British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WTF1

Newcastle v Scunthorpe CL 9/9/2018

36 minutes ago, bruno said:

What's happened to Ash?

Heavy fall last week while riding for Wolves, tried riding through the pain, but was advised to rest.

• Like 1

Anyone got any thoughts on what team they would like for next season. Here's who I would like. Wouldn't have a clue how the averages would add up but here goes.

Richie Worrall, Jason Garritty, Tero Aarnio, Josh Pickering, Ashley Morris,  Matty Wethers and one other.

I think Garritty would be a tremendous signing. He has stated Brough is one of his favourite tracks and I think he could put a point or two on his average. Although he might be hard to manage I would take a chance as I think he would put a few extra spectators through the turnstiles. I for one always look forward to watching him. Regardless though I think my choice would have the makings of an exciting team. No matter what I think we need a good clear out and freshen things up. This season was all about consolidating and went better than I thought. Nothing against the team we put out under difficult circumstances but most of this year's team will not improve their averages which means you will never have much chance to win anything. Thoughts?????

24 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Anyone got any thoughts on what team they would like for next season. Here's who I would like. Wouldn't have a clue how the averages would add up but here goes.

Richie Worrall, Jason Garritty, Tero Aarnio, Josh Pickering, Ashley Morris,  Matty Wethers and one other.

I think Garritty would be a tremendous signing. He has stated Brough is one of his favourite tracks and I think he could put a point or two on his average. Although he might be hard to manage I would take a chance as I think he would put a few extra spectators through the turnstiles. I for one always look forward to watching him. Regardless though I think my choice would have the makings of an exciting team. No matter what I think we need a good clear out and freshen things up. This season was all about consolidating and went better than I thought. Nothing against the team we put out under difficult circumstances but most of this year's team will not improve their averages which means you will never have much chance to win anything. Thoughts?????

That loos like a healthy team and, was never a big fan of Matty Wethers, but is definitely one to get back.

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

Not sure about Garrity. People have been saying that for the past few seasons, and supporters for whoever he rides for have always wanted him back. Yet he seems to change clubs every year. There must be an underlying reason for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leander said:

Not sure about Garrity. People have been saying that for the past few seasons, and supporters for whoever he rides for have always wanted him back. Yet he seems to change clubs every year. There must be an underlying reason for that.

Yes I realise he's had a few clubs but never really heard any promoters say they have had trouble with him although he is quite shall we say a bit different to other riders. Ha ha but he's a proper racer and entertainer. I know plenty of diamonds fans who would love him at the club. All about opinions though.

weathers and aarnio have to be the 1st two names for 2019 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That loos like a healthy team and, was never a big fan of Matty Wethers, but is definitely one to get back.

Yes totally agree. The season has probably ended too soon for Matty as he has hit some great form. I think there's definitely more improvement in him. Remember he missed all last season so took him a little time to get up to full steam.

I see on both the diamonds own website and on the bspa weekly round up the diamonds don't have a home fixture on September 23rd is that the home campaign finished or what other reason is there for yet another blank week?

39 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

I see on both the diamonds own website and on the bspa weekly round up the diamonds don't have a home fixture on September 23rd is that the home campaign finished or what other reason is there for yet another blank week?

Maybe it has something to do with completing you're official fixtures and the management don't want to put on a potentially loss making fixture.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mike7164 said:

8 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Maybe it has something to do with completing you're official fixtures and the management don't want to put on a potentially loss making fixture.

We still have to complete the KOCup match against Worky, so 'we could' still have fixtures to run ;)

36 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

We still have to complete the KOCup match against Worky, so 'we could' still have fixtures to run ;)

Rumours that Workington won't get the second leg run in time so may have to forefeit the tie. Not sure how true it is.

2 hours ago, Winditon said:

Rumours that Workington won't get the second leg run in time so may have to forefeit the tie. Not sure how true it is.

It would be such a shame that, after winning the away leg :(

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 9:04 AM, diamond@heart said:

Any news on Matej?

He put on Facebook this morning that his season is over.