages change & the 40 point limit is brought in at the end of June.

by that time the season will be nearly over for some teams !