British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

51 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Andy Mellish is injured don’t think he will be back this season 

I have him on ignore but as some have quoted him, I see what he has posted but typical of him. He should think before posting & do some fact finding.

• Like 2

Report in the Star that Rob has approached Jedd List about a return to the team at the end of June. Ironic that we have to eat humble pie and ask Jedd (so ruthlessly cast aside) to consider a return. No idea about team Averages going up to 40 min in July did you ? I got the idea of Danny Ayres for Jedd. But he should never have been brought 12000 miles across the globe on the pretext of a team place and hung out to dry on a 4pt assessed average in the difficult No4 jacket ! ?. Aussies over the years have taken time to emerge. If promoters down the years had never showed patience with new Aussies you would never have heard of the like of Crump, Sanders or Adams etc...?.What you get from a Aussie who has crossed the world to ride Speedway in the UK. Is a focus and commitment because that's what they're here to do ! 

So I'm pleased there's a possibility that we might see the promise of Jedd List emerge albeit it later than expected. He has shown glimpses of the rider he can be if given the chance. Even so I hear it may not be as simple as Jedd "jumping to our tune" and he may already be on the radar of a rival track for an immediate place ?.

Edited by the outsider

what a nugget that Godfrey is . i hope jedd screws him over after being shown the door by one of the poorest , if not THE poorest promoter in the last few seasons . tell him where to stick it Jedd !  :o

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, the outsider said:

Report in the Star that Rob has approached Jedd List about a return to the team at the end of June. Ironic that we have to eat humble pie and ask Jedd (so ruthlessly cast aside) to consider a return. No idea about team Averages going up to 40 min in July did you ? I got the idea of Danny Ayres for Jedd. But he should never have been brought 12000 miles across the globe on the pretext of a team place and hung out to dry on a 4pt assessed average in the difficult No4 jacket ! ?. Aussies over the years have taken time to emerge. If promoters down the years had never showed patience with new Aussies you would never have heard of the like of Crump, Sanders or Adams etc...?.What you get from a Aussie who has crossed the world to ride Speedway in the UK. Is a focus and commitment because that's what they're here to do ! 

So I'm pleased there's a possibility that we might see the promise of Jedd List emerge albeit it later than expected. He has shown glimpses of the rider he can be if given the chance. Even so I hear it may not be as simple as Jedd "jumping to our tune" and he may already be on the radar of a rival track for an immediate place ?.

eeeeee,,,, the cheeky monkey.

2 hours ago, jenga said:

what a nugget that Godfrey is . i hope jedd screws him over after being shown the door by one of the poorest , if not THE poorest promoter in the last few seasons . tell him where to stick it Jedd !  :o

Don't normally agree with you but... :D

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Well he lost to Danny Phillips tonight so hopefully Jedd does tell Rob were to stick it lol

Í wouldnt read too much into how things ran for Jedd at Dredcar ? It was never top of Ryan's List ! of Tracks to go to in his time as a Scorpion either  was it ? I'm  backing Jedd to emerge as a rider if and when he gets the chance to prove it  ?

Edited by the outsider

13 hours ago, the outsider said:

Surely Danny Ayres has been a terrific signing?

With Jedd's average not allowed to drop below 4.00, he was going to be stuck in the main body of the side, before Scorpions made a team change and introduced Danny.  Keeping Jedd at either No 4 or No 2 would have destroyed his confidence.

Now Rob's plan is that Jedd will come in at reserve, alongside Ryan Kinsley, and it's all possible due to the signing of Danny Ayres in the meantime, who is maintaining an average of over 4.00.  Without Danny, we could have easily lost one or two more home meetings - I think his signing was inspired and has been essential.  As well as scoring the points, he's also an entertainer, a team man and a positive influence in the pits. I think one of the best things to happen to Scunthorpe this season is Danny Ayres.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 5

The bottom line is that List only beat one opponent for Scunthorpe and they were off 15m.....sometimes needs must for the good of the team and Ayres has done very well. Good that List will be getting his place back but he was dropped because he wasn’t up to the required standard. Hope for his sake he is able to take his chance this time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Surely Danny Ayres has been a terrific signing?

With Jedd's average not allowed to drop below 4.00, he was going to be stuck in the main body of the side, before Scorpions made a team change and introduced Danny.  Keeping Jedd at either No 4 or No 2 would have destroyed his confidence.

Now Rob's plan is that Jedd will come in at reserve, alongside Ryan Kinsley, and it's all possible due to the signing of Danny Ayres in the meantime, who is maintaining an average of over 4.00.  Without Danny, we could have easily lost one or two more home meetings - I think his signing was inspired and has been essential.  As well as scoring the points, he's also an entertainer, a team man and a positive influence in the pits. I think one of the best things to happen to Scunthorpe this season is Danny Ayres.

And I agree totally ! As I said "I get why we signed Danny Ayres" and hes been a great signing. If Robs plan works out then fine by me. My point was that Jedd was hung out to dry really. No chance of finding his feet. If we can get hIm in at Reserve with Ryan K them no pressure as Ryan has shown he can rise to this level. I bet we will see Jedd develop once he gets a fair chance. Hes got to be given the time to learn the tracks. But for sure I am 100% in agreement on Danny.

How can he come in to the team 

I thought it was like for like 

Jedd List 4 pt assessed average 

Josh Bailey averaging approx 3.2 pts 

????????????

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

How can he come in to the team 

I thought it was like for like 

Jedd List 4 pt assessed average 

Josh Bailey averaging approx 3.2 pts 

????????????

Don't forget who scunnys promoter is!!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jenga said:

Must be doing something right or Scunthorpe would not keep going.

• Like 1

What sort of average would Connor Coles come in on? Glasgow not using him anymore but seems to have been scoring? Would be a better option than Jedd?

55 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

Must be doing something right or Scunthorpe would not keep going.

this could be your last season , who knows .