British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

What happened to re-signing Jedd List? Thought that had been arranged

On 5/24/2019 at 6:08 PM, the outsider said:

Report in the Star that Rob has approached Jedd List about a return to the team at the end of June. Ironic that we have to eat humble pie and ask Jedd (so ruthlessly cast aside) to consider a return. No idea about team Averages going up to 40 min in July did you ? I got the idea of Danny Ayres for Jedd. But he should never have been brought 12000 miles across the globe on the pretext of a team place and hung out to dry on a 4pt assessed average in the difficult No4 jacket ! ?. Aussies over the years have taken time to emerge. If promoters down the years had never showed patience with new Aussies you would never have heard of the like of Crump, Sanders or Adams etc...?.What you get from a Aussie who has crossed the world to ride Speedway in the UK. Is a focus and commitment because that's what they're here to do ! 

So I'm pleased there's a possibility that we might see the promise of Jedd List emerge albeit it later than expected. He has shown glimpses of the rider he can be if given the chance. Even so I hear it may not be as simple as Jedd "jumping to our tune" and he may already be on the radar of a rival track for an immediate place ?.

36 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

What happened to re-signing Jedd List? Thought that had been arranged

No it hadn't.

Subsequent piece in the Star confirmed that, saying that Jedd was heading back to Australia.

• Like 2

Barker eh !!!

1 hour ago, Aroundtheboards said:

Barker eh !!!

thats a man down straight away ................... unless he has had a good nights sleep !

8 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

No it hadn't.

Subsequent piece in the Star confirmed that, saying that Jedd was heading back to Australia.

Fair enough, but it definitely circulated that he was signing back for Scunthorpe... So did his family move over or what?

He's ridden second halves at Newcastle since, and not just immediately after Scunthorpe dropped him, weeks after

Edited by Dandelion

It was mooted about that Jedd list was to return , but in all honesty the lad even if he returned next year he would be on a 4 pt average , the lad Glasgow brought in only has a two point average due to British parents I think

• Like 1

Swindon have signed Vissing as cover for Stefan as it will be around another 2 weeks before he might be ready to ride again.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Swindon have signed Vissing as cover for Stefan as it will be around another 2 weeks before he might be ready to ride again.

We will have a new rider in place by Thursday 

I won't spoil the clubs thunder  as I know who is is but he should go well on Friday at  Redcar 

Edited by Tosh1218
Mis spelt
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

I won't spoil the clubs thunder  as I know who is is but he should go well on Friday at  Redcar 

Might have been a change of plan as it says on Speedway star website
Scunthorpe owner Rob Godfrey said: “I’ve spoken to Dave (team manager Peet) about it and we both think we can handle r/r at Redcar on Friday and it’s not quite such a problem at home.”

• Haha 1

I’m sure the fact Redcar have r/r themselves and a NL reserve at Number 1 will influence the decision on if they can handle using R/R on Friday. 

Scunthorpe should be looking for 4 points from this meeting.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:55 PM, Tosh1218 said:

It was mooted about that Jedd list was to return , but in all honesty the lad even if he returned next year he would be on a 4 pt average , the lad Glasgow brought in only has a two point average due to British parents I think

Can't see him coming back for a few years if at all.His family moved over to pursue this move and have been left very disillusioned with UK speedway. All this did was cost them and Scunthorpe speedway a considerable sum of money for a youngster who wasnt ready because the sport is being driven towards scooping up riders just out of nappies and gambling with their futures rather than allowing them to develop.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Go on tell us. You won't be stealing their thunder. Nothing on website. 

11 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Go on tell us. You won't be stealing their thunder. Nothing on website. 

The rider wanted too much money. If it's who I think it was Scunny will be better using R/R anyway especially at home

Now we know the answers to our questions about whether Garrity or Barker will be here at the weekend. Garrity to Birmingham so Barker to the Scorpions. As I have said on previous threads, he has sorted his personal problems, scored well for us & other teams have picked him as a guest. Welcome fulltime Ben.

• Like 2