British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Think Jedd could be on his way to Newcastle, and if that is the case, good luck to the lad

Think you could be wrong.

• Like 1

While my interest in speedway remains I don't study the minutiae (yes, had to look up the spelling) as much but why does it appear Jedd List is stuck on a 4pt CMA seemingly no matter what.  Surely if he gets to ride a few matches, 3H & 3A or whatever, he will attain 'true' average.  Apologies for calling anyone 'Shirley', hey it's a bank holiday....

8 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

While my interest in speedway remains I don't study the minutiae (yes, had to look up the spelling) as much but why does it appear Jedd List is stuck on a 4pt CMA seemingly no matter what.  Surely if he gets to ride a few matches, 3H & 3A or whatever, he will attain 'true' average.  Apologies for calling anyone 'Shirley', hey it's a bank holiday....

Any foreigner on an assessed average cannot fall below that average.

18 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

A think it has something to do with 'migrant workers',,, and maybe what legibility they have on working here, when other 'British/home grown' workers are seeking employment.

Ok right, thanx for replies....

Guest Loose Diamond
On 5/25/2019 at 6:12 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

How did your promotion fair . Announce a team with no intention of running seems a touch worse dropping 7 riders before turning a wheel than one after a few meetings. 

From what I've seen going on at Derwent Park. Speedway had no chance of starting this season. As someone has already said they might not be the only team to go. Which is a massive pity. No one wants to see teams fold. So difficult to start new tracks now with noise issues and the like.

Guest Loose Diamond
On 5/27/2019 at 1:26 PM, the outsider said:

I know it's turned out a poor weekend so it's kinda worked out ?. But with Rob talking about bringing Jedd List back end of June and there being "few meetings" inbetween. Plus the start stop of the past month ?. How's this supposed to keep up momentum and interest in the Speedway season ? 

Remembering back to my time at Halifax and The Shay fixture card was jam packed with meetings ! We used to stage 30+ meetings per season with crowds regular up around 3-4 thousand on a Saturday. 

People fill the gap when there's no Speedway and it becomes habit to kick the habit ? 

Yes it does. More variation for your money and more value.

Guest Loose Diamond
23 hours ago, jenga said:

by that time the season will be nearly over for some teams !

Yes, it could well be.

I dont see how Scunthorpe can re-introduce Jedd list after they dropped him a few weeks ago, its not as if he was signed by someone else. Yes there`s the "in the best interests of the sport", whatever that means, and I suppose Scunthorpe can rely on the management committee to pull this round for them but IMO its just plain wrong and if its not against the rules than it should be.

16 minutes ago, screm said:

I dont see how Scunthorpe can re-introduce Jedd list after they dropped him a few weeks ago, its not as if he was signed by someone else. Yes there`s the "in the best interests of the sport", whatever that means, and I suppose Scunthorpe can rely on the management committee to pull this round for them but IMO its just plain wrong and if its not against the rules than it should be.

Godders is god ...... . good god   :mad:

So as of June 1st the averages are as follows

Auty 8.04
Garrity 7.26
Allen 7.26
Nielsen 5.69
Ayres 4.43
Bailey 2.90

Kinsley 2.00

Total: 37.58 so 0.44 to play with for Bailey's replacement (3.34)

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

So as of June 1st the averages are as follows

Auty 8.04
Garrity 7.26
Allen 7.26
Nielsen 5.69
Ayres 4.43
Bailey 2.90

Kinsley 2.00

Total: 37.58 so 0.44 to play with for Bailey's replacement (3.34)

The average you can set the team up goes up to 40 pts 

so 2.44 pts left over plus Josh Baileys 2.90

means 5.34 pts if the other riders average stay the same 

4 hours ago, screm said:

Are you referring to rule 16.3.2..  A rider in a teams declared 1-7 at the end of the previous season and not included in that teams new seasons initial declaration may not be subsequently re-introduced into that team without the express permission of the Directors.

Jedd wasn't in Scunnys 1-7 at the end of the previous season.  Unless the rule reads wrong I can't see a problem.

If the 'and not' actually read 'and if a rider' included in that new teams new seasons initial declaration..then that might be a different scenario.

Unless theres another rule im not aware of??

Edited by Albert

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

The average you can set the team up goes up to 40 pts 

so 2.44 pts left over plus Josh Baileys 2.90

means 5.34 pts if the other riders average stay the same 

Not until 01 July. 

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Are you referring to rule 16.3.2..  A rider in a teams declared 1-7 at the end of the previous season and not included in that teams new seasons initial declaration may not be subsequently re-introduced into that team without the express permission of the Directors.

Jedd wasn't in Scunnys 1-7 at the end of the previous season.  Unless the rule reads wrong I can't see a problem.

If the 'and not' actually read 'and if a rider' included in that new teams new seasons initial declaration..then that might be a different scenario.

Unless theres another rule im not aware of??

In this case neither can I as Jedd's average remains unchanged.

however you could have the scenario where you sign a rider on a (not assessed) average of 6.5. for whatever reason his average drops to 4.00. you the release him just before his new GS average kicks in and replace him with another 6.00 rider. Then one month later reintroduce him to your side by replacing a 4.00 rider with him. Tho and behold he averages 6.00 again and you've strengthened up without strengthening up.

• Like 5