British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Swindon. KO Cup semi final 2nd leg. 17/9/18

Not sure if Ty will be back in time for this one, but i'm thinking a Lynn win by 12-14 on the night.

The last time the Robins were in town it finished 49-41.

Since then the Stars have Riss in place of Garrity, and MPT riding at reserve, with Riss taking up the number 2 spot.

Thoughts......

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

Can't see 6 points being enough and having  only a 6 man team won't help. MPT will clean up at reserve unless it's his turn to have a night off.

Lynn to clinch a final spot.  What I would like to see is NKI showing some form at Saddlebow to take into the play-offs.

12 point home win

Should be able to finish the job off but Swindon’s top five are more than capable of making life difficult and absolutely nothing should be taken for granted.

• Like 4

Should be comfortable Lynn win, about 14 point margin.

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Should be able to finish the job off but Swindon’s top five are more than capable of making life difficult and absolutely nothing should be taken for granted.

They are Baggy. The Stars will need Lambo/ NKI to be on it, with heats 13 and 15 very important, as is MPT's score from reserve. I would hope something like..

NKI/Lambo... 20

Engine room of Riss, TJ and Ty (if fit)…. 20

MPT 9 from 5

S. Lambert 3

If Its RR then of course some riders points will go up a bit.

Keeping positive, but anything can happen on the night:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

OK. What a ridiculous night to run this on. They are going up against Somerset V Poole on BT, the other playoff semi final and a meeting Kings Lynn fans will be interested in. So they run against it. 

Are there no other dates available?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

OK. What a ridiculous night to run this on. They are going up against Somerset V Poole on BT, the other playoff semi final and a meeting Kings Lynn fans will be interested in. So they run against it. 

Obviously not.... just following updates will be enough for the Lynn fans re Somerset/Poole, watch it next day.... 

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You ought to realise by now that Speedway is dictated by the TV  schedule.   The KO 2nd leg could have be on Wednesday for all we cared, but would that have clashed with Denmark??     Of cause the Lynn fans would want to see the PO 1st leg,   so would the travelling Swindon  fans,   but we will have to make do watching the recording.... 

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s that old chestnut rider availability I’d imagine. Personally I’d go to Lynn given the choice (if the weather is ok!) and record the TV meeting.

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s that old chestnut rider availability I’d imagine. Personally I’d go to Lynn given the choice (if the weather is ok!) and record the TV meeting.

agreed why wouldn't you go and support your own team & club you can record the tv match also plenty of repeats of it !! you can't deter the result of the tv match !! you have to get your backside to the trackside to support your team/club !! to many armchair gogglebox watchers !!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, g13webb said:

You ought to realise by now that Speedway is dictated by the TV  schedule.   The KO 2nd leg could have be on Wednesday for all we cared, but would that have clashed with Denmark??     Of cause the Lynn fans would want to see the PO 1st leg,   so would the travelling Swindon  fans,   but we will have to make do watching the recording.... 

Shouldn't think many would make the journey from the west country, little interest in the Cup judging by last night's crowd. Those that pay for BT Sport will record it.

Will watch the PO on tv and have Updates on keeping track of the KOC meeting.

suppose KL could run on a day not allocated for FRN, just like Poole did .....

Danish Championship Final this and next Wednesday apparently.