British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Peterborough V Berwick (CH) 09/09/2018

One thing that is easy to see the Panthers wont win any more silverware this season, they dont have one rider who you could put your money on to definetly win a race there all  inconsistant  .

Edited by scoobydoo

9 hours ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Think we will win but it will be close. 47-43 is my prediction.

Spot on 

Creditable performance from Berwick but that's about that in terms of making the play offs 

7 out of the 14 riders in this meeting were Europeans.If Brexit goes ahead in March next year I wonder how many will be able to work in this country next season unless they can claim to live here permanently for the purpose of employment.Even if there is a 2 year transition period it's going to be an issue at some point if visas are needed.That's basically one full team out of two riding today which would be missing.

• Like 1

Happy with the result and pleased Berwick got a point as they deserved one. Both guests from Redcar did well for us....so thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alang said:

7 out of the 14 riders in this meeting were Europeans.If Brexit goes ahead in March next year I wonder how many will be able to work in this country next season unless they can claim to live here permanently for the purpose of employment.Even if there is a 2 year transition period it's going to be an issue at some point if visas are needed.That's basically one full team out of two riding today which would be missing.

With the expected transition to last until Dec 2020, it wont be until the 2021 season that this need be an issue. If we (UK speedway) are short of riders we can issue visas for the required amount. I would expect us to do some sort of reciprocal deal with Australia making it easier for them to come here, or perhaps allow Australians to arrive on a 3 like they used to.

Like Sweden we dont have enough home grown riders to fill all our team slots and have to have a fair number of non UK riders to make it work. I doubt it will be a problem, just like Brexit, unless you want it to be.

• Like 3

What has happened to the showground track. Once it was one of the best in the country, recently it's been far too slick, with very little material for the riders to work with. Today was an ok meeting, because of the score, but very little passing. The crowd was excellent though.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

One thing that is easy to see the Panthers wont win any more silverware this season, they dont have one rider who you could put your money on to definetly win a race there all  inconsistant  .

Panthers have never had a rider you could put your money on to win a race, but they have several who are likely to win a race against the odds. Today with the injury problems, Ostergaard  somewhat rusty after his lay off and MPT  having an off day rather proved the point.

Edited by wealdstone

2 hours ago, alang said:

can't understand why you mention that on this thread .. but anyway, weren't the rest of the riders from Australasia and require a visa now anyway??

Edited by stevehone

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

We can book Josh G for the home play-off meetings, we'll be fine.

No away team will fancy coming to the Showground, the famous Panthers roar has sent shivers down the spines of many top quality riders.

17 hours ago, alang said:

It'll be exactly the same as it is for non EU riders and for riders before we (or they) joined the EU, no doubt there will be a form to be filled in some where, it's a non issue, project fear

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Panthers have never had a rider you could put your money on to win a race, but they have several who are likely to win a race against the odds. Today with the injury problems, Ostergaard  somewhat rusty after his lay off and MPT  having an off day rather proved the point.

also the faily neutral nature of the Show ground means this will always be case even if you had the top rider in the league

Riders love the track there[and rightly so] and will always turn up have have more of a go than on some of the tighter tricky tracks

• Like 3

On 9/9/2018 at 10:08 PM, cityrebel said:

What has happened to the showground track. Once it was one of the best in the country, recently it's been far too slick, with very little material for the riders to work with. Today was an ok meeting, because of the score, but very little passing. The crowd was excellent though.

It was also awful for my only visit for the Sheffield meeting on 15th July but I put that down as a one-off, as were a couple of Belle Vue visits - perhaps I'm a jinx!

Edited by SPEEDY69

On 9/10/2018 at 12:57 AM, JeremyCorbynFan said:

We can book Josh G for the home play-off meetings, we'll be fine.

No away team will fancy coming to the Showground, the famous Panthers roar has sent shivers down the spines of many top quality riders.

That'll be Josh G of Polish licence fame? 

32 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

That'll be Josh G of Polish licence fame? 

His average is marginally too high anyway  JCF  is as much out of date as his namesake Labour leader.

• Like 1