British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Swindon. KO Cup semi final 2nd leg. 17/9/18

Adam scored 11 points at Kings Lynn a couple of weeks ago so a big loss and as R/R only Tobi, David and the reserves can take the rides

• Like 1

Game over Adam who has been great this year is a real miss i felt we had a little squeak left tonight oh well it is not to be.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Campos and Pijper. Really?!

We knocked Rye out in May and have had all summer to ride this and now we end up at the SF stage with half the team missing.

What is the point of running the KO Cup if the promoters are only going to pay lip service to it? That Thursday in May could have been used to run the outstanding league fixture in the timeframe required i.e. by the time the PO started.

A shambles of a sport, run by absolute cretins. Still I look forward to ‘the best ever AGM’, a lowering of the points limit, an amalgamation of the leagues and the remaining quality drained out of the league just because these clueless clowns continue to lack the brains to figure out what is required to turn the sport around to give the supporters what they want.

Not sure the injuries and guests have changed the result, Kings Lynn very strong at Home but now it will probably be a thrashing with very few decent races.

On 9/16/2018 at 2:07 PM, Bagpuss said:

The Tru Plant Stars are offering supporters a unique experience during Monday’s Semi-Final. For just £5 extra on top of their admission fee, supporters will have the opportunity to watch three races from the infield.

Tickets will be available at the programme sales stand inside the turnstiles and will be limited to 30 persons per session.

Subject to availability, supporters will be able to select from the following sessions: heats 3-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15.

I like this idea, it's not groundbreaking nor will it mend speedway's ills but it's a decent opportunity for the club and supporters alike. :t:

6 minutes ago, NickH114 said:

Paul Starke at 7 for Swindon tonight according to updates.

won't fit

13 minutes ago, NickH114 said:

Paul Starke at 7 for Swindon tonight according to updates.

Can't be.  Average is much too high!!

4 minutes ago, Trumpy said:

Campos & Pijper

Talk about throwing in the towel before the meeting has even begun.

Surely Swindon could have got better riders to guest.

Campos was Lynn's number 8 for tonight.. So was the cheapest/easiest option I guess. Buster must of agreed to help out I suppose.