British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heathen1984

Cradley v Mildenhall

38 minutes ago, MattJ81 said:

I think the wet weather earlier in the day didn't help, along with the threat of further rain this I'm sure affected the track prep - after (I think) heat 4 they were watering the track which we thought unusual.  

Most likely Cradley's way of trying to slow down the opposition?

On 10 September 2018 at 11:20 PM, Speedway28 said:

I think this is the final most speedway fans were dreading but to play devils advocate, there are positives from this Cradley team. For supporters of Cradley, having a team, whether that be a league side or just in a competition, is better than having no team. Admittedly, the situation with riders is far from ideal with Drew Kemp and Jordan Jenkins having ridden for Cradley in the tournament. However, it should be noted that the Cradley side has provided more racing opportunities for a number of young riders such as Bickley, Hampshire, Edwards and the two previously mentioned. It's also good that Cradley have done well enough to annoy Mr Jolly!! I may watch most of my speedway at Mildenhall, but that man doesn't half talk rubbish. He would start an argument in an empty room, his constant attempts at winding people up are ridiculous and I wouldn't be surprised if he is the most disliked man involved in National League speedway. As a Promotor of a team he should be a lot more professional but unfortunately he never seems to learn his lesson.

On to tomorrow night, can only see Cradley winning. Much will depend on which Max Clegg turns up but I'd expect Cradley to hold an 8-12 point lead on Sunday. If Cradley can take the same side to Mildenhall, the winner of the trophy is anyone's guess. Let's hope for two cracking meetings, with all riders staying safe.

Speaking for myself (and all the supporters I know in our bit of the stands) we all love Kevin and alot of his stances on situations are only because he has a passion for our Team and our sport. We have alot to be thankful to him for, making our speedway at West Row and hearing these views are dissapointing. (Especially from a so called Mild. supporter !)

Alot of people say similar things about Danny Ayres but to us it just shows his will to win, and ok they both wear their hearts on their sleeves, but don't forget its also entertainment ...we go there to be entertained don't we ?

As for Cradley, I'm a mildenhall fan but I don't want to see Cradley stop running, all we ask is when the powers that be make the rules for guest teams they make sure its fair for the normal teams as far as team selections are concerned.  The same rules should apply to everyone...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Most likely Cradley's way of trying to slow down the opposition?

I wouldn't imagine so for a second, and if it was it didn't work as Kyle Bickley slid off in the next race anyway.  

I guess they put as little water down as poss beforehand as it had rained a lot earlier in the day so they were trying to keep it as good as possible as they went along, but then I know nothing of track preparation!

I really don't see anything wrong with Cradley entering a team in the NT this year & if it keeps the club running thats good, but by allowing them to cherry pick any riders they want from all the other teams (to get under the points limit) means they were guaranteed to at least reach the final.  This is what has caused unnecessary friction with the rest of the league and pretty much made the trophy a non event for the other teams, which must have affected their crowds. There were plenty of riders without team places to make up a competitive team, why were they not told to make up a team from these riders.  Fair play to Mildenhall this year & good luck in the 2nd leg. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MattJ81 said:

I wouldn't imagine so for a second, and if it was it didn't work as Kyle Bickley slid off in the next race anyway.  

I guess they put as little water down as poss beforehand as it had rained a lot earlier in the day so they were trying to keep it as good as possible as they went along, but then I know nothing of track preparation!

Just joking Matt......I think Wolverhampton's track has been very inconsistent this season....Wolves are renowned for changing their surface mid-meeting to fox the opposition !

Peter Adams as much as admitted it when interviewed on BT Sport during one of their live fixtures!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flipper11 said:

I really don't see anything wrong with Cradley entering a team in the NT this year & if it keeps the club running thats good, but by allowing them to cherry pick any riders they want from all the other teams (to get under the points limit) means they were guaranteed to at least reach the final.  This is what has caused unnecessary friction with the rest of the league and pretty much made the trophy a non event for the other teams, which must have affected their crowds. There were plenty of riders without team places to make up a competitive team, why were they not told to make up a team from these riders.  Fair play to Mildenhall this year & good luck in the 2nd leg. 

Have to disagree about a guaranteed Final place?

If we 'Birmingham' had got a FULL team, we'd have beaten them at Perry Barr ....for certain !

And in 'Cradley's' defence (so to speak...) they used that many different riders, coupled with the fact that they didn't have as many meetings (at Monmore) 'they hardly had much 'home' advantage ?

Not that they needed it !  :D

16 hours ago, Heathen1984 said:

Yep id say defo our last meeting ever Argos. Club will be finished which some on here seem happy about

I reckon Covs last ever coming up soon as well ,  sad times for 2 famous clubs , 

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Never going to be a classic on a track as tricky/dire as Wolverhampton!

A few  years ago I saw some really good racing at Wolves and enjoyed my visits.

Sadly recently the quality of racing has seriously deteriorated 

6 hours ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Speaking for myself (and all the supporters I know in our bit of the stands) we all love Kevin and alot of his stances on situations are only because he has a passion for our Team and our sport. We have alot to be thankful to him for, making our speedway at West Row and hearing these views are dissapointing. (Especially from a so called Mild. supporter !)

Alot of people say similar things about Danny Ayres but to us it just shows his will to win, and ok they both wear their hearts on their sleeves, but don't forget its also entertainment ...we go there to be entertained don't we ?

As for Cradley, I'm a mildenhall fan but I don't want to see Cradley stop running, all we ask is when the powers that be make the rules for guest teams they make sure its fair for the normal teams as far as team selections are concerned.  The same rules should apply to everyone...

I accept that fans like him because of passion, which is clear, but to me he lacks professionalism in the way he runs the club. Don't get me wrong, he's built a fantastic side this year and I really do hope the team can win it all this year because that will be the success he deserves. I just think he takes it too far at times and his comments are often unnecessary. The way I have heard him talk to riders around the pits of opposition also has been frankly remarkable and I firmly believe he lacks respect at times. Plymouth at home last year being an example when him and James Easter decided to call out the Plymouth team on the PA despite the fact that his own side also couldn't get round the track!! I think the fact I'm a Mildenhall supporter is irrelevant, if anything it qualifies me to comment more having seen his actions more than fans of other teams. 

Danny Ayres is different, he's a rider, not a Promotor. I believe that Mr Jolly has a lot more responsibility within the sport to act in the right manner.

However, a fantastic result for the team last night. Hope Ryan isn't too badly injured, the real surprise of the side this year, has been superb. 

Used to get fantastic racing but not been so good of late,not sure if it's the lack of top riders,the track or the bikes which have changed or maybe a combination of all 3

18 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

I accept that fans like him because of passion, which is clear, but to me he lacks professionalism in the way he runs the club. Don't get me wrong, he's built a fantastic side this year and I really do hope the team can win it all this year because that will be the success he deserves. I just think he takes it too far at times and his comments are often unnecessary. The way I have heard him talk to riders around the pits of opposition also has been frankly remarkable and I firmly believe he lacks respect at times. Plymouth at home last year being an example when him and James Easter decided to call out the Plymouth team on the PA despite the fact that his own side also couldn't get round the track!! I think the fact I'm a Mildenhall supporter is irrelevant, if anything it qualifies me to comment more having seen his actions more than fans of other teams.

Danny Ayres is different, he's a rider, not a Promotor. I believe that Mr Jolly has a lot more responsibility within the sport to act in the right manner.

However, a fantastic result for the team last night. Hope Ryan isn't too badly injured, the real surprise of the side this year, has been superb.

I think your criticism with your words "professionalism" hits the nail on the head...because the National League is Not "professional" its all amateur, but in any case I would much rather see a bit of emotion and will to win, rather then someone "biting their lip", to me it just shows he cares....but hey you are entitled to your opinion.

Don't forget he has to hold down a full time job as well as running a speedway club and I for one appreciate it, we could have easily lost speedway altogether if it wasn't for all their efforts. Whatever his style you can't knock his results !        

2 hours ago, AntiqueSteve said:

I think your criticism with your words "professionalism" hits the nail on the head...because the National League is Not "professional" its all amateur, but in any case I would much rather see a bit of emotion and will to win, rather then someone "biting their lip", to me it just shows he cares....but hey you are entitled to your opinion.

Don't forget he has to hold down a full time job as well as running a speedway club and I for one appreciate it, we could have easily lost speedway altogether if it wasn't for all their efforts. Whatever his style you can't knock his results !        

It may be amateur but he still has to be professional surely?! He can show he cares without acting like he has previously. I'm sure people appreciate the fact that he has kept speedway going at Mildenhall but it is a promotor's choice to run a speedway team is it not? He's done a fantastic job but I just told don't believe he does things the right way. But hey, like you say, all about opinions. 

16 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

It may be amateur but he still has to be professional surely?! He can show he cares without acting like he has previously. I'm sure people appreciate the fact that he has kept speedway going at Mildenhall but it is a promotor's choice to run a speedway team is it not? He's done a fantastic job but I just told don't believe he does things the right way. But hey, like you say, all about opinions.

It must be so nice to be perfect...........

1 hour ago, AntiqueSteve said:

It must be so nice to be perfect...........

This forum truly is a wonderful place. You can't state an opinion without it being shot down instantly.

2 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

This forum truly is a wonderful place. You can't state an opinion without it being shot down instantly.

We agree !...the Forum is a lovely place,  but Its very easy to criticise from the comfort of a keyboard, which is why I feel strongly enough to defend people who stake their own money, not to mention time, and whether you agree with their management style or not have given us one of the most successful teams in Years

Maybe if you were putting your money on the table you might get hot under the collar from time to time