British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL Tues Paulco's birthday2018 at 19-30

3 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Congrats to Glasgow, by far the best team on the night, well deserved win. Cookie was worth the trip thro and the admission money - I’ve missed watching him riding flat out like that. Coming back to the Championship League has brought the smile back.  I said Bomber would benefit from having Craig around so I’ll pat myself on the back now

Have to say I was unimpressed and embarrassed by the boos from a small section of “Monarchs fans” towards Craig. Bl@@dy short memories some people have. 5 years of sheer joy and that’s what he gets for trying to earn a living.........

Impressive nights for Broc Nicol (thanks lad) and Jordan Stewart

Unfortunately you always get that , Some Tigers fans were the same when Richie Worrall touched the tapes in heat 14 , as you say - short memories . 

• Like 2

Good day at the office for the Tigs.

Monarchs didn’t look interested to be fair. Coasting round etc. Shows the difference between Armadale and a proper race strip.

Great all round performance, JT was unlucky with his bike problems. Could of been more of a doing.

You can always tell when the 0131’s can sniff a victory, travel through in numbers, seen them leaving about heat 13 (for a change)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nagy1 said:

Good day at the office for the Tigs.

Monarchs didn’t look interested to be fair. Coasting round etc. Shows the difference between Armadale and a proper race strip.

Great all round performance, JT was unlucky with his bike problems. Could of been more of a doing.

You can always tell when the 0131’s can sniff a victory, travel through in numbers, seen them leaving about heat 13 (for a change)

Yep they were (sneaking) sorry leaving the stadium in large numbers from heat 12 onwards not many left at heat 15.

There pre match confidence was merited as they have been performing well , but we were by far the better team tonight as they were a few weeks back at there place.

Need to hopefully complete the job at the weekend.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Congrats to Glasgow, by far the best team on the night, well deserved win. Cookie was worth the trip thro and the admission money - I’ve missed watching him riding flat out like that. Coming back to the Championship League has brought the smile back.  I said Bomber would benefit from having Craig around so I’ll pat myself on the back now

Have to say I was unimpressed and embarrassed by the boos from a small section of “Monarchs fans” towards Craig. Bl@@dy short memories some people have. 5 years of sheer joy and that’s what he gets for trying to earn a living.........

I thought Josh was very good all night and, along with Erik and Broc, provided some good opposition and entertaining racing - heats 4 & 12 were very good. Ricky scored okay but looked out of sorts and the others had nights to forget.

But the main reason for the heavy defeat was that Glasgow were very good tonight. Cookie was sublime (I too have missed watching him ride like that) and I think he's bringing the best out of the rest of the team, particularly Chris Harris. I think Cookie may inspire Glasgow to get the away points required to pip us to the play-offs - and perhaps even to the league title!

• Like 3

Very good match some great racing,Cook was awesome Harris was the best I have seen him this season and the guest Jordon Stewart showed that he is a talent .For Monarchs Riss,Pickering and Nicol were entertaining.Think Glasgow might get the points they need on the road to qualify for Play offs if in same mood as tonight.Track was superb IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Embarrassing, woeful, spineless. 

With the exception of Nicol and Pickering. 

Track seemed a lot slicker than normal compared to any other time we’ve been there this season don’t know if that caught some of the boys out or what but we deserved nothing from tonight. 

Thought some of the racing tonight was very good. Some cracking stuff. 

Oh well mon the witches and the hammers.

Thought Riss put in a lot of effort,Wells going so slow cost him a couple of points in Ht 13 IMO .

Hurting like hell after that doing. Agree with Mags, sorry to hear a minority of fans booing Cookie.

Viktor looked far from fit, bit like Lawson’s 8 year old bike. Yes Cookie was back to his sublime best and has to earn a living but it sure is hard watching him in Weegie Kevlars thumping us. Not only miss him in team on track but his ability to galvanise the team off track too. 

Glasgow riders wanted it more. Don’t see Ipswich beating Tiggers. Can but hope but forecast not too good for Dale on Friday either.

Good racing spectacle this evening, with Cook & Harris imperious, and Starke always seeking to team ride with his partner.

Albeit Tigers were impressive, it was apparent that Monarchs are less than so when on the road, given that last week Ipswich ran Tigers a lot closer at Ashfield..

Pickering, Riss & Nicol get pass marks for the visitors, but the others, especially Worrall, will want to forgot their performances asap.

Hopefully all the crucial remaining Championship fixtures can be completed  this week, and  I would bet on Panthers, Comets, Hammers, & Tigers being the Play-Off qualifiers.

Re the booing of Cookie, I was near a small group who did so,  but they were laughing at their own antics and it appeared to be more light hearted pantomime stuff than venomous, so perhaps folks should lighten up and be less po faced.

• Like 2

The booing at Cook was just a laugh nothing in it. As cyclone said everyone was having a wee laugh and giggle before and after it.

• Like 1

Well I guess nobody is expecting this one....

Today's supplementary question, which is further west, Edinburgh or Liverpool.  B) 

And no it isn't a trick question :D 

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

The booing at Cook was just a laugh nothing in it. As cyclone said everyone was having a wee laugh and giggle before and after it.

Aye sounds a hoot :unsure:.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cyclone said:

Good racing spectacle this evening, with Cook & Harris imperious, and Starke always seeking to team ride with his partner.

Albeit Tigers were impressive, it was apparent that Monarchs are less than so when on the road, given that last week Ipswich ran Tigers a lot closer at Ashfield..

Pickering, Riss & Nicol get pass marks for the visitors, but the others, especially Worrall, will want to forgot their performances asap.

Hopefully all the crucial remaining Championship fixtures can be completed  this week, and  I would bet on Panthers, Comets, Hammers, & Tigers being the Play-Off qualifiers.

Re the booing of Cookie, I was near a small group who did so,  but they were laughing at their own antics and it appeared to be more light hearted pantomime stuff than venomous, so perhaps folks should lighten up and be less po faced.

:D oh the irony .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

Firstly congratulations to glasgow well deserved winners on the night. Cookie as you say was excellent to watch and a class apart. I would only give pass marks to josh,broc and possibly riss for his effort, the others well the least said the better i think (bad day at the office).

I fear for our play off hopes now.

As for the part highlighted in bold above regards the boo’s, this also really annoyed me and i was standing right in amongst the “booers” , i was tempted to have a word with them as i thought it was bang out of order(the ones next to me wernt laughing and joking)and i would imagine cookie may not have been to chuffed either.(he wasnt to know if it was pantomime stuff or not)

Edited by GhostRider

2 minutes ago, GhostRider said:

Firstly congratulations to glasgow well deserved winners on the night. Cookie as you say was excellent to watch and a class apart. I would only give pass marks to josh and broc, the others well the least said the better i think (bad day at the office).

I fear for our play off hopes now.

As for the part highlighted in bold above regards the boo’s, this also really annoyed me and i was standing right in amongst the “booers” , i was tempted to have a word with them as in thought is was bang out of order  and i would imagine cookie may not have been to chuffed either.

A lot of hate coming about the "boo's". A few 0131's came through last week and booed Craig when going round with his trophy, Craig laughed and gave the thumbs up to them as he obviously knew them. I am assuming it was the same few people(?). Lets not take everything so seriously. 

If he was genuinely booed then some people need to take a good look at themselves.