British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Peterborough ICL

WEDNESDAY'S TEAMS (in alphabetical order)
BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, Dany Gappmaier, Jason Garrity, Sam Masters, Ashley Morris, James Shanes.
PETERBOROUGH: Ben Barker, David Howe, Simon Lambert, Ulrich Ostergaard, Paul Starke, Jordan Stewart

Shame about the injuries depleting the original line-up and the absence of 'Bomber'......but still a far better line-up than what we've been used to this season.

Hoping that a good turn out can influence our managements plans for next season.

No David Howe now either i am led to believe. There is no chance i am afraid of a big turn out tonight in my humble opinion i think there is a few factors which will keep people away so if the attendance is to gauge what next seasons plans are well lets settle in now for another season in the NL . I have already spoke to a couple of sth this morning who are feeling to deflated from the weekend to go  but i will be there and i have no doubt it will  be a cracking meeting ..

Like you say...it should be  a cracking meeting, especially if last season's Tony Mole farewell is anything to go by?

I think the Mason's are realistic and will understand the lack of interest due to recent injuries (especially to Tom....)

It's getting colder too : ) might have to take this one inside tonight : ) LOL

I'd go if I lived local to Brum, but I wouldn't travel miles to watch it. It's just a shame that so many riders have had to pull out.

I've seen mention that Sam Masters has been told by the BSPA he cannot ride in tonight's meeting?

Can anyone shed any further light on this?

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I've seen mention that Sam Masters has been told by the BSPA he cannot ride in tonight's meeting?

All i know is sam masters has confirmed that the bspa are not allowing him to ride i he has been announced in the line up for 3 weeks utter ridiculous .

I can only assume its because he does not ride in the championship this year.. another own goal by the bspa only people it affects is the fans once again..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Oh no......it's turning in to another 'circus' .....drives you mad !

I think it's in the best interest of Birmingham Speedway/Owner's/management to get something out there publicly re: the line-ups ?

You can't expect people to turn up not knowing who's going to be riding?

We need something 'Official' and legitimate!?

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

I think it's in the best interest of Birmingham Speedway/Owner's/management to get something out there publicly re: the line-ups ?

You can't expect people to turn up not knowing who's going to be riding?

We need something 'Official' and legitimate!?

That is off the offical Birmingham twitter feed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

That is off the offical Birmingham twitter feed

Cheers....

The main website needs updating too!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Filling in the programme will be a nightmare tonight!

I think they've got time to put an 'insert' in ?

3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Filling in the programme will be a nightmare tonight!

After living in speedway-less towns for the last 9 years I could just draw it all myself tonight if necessary! :D

I genuinely cannot wait for the meeting. The story of forming these line-ups is something to reflect on when it's done. At the moment I'm just grateful to the managers for sorting out a good bunch of riders despite all the obstacles, and to the skies for brightening up in the morning!

• Like 2