British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

I sadly designed to suits back in my school days. This was based of Carl Stonehewer and Peter Karlssons suits in the early 2000’s. They were awful but it’s what was wanted. These were 100% team suits with the race jackets worn over the top. 

PLEASE USE THESE

• Like 1

in all fairness why don't we have th teams just wearing the racing bibs over there own leathers.riders are distinctive enough for people to know who they are.wether they are pink and black as in josh bates or blue as are chris harris,s set or black and green for charles wright it doesn't matter.i know as a youngster that doug dyer stood out in his white hassled leathers.its the same, to some degree, like ty proctors distinct orange goggles and peak.very distinctive.

Guest WTF1

Obviously nobody can read,  couldn't care less who wears what coloured Kevlars or if they are bo***ck naked,  THIS IS A SCUNTHORPE THREAD. 

I feel hairs are being split here. If all seven riders in a speedway team wear almost identical race wear regardless of a race jacket being present or not or whether they were provided by the promoter or not then they are team race suits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HerniaWise said:

Obviously nobody can read,  couldn't care less who wears what coloured Kevlars or if they are bo***ck naked,  THIS IS A SCUNTHORPE THREAD. 

To take it back to Scunthorpe matters then, I've noticed the blue kevlars of Josh Auty at the first two meetings I've been to this year, they've either been at the back, on the centre green or on the track! What was it 9 heats before he scored any points and that heat only had three riders in it. He'd better get his machinery sorted out if he's going to stay your number 1. Still he might be thinking about retirement again!

Having said this he'll probably come to Sheffield next Sunday and score a maximum.

(By the way think I've read somewhere that kevlars have almost doubled in price this year, that might be a reason for some teams not to have race suits)

Edited by Steve55

1 hour ago, Steve55 said:

(By the way think I've read somewhere that kevlars have almost doubled in price this year, that might be a reason for some teams not to have race suits)

If anyone wanted to sponsor team suits for Scunny I can get a team kitted out for £3,500 so 500 quid per rider... 

Can get them supplied usually within a week however at this time of year there could be a wait of up to 4 weeks... 

So if there are any companies or individuals interested all they need to do is have a word with Rob to see that he is up for it then get in touch...

Polish Kevlar manufacturers charge between 150 to 350 quid more than that...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

WOW . workington speedway going into the racing suit game .still pennies make pounds .

Crikey this theads gone a "bit off piste" since I set the Kevlar ball rolling !.. so 3 days to Christmas are we fancing our chances at Sheffield ?. Got to be honest if they're "reserves" (loose terminology that ?) Kemp and Kennedy are on it we could be in "a spot a bother" !???

team G.B. not wearing team suits in 2018  ! 

5 hours ago, the outsider said:

Crikey this theads gone a "bit off piste" since I set the Kevlar ball rolling !.. so 3 days to Christmas are we fancing our chances at Sheffield ?. Got to be honest if they're "reserves" (loose terminology that ?) Kemp and Kennedy are on it we could be in "a spot a bother" !???

Think young Josh could be a key rider for us Sunday, ridden Sheff a couple times in the past, and a much better rider than what he was then... Can't see us winning but can see us springing a surprise or 2

6 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Think young Josh could be a key rider for us Sunday, ridden Sheff a couple times in the past, and a much better rider than what he was then... Can't see us winning but can see us springing a surprise or 2

Doesn't matter if young Josh has improved 100%, it's old Josh that needs to pull his finger out if you're going to get anything out of this! Mind you Garrity and Allen do ride Sheffield well.