British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

To me the biggest club is the one that has the history and prestige not about who has won the most in the last 10 years lol

Ask non speedway fans to name a speedway club and they would say Belle Vue maybe Cradley or Coventry.

So you are saying that Man City are a bigger club then Man Utd or that Huddersfield are bigger than Leeds or Aston Villa.

Belle Vue are the biggest club in British speedway right now. Not the most successful true but they are the biggest in name

All about winning mate. And anybody who disagree's is a liar, and i stick by that..

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

All about winning mate. And anybody who disagree's is a liar, and i stick by that..

So are Man City bigger than Man United?

How far back do you go? 

Poole haven’t won the league for 3 years now if they don’t win this year.......so by your line of reasoning Poole are not the biggest club. 

You can’t just say it’s about winning such a blinkered view....but expected.

I guess speedway history only started in 2003 lol

Edited by Gavan

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

It's not all about winning through the 60/70/80 it was about speedway racing not follow the leader like today win lose what ever the crowds were still coming .I still say the biggest killer for speedway was the lay down engine alter the centre of gravity and they became easy to ride open the throttle and go.And you must still remember Bell Vue and Coventry have won more top league titles than Poole

36 minutes ago, colin wood said:

If you surveyed all the fans on where they would rather watch speedway either at BV or Poole i think most would pick BV.Says it all really.

Yes but we can't all go to Manchester every week! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

It's not all about winning through the 60/70/80 it was about speedway racing not follow the leader like today win lose what ever the crowds were still coming .I still say the biggest killer for speedway was the lay down engine alter the centre of gravity and they became easy to ride open the throttle and go.And you must still remember Bell Vue and Coventry have won more top league titles than Poole

Well apparently it only the last 10 years or so that makes a club a big club. 

Belle Vue the biggest and best known speedway club in the uk. 

Determining the " biggest club" is surely more about history +achievements  . That will put Poole way down the list particularly when compared to a club like the Aces.

Form is temporary class is permanent as someone once said.:D

39 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Not going on there attendances its not... Jeez, i could count them on the last BT meeting..

I didn't expect you to understand the post.It was about which track produces the best racing ,BV or Poole. Most fans I'm sure would pick BV.No one is interested in your attempts to count the crowd at the NSS from the tap room of your local boozer.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What has Belle Vue got to do with 'Poole 2019'?

I really don’t know. A club once big but that is ancient history. Ask a sports fan in the street and Poole would be the first name mentioned, if they knew a team. Our dominance since the start of the millenium speaks for itself.

When Belle Vue can come back and win 7 titles and three on the bounce perhaps they could be considered. But as of now there’s only one team and that’s clearly Pirates. Anyone who disputes this is either a troll or deluded. Simple as that really.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

To me the biggest club is the one that has the history and prestige not about who has won the most in the last 10 years lol

Ask non speedway fans to name a speedway club and they would say Belle Vue maybe Cradley or Coventry.

So you are saying that Man City are a bigger club then Man Utd or that Huddersfield are bigger than Leeds or Aston Villa.

Belle Vue are the biggest club in British speedway right now. Not the most successful true but they are the biggest in name

Yes agree with Cradley Heath & Coventry, could put Wimbledon on that list

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I really don’t know. A club once big but that is ancient history. Ask a sports fan in the street and Poole would be the first name mentioned, if they knew a team. Our dominance since the start of the millenium speaks for itself.

When Belle Vue can come back and win 7 titles and three on the bounce perhaps they could be considered. But as of now there’s only one team and that’s clearly Pirates. Anyone who disputes this is either a troll or deluded. Simple as that really.

That is the biggest load of sh!te I have read for a while!  I believe that if you asked Joe Public (who are not speedway fans) about famous Speedway teams, they would probably mention Belle Vue, Wimbledon, White City and even Coventry before they would think about Poole!

Yes, Poole have had good successes in the last decade but no way on earth can you compare that to the history of Belle Vue.

Anyone who agrees with you is either a troll or deluded.  Simple as that really!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Not going on there attendances its not... Jeez, i could count them on the last BT meeting..

That explains it, he got to 10 and had no more fingers to count on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JCookie said:

That explains it, he got to 10 and had no more fingers to count on.

Yep so i used me toes. Didnt need anymore .:)

1 hour ago, colin wood said:

I didn't expect you to understand the post.It was about which track produces the best racing ,BV or Poole. Most fans I'm sure would pick BV.No one is interested in your attempts to count the crowd at the NSS from the tap room of your local boozer.

Local Boozer, thats how much you dont know about me. I dont drink..:rofl: Even they are packing up as they dont get the crowds anymore..

Edited by Starman2006