British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

Garrity has a broken hand, do Scunthorpe make a double change?

List/wilko and Ostergaard

or S.Lambet and a foreign 7 pointer Andreas lyger?

This season is going same way as last season with injuries blighting us. Hope Jason heals quickly.  On a positive note Danny Ayres has been a great signing and becoming a fans favourite-well done on his fine showing at Redcar.

Edited by scunny1
  • Like 2

I wouldn't bring in List even though posters have said he looks a tidy rider in 2nd halves, he has been slow(at Newcastle it was said he was 1 second a lap, probably as slow as Phillips), even though he had a good meeting at Sheffield, the opposition was not terribly high. Wilko again I would not bring in as he has not raced this year. Ostergaard proving he is on a downward spiral with his machinery poorly prepared. Aarnio would have been ideal but a week too late as has been snapped up by Birmingham. Could we go back to Lyager and is he still a 7 as foreign riders assessed averages have changed. Lambert or Coles could be a 2nd addition.

A question for Scunthorpe fans. Who races there called Ed?

The reason I ask is I was listening to the radio this morning, and there was a guy on the phone. When he did his "shout outs" he said hi to "everyone at Scunthorpe speedway, where I race". Then he requested a Busted track.

Just wondered if anyone knows who it was.

If anyone is curious and wants to listen, it was at about 5.55 this morning on Radio One.

Edited by Grachan

19 minutes ago, Grachan said:

A question for Scunthorpe fans. Who races there called Ed?

The reason I ask is I was listening to the radio this morning, and there was a guy on the phone. When he did his "shout outs" he said hi to "everyone at Scunthorpe speedway, where I race". Then he requested a Busted track.

Just wondered if anyone knows who it was.

If anyone is curious and wants to listen, it was at about 5.55 this morning on Radio One.

A stockcar driver?

50 minutes ago, foamfence said:

A stockcar driver?

Could have been. I've no idea. :)

ROB GODFREY SAYS “THANK YOU”

HEB Scunthorpe Scorpions’ owner Rob Godfrey wishes to thank all the fans and riders who continue to support the club.

During a recent lull in home fixtures, the club took the opportunity to re-tarmac the stadium.

Godfrey says: “I think it’s the right time to say a big thank you to everyone who supports us and brings money into our stadium.

“That includes the home fans, the away fans, our sponsors, all the staff and volunteers, plus those riders who support both our practices and amateur meetings, which are a vital income stream for the club.

“All the speedway income goes into the same pot, and we re-invest everything back into the stadium.

“I’m very proud of the stadium that we’ve built up from nothing, and I hope our fans are too. I think it’s something that town of Scunthorpe can take genuine pride in. We’ve built up that stadium and we also plan to maintain it and keep it looking smart.”

Scorpions are next at home when they entertain local rivals Sheffield Tigers at the Eddie Wright Raceway next Friday (June 21st).

• Like 3

looks  like he has turned his deaf aid on at last .

36 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Desperate times, perhaps ?

No, simply a "Good news" story that Scunny continuing to invest in their stadium and thanking the people responsible for that.

• Like 6

Good news that Jake is fit enough to race again. 2 meetings in 2 days took its toll before so we will see how his shoulder is holding up with 2 meetings for us this weekend. Next week & what will normally be the case, Jake will ride for Ipswich on the Thursday & then for us on the Friday & with the change in averages for July, Jake has lost his partner in crime at reserve for Ipswich in Heeps with him swapping places with Kennett, so if their riders still persist in dropping points, will Jake get 6 or 7 rides which would do him more harm than good in the long run. 

4.52 for Bailey's replacement, it said in the local paper..... 

“Even though we lost to Sheffield, it does bode well for later on, when are looking to make a change and then things should come a lot easier, certainly at home."

Could we see the return of Wilko or s.lambet . 

17 hours ago, eric i said:

4.52 for Bailey's replacement, it said in the local paper..... 

“Even though we lost to Sheffield, it does bode well for later on, when are looking to make a change and then things should come a lot easier, certainly at home."

Could we see the return of Wilko or s.lambet . 

Lambert is my guess and he will stay at reserve all season

due to Ayres increased average

Good signing for scunny one my favourite riders but my least favourite team might have to re-evaluate things lol.