British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heathen1984

Cradley v Mildenhall

i really no longer give a flying **** what people think of me..seen it..done it..and hardly regret a minute of my 40 odd years experience.

However I will always defend kevin...nobody works harder at a promotion ..he works long long hours, passionately cares about his team and the sport in general. his knowledge of bikes, engines and riders is amazing, and to my experience has always acted in a totally honest way. People may not enjoy his approach, indeed at times that can be understood, but i would defend his name and reputation without question. His Financial honesty is without question, riders love Mildenhall because they get exactly what he promises them, he keeps his word, and his home spun logic is entirely praiseworthy 

Believe me being a Promoter is a thankless task..the old adage.."How do you make a small fortune at Speedway...you need to start off with a big one" 

People like Kevin jolly are few and far between, unlike many I would name...Mildenhall fans are lucky..and the really nice factor is that they do value and appreciate him

James

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spiegal said:

i really no longer give a flying **** what people think of me..seen it..done it..and hardly regret a minute of my 40 odd years experience.

However I will always defend kevin...nobody works harder at a promotion ..he works long long hours, passionately cares about his team and the sport in general. his knowledge of bikes, engines and riders is amazing, and to my experience has always acted in a totally honest way. People may not enjoy his approach, indeed at times that can be understood, but i would defend his name and reputation without question. His Financial honesty is without question, riders love Mildenhall because they get exactly what he promises them, he keeps his word, and his home spun logic is entirely praiseworthy

Believe me being a Promoter is a thankless task..the old adage.."How do you make a small fortune at Speedway...you need to start off with a big one"

People like Kevin jolly are few and far between, unlike many I would name...Mildenhall fans are lucky..and the really nice factor is that they do value and appreciate him

James

Very well said James !...totally agree

In the final of a National Comp can you get any thing more ridiculous than Jack Smith guesting for Drew Kemp who is riding for the other Team,and they wonder why people don't take the sport seriously.Joke.

Could have been even more ridiculous if Cradley had chosen to use rider-replacement for Kemp! Had Danny Ayres not been injured and Jordan Jenkins not been injured at Birmingham earlier in the season, there could well have been three riders riding for both teams!!!! 

7 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Could have been even more ridiculous if Cradley had chosen to use rider-replacement for Kemp! Had Danny Ayres not been injured and Jordan Jenkins not been injured at Birmingham earlier in the season, there could well have been three riders riding for both teams!!!! 

Best of intentions to let Cradley compete in the NT but again it shows speedway bosses at annual meetings don't think things through.

This could have been foreseen.

The same could be said for FRN.

Same for banning some Championship clubs from riding on a Friday because a shortage of guests. 

For goodness sake: stop some clubs running because others can't get a guest. 

The speedway world has gone mad, but then we knew that.

I could give my real opinion but that would probably get me banned for profane and offensive language (quite rightly) but I am sure you get my drift with my "polite" words.

• Like 1