British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Peterborough ICL

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

What a pointless match, Birmingham with none of there 2018 riders and Peterborough with just two and as theres only six riders listed for the Panthers assume its Rider Replacement as well. Why not use some of younger riders, its not even an inter lge match its a match of two select teams. 

Apparently this is a trial for the format for league matches next year

Hope it is infinitely better than Godfrey’s format from a few years ago otherwise we might as well give up on Speedway

Edited by Gunner85

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Not true 

Incorrect

also incorrect

Yes i was incorrect forgot about Shanes

Now know its six man teams not seven

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Yes i was incorrect forgot about Shanes

Now know its six man teams not seven

Take it your not making the trip then don't forget Nicholls and bacon were going to also ride and you will have to find guests for them to complete the season also bwd is unavailable as riding for Somerset . Leon flint is not allowed as he is too young bacon as said would of been riding for you danyon is injured  that only leaves are reserves who aren't even competitive in the NL .

Last time i went to Birmingham for a speedway match was at the wheels complex in the 80s in the days of Doug Wyer and Reg Wilson, it was a total dust bowl that day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Last time i went to Birmingham for a speedway match was at the wheels complex in the 80s in the days of Doug Wyer and Reg Wilson, it was a total dust bowl that day. 

giving your age away there buddy 

meeting poor to rubbish.

crowd average to poor .

maybe the track had something to play in it but as a spectacle 3/10 tops 

and to top it off only danny gappmaier could be arsed to ride the f2 bikes after credit to him .. 

rubbish format also needs tweaking if you get a injured rider they cant be replaced in 13-15 if you got a couple its meeting over for you   

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

I thought the crowd was good, only seen Cradley at home a better attendance. Considering its an extra 3 pound tonight for a challenge match aswell. They will be pleased.

Racing I agree wasnt great but again its a challenge. It was good to see Barker back and on on fire, if we do move up would love him back. That Gappmeier looks half decent aswell. 

Edited by Brummie Kev

Crowd was decent. Be interesting to hear what the Masons make of tonight if they judge it a success or not.

as far as the management goes I wish them all the success they deserve, they work hard for it.

They looked after us really well as guests of the club doing demonstration cycle speedway racing.  

Wasn't the best racing this season.....may be we expected too much ?

Race win times were slower than the NL ones ? : )

I think we have to remember that a lot of the riders still have something to ride for with their respective clubs and may be didn't push it as much as they normally would have?

Gappmaier looked impressive, as did Ashley Morris and it was good to see 'Barker's' trademark move on bends 1/2.....first time I've seen it this season....that guy has got some bottle!

The only rider that looked out of place, was Lambert ? he really struggled for some reason ? 

Still, it was good to see '4' riders hitting the first bend from the tapes, as we only usually see 1 or 2 in the NL.

Crowd looked reasonable considering !

Well done to the club for 'putting' this meeting together!

Think Rambo is getting married shortly and going through the motions, don't be surprised if he hammers in big scores throughout the play offs for P'boro

• Like 1

P.s May be I'm traditionalist ? but I'm not a fan of the 6 man formula?    several reasons....most notably, if an injury occurs during the match ? who wants to watch 3 riders in a race?

Also, handicapping riders for 2 mins/tape infringements holds no weight either!

There needs to be a 7th man...... imo !

Didn't think it was too bad last night

Six man format seemed to work OK until Garrity pulled out

Personally I would ditch heats 13 & 14 so each rider gets 4 rides perhaps make No. 6 lowest average rider and designated reserve

Not perfect I know but there are problems with 7 rider teams

Crowd didn't seem too bad either

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Crowd was decent. Be interesting to hear what the Masons make of tonight if they judge it a success or not.

as far as the management goes I wish them all the success they deserve, they work hard for it.

They looked after us really well as guests of the club doing demonstration cycle speedway racing.  

Have to say stevebrum as someone who has "moved over" from Coventry the promotion do actually try

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sancho said:

Have to say stevebrum as someone who has "moved over" from Coventry the promotion do actually try

One of the rare breed of promotions who do actually promote!