British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Peterborough ICL

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

One of the rare breed of promotions who do actually promote!

The 'Promoters' have been brilliant this season......they've worked really hard to try and generate interest and I think it's been unbelievable they way they've involved the 'kids' (future of the sport)

Hats off to the 'management' and their efforts!

P.s enjoyed the 'Cycle Speedway' demos....shame they can't get a make shift track on the centre green and make it a regular feature.?

I wonder how many kids went home and added a cycle speedway bike to their Xmas list?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

giving your age away there buddy 

Maybe: but i could of been there with my parents. 

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

One of the rare breed of promotions who do actually promote!

The BSPA will beat that out of them. Are the Mason's licensed as promoters yet or are they still operating under Laurence Rogers's license? Calming down and not showing-up their fellow promoters may be a condition of their licenses getting granted when the time comes ;)

• Like 1

In my opinion, the 6-man format seems to have possibilities - but with all of the riders having five rides, it would be very difficult to work out a fair method of applying rider-replacement if it was needed. Not that I would be sorry to see the rider-replacement rule scrapped!

12 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

The 'Promoters' have been brilliant this season......they've worked really hard to try and generate interest and I think it's been unbelievable they way they've involved the 'kids' (future of the sport)

Hats off to the 'management' and their efforts!

P.s enjoyed the 'Cycle Speedway' demos....shame they can't get a make shift track on the centre green and make it a regular feature.?

I wonder how many kids went home and added a cycle speedway bike to their Xmas list?

Absolutely.

i think on the whole the ‘demo’ went ok and worked better on the centre green and fair play to some of the riders for having a go.

we certainly had a few kids and parents showing interest so proof will be if they start to come down to our track!

a regular feature you say? I’d happily be available to coach that :t:

• Like 2

On 9/12/2018 at 11:08 PM, stevebrum said:

Crowd was decent. Be interesting to hear what the Masons make of tonight if they judge it a success or not.

as far as the management goes I wish them all the success they deserve, they work hard for it.

They looked after us really well as guests of the club doing demonstration cycle speedway racing.  

It was good to see the cycle speedway demonstration at Perry Barr the other night, your only based down the road in Perry Park so its good to forge links with other clubs. I will have to go and watch cycle speedway sometime, never seen other than on wednesday!

On 9/13/2018 at 10:13 AM, GiveusaB said:

P.s May be I'm traditionalist ? but I'm not a fan of the 6 man formula?    several reasons....most notably, if an injury occurs during the match ? who wants to watch 3 riders in a race?

Also, handicapping riders for 2 mins/tape infringements holds no weight either!

There needs to be a 7th man...... imo !

Its not perfect and as we saw with Garrity withdrawing from the meeting, it means you can only track 1 rider in the nominated heats of 13 and 14. Why couldnt one of the riders that were in Heat 14 also ride in Heat 13 as cover, aslong as their average is lesser than Garrity. 

I do think the six man teams can work and without doubt we need a change to the current format as there's less and less riders now. It just needs a bit more thought, it shouldn't hinder the progress of young brits which is my worry. 

1 hour ago, Brummie Kev said:

It was good to see the cycle speedway demonstration at Perry Barr the other night, your only based down the road in Perry Park so its good to forge links with other clubs. I will have to go and watch cycle speedway sometime, never seen other than on wednesday!

Glad you enjoyed it. Yes we are pretty close and I’m hoping that the links will be explored more next year with the possibility of the 2019 boys coming to our track for some racing!

I have already started exploring new links with Lee so hopefully it won’t be the last time the Monarchs have a presence at Birmingham.:wink:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Glad you enjoyed it. Yes we are pretty close and I’m hoping that the links will be explored more next year with the possibility of the 2019 boys coming to our track for some racing!

I have already started exploring new links with Lee so hopefully it won’t be the last time the Monarchs have a presence at Birmingham.:wink:

Hellingly Lions have connections with Eastbourne Speedway that goes back years. They still have their fixtures advertised in the Eagles programme.

• Like 1