British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Kent v Belle Vue 10/9/18

I must say, I went to central park last night with low expectations, but it turned out to be a pretty decent meeting. Kent had their fair share of misfortune, but the depleted Colts side battled well, and there was some good racing. Well done to both sides for putting on a show, and especially Paul Bowen who was very impressive.

Agree with Cityrebel. Maybe I had better expectations that he did, but it was a very good meeting sadly ruined by an injury

to Paul Hurry who got taken off in the ambulance. Don't know his injuries, but the meeting was held up for half an hour, so it

wasn't just bruising. Some of the overtaking moves had my heart in my mouth with Stoneman in the thick of it..

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Agree with Cityrebel. Maybe I had better expectations that he did, but it was a very good meeting sadly ruined by an injury

to Paul Hurry who got taken off in the ambulance. Don't know his injuries, but the meeting was held up for half an hour, so it

wasn't just bruising. Some of the overtaking moves had my heart in my mouth with Stoneman in the thick of it..

From Lakeside Hammers twitter

"Sending our very best wishes to our former Hammer Paul Hurry suffered a dislocated kneecap, 2 broken bones in his wrist, rib and back injuries riding for Kent Kings last night. Get well soon Paul"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

From Lakeside Hammers twitter

"Sending our very best wishes to our former Hammer Paul Hurry suffered a dislocated kneecap, 2 broken bones in his wrist, rib and back injuries riding for Kent Kings last night. Get well soon Paul"

I'm not surprised, it looked a nasty one.

• Like 1

Tbh, when he went over I thought his injurys would actually be far worse, considering the state of the man's body. So I am glad he has not reciev3d any life changing injuries. He has been highly entertaining to watch the few meets we have had him. But with his average dropping at the end of the month we could have troubles in the play offs.

23 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Tbh, when he went over I thought his injurys would actually be far worse, considering the state of the man's body. So I am glad he has not reciev3d any life changing injuries. He has been highly entertaining to watch the few meets we have had him. But with his average dropping at the end of the month we could have troubles in the play offs.

He won’t even be number 1, so R/R it is and that’s Kent’s hopes over.