British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

Determining the " biggest club" is surely more about history +achievements  . That will put Poole way down the list particularly when compared to a club like the Aces.

Form is temporary class is permanent as someone once said.:D

Way down the list, what other clubs are in front then on winning Trophies in modern speedway ?

1 hour ago, Booey boy said:

It's not all about winning through the 60/70/80 it was about speedway racing not follow the leader like today win lose what ever the crowds were still coming .I still say the biggest killer for speedway was the lay down engine alter the centre of gravity and they became easy to ride open the throttle and go.And you must still remember Bell Vue and Coventry have won more top league titles than Poole

Its all about wining mate, simple as..  You ask any Dart player Speedway rider Jockey  I do agree about the lay down engine though. To a certain extent is is open the throttle and go, unless you are Darcy Ward Chris Holder, but dont they use lay downs in the GP's ? Any good rider can still make a pass. So that sort of blows your thiery away.

57 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I really don’t know. A club once big but that is ancient history. Ask a sports fan in the street and Poole would be the first name mentioned, if they knew a team. Our dominance since the start of the millenium speaks for itself.

When Belle Vue can come back and win 7 titles and three on the bounce perhaps they could be considered. But as of now there’s only one team and that’s clearly Pirates. Anyone who disputes this is either a troll or deluded. Simple as that really.

Honestly you surely cannot believe the tripe you write......

Who is the biggest football club?

Man City or Man Utd

Huddersfield or Leeds

Bournemouth or Aston Villa

You think the man on the street would say Poole if asked to name a speedway team lol.

For someone to write the post you have your are either totally delusional or trollong

Oh and the definition of troll is someone who says something to deliberately inflame.... see your post for details

There are probably at least 4 or 5 clubs bigger than Poole...........or in your little world did speedway only start in the year 2000???

You do write a lot of garbage but this post is your best yet

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Its all about wining mate, simple as..  You ask any Dart player Speedway rider Jockey  I do agree about the lay down engine though. To a certain extent is is open the throttle and go, unless you are Darcy Ward Chris Holder, but dont they use lay downs in the GP's ? Any good rider can still make a pass. So that sort of blows your thiery away.

totally agree, when I "used to go" couldn't care less if there was no passing as long as red and blue were out in front!

26 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Way down the list, what other clubs are in front then on winning Trophies in modern speedway ?

If you had enough intelligence to enable you to understand my post you wouldn't need to ask this question.

3 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

If you had enough intelligence to enable you to understand my post you wouldn't need to ask this question.

You must realise that speedway didn’t exist before Poole started winning 

You also must realise that Manchester City, Chelsea and Leicester are bigger clubs than Man Utd as they haven’t won the league for a while.

Lets say this year Somerset win it and then do so for the next 2 years. Does that make them bigger than Poole?? No it doesn’t 

It’s just the same load of tripe from the same posters 

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You must realise that speedway didn’t exist before Poole started winning 

You also must realise that Manchester City, Chelsea and Leicester are bigger clubs than Man Utd as they haven’t won the league for a while.

Lets say this year Somerset win it and then do so for the next 2 years. Does that make them bigger than Poole?? No it doesn’t 

It’s just the same load of tripe from the same posters 

A little while back Skidder asked " what it all had to do with Poole 2019?"  I suppose we could say it's closer to the topic than the comedy being posted by Shovlar & his shadow.:D

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

To me the biggest club is the one that has the history and prestige not about who has won the most in the last 10 years lol

Ask non speedway fans to name a speedway club and they would say Belle Vue maybe Cradley or Coventry.

So you are saying that Man City are a bigger club then Man Utd or that Huddersfield are bigger than Leeds or Aston Villa.

Belle Vue are the biggest club in British speedway right now. Not the most successful true but they are the biggest in name

Belle Vue certainly have always been  the biggest club,  Poole for years were nobody also rans most of the time a .great club still  and the majority of there fans Poole  ( who are not deluded)   are pretty impartial and are really good and loyal fans.Coventry,Cradley, Wolves, and ( Ipswich to an extent were the best teams generally over a period  Reading 73 and Sheffield 74 were really good sides to.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Since 2000 which I would call the modern era Poole have been the most successful club with Coventry not far behind.  But Belle Vue remain the ‘most successful’ of all time currently even though they have have failed to win a league title for 25 years. 

Anyway back to Poole 2019 - Top 4 of Chris Holder, Jack Holder, Chris Harris & Brady Kurtz.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

... and you definitely whine :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Anyway back to Poole 2019 - Top 4 of Chris Holder, Jack Holder, Chris Harris & Brady Kurtz.

That ain’t going to happen.

More likely Klindt, Woryna, Jakobsen and Kurtz. 

If the league is being dumbed down yet again riders like Nicolai will be the top men.

14 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Since 2000 which I would call the modern era Poole have been the most successful club with Coventry not far behind.  But Belle Vue remain the ‘most successful’ of all time currently even though they have have failed to win a league title for 25 years. 

100% agree

Nobody can argue against Pooles success in recent times 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Cant see any Holder riding for Poole next year

7 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I think it's also fair to remind Shovlar & starman  that The aces have been running continuously since 1928, even operating through WW2. A history that no other club operating currently can match I believe. For their part The pirates didn't get started until twenty years later (1948) and there have been gaps in their history where the club has closed down for periods.

When considering greatness history is most important, it's unfair to just select a short period (as you call it the modern era ) & expect everyone to forget the rest , to justify a claim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

Yes agree with Cradley Heath & Coventry, could put Wimbledon on that list

How are these three ‘bigger’ clubs doing now? Sadly they are all but dead.

This one club is bigger than another is absolute BS. What are the rules, criteria and why does it matter? From what I have just read Nottingham Forest are a bigger club than Man City. 

Belle Vue are a famous name but I believe today, the response (regarding name me a Speedway Team) would very much depend on the age group questioned. 

• Like 1