British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

We will see Steve ;)

Well watching Chris Holder's instragram stories recently, he said he will not appearing at Berwick or Wolves next year. Is that because he means he isn't interested in riding for Wolves? Or that he isn't riding in Britain in '19??

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well watching Chris Holder's instragram stories recently, he said he will not appearing at Berwick or Wolves next year. Is that because he means he isn't interested in riding for Wolves? Or that he isn't riding in Britain in '19??

Or has he been a naughty boy ? Who knows

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I don’t think he’s going to be riding anywhere if I’m honest!! Certainly can’t see him in the Poole 2019 team.

12 hours ago, Gavan said:

Yes and we have our number one missing and Workingtons reserve as a heat leader up against quality in cook and Harris. I’ve commented on the Ipswich thread about half hour ago thanks for your concern 

Good to see 2 Somerset riders get the 'losing at home' vibe, with Bomber doing his thing away from home!! :party:

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Chris's situation is mentioned in a good article in the SS this week as well as on the Speedwaygp website.  Still lacking some nitty gritty detail but thats fine.

Poole in 2019 i  think  could  base there team around Kurtz, Jacobsen,Woryna,J.Holder. The Holder situation needs to be resolved because  this year he has made huge strides he has rode so well that he would be my rider of the year along with Bewley.Maybe if you have to have a young brit at reserve Jordan Jenkins maybe an option he has been linked and looks a fine long term prospect.Holder has to be a must i would even commit and say he is ready to be an in/out number 1 now.

22 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Poole in 2019 i  think  could  base there team around Kurtz, Jacobsen,Woryna,J.Holder. The Holder situation needs to be resolved because  this year he has made huge strides he has rode so well that he would be my rider of the year along with Bewley.Maybe if you have to have a young brit at reserve Jordan Jenkins maybe an option he has been linked and looks a fine long term prospect.Holder has to be a must i would even commit and say he is ready to be an in/out number 1 now.

quite agree but do you think jack would want to come back to poole im sure his career has come on bundles racing with doyley . so he actually may prefer to stay where he is depending how the leagues pan out next season of course

47 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Poole in 2019 i  think  could  base there team around Kurtz, Jacobsen,Woryna,J.Holder. 

Will Jacobsen and Woryna be eligible to ride in the UK next season ? After Brexit on 29th of March won't European riders require the same qualifications as the Australians, top 4 in a championship ?

1 minute ago, MARK246 said:

Will Jacobsen and Woryna be eligible to ride in the UK next season ? After Brexit on 29th of March won't European riders require the same qualifications as the Australians, top 4 in a championship ?

Great point that who knows, i can remember the old  criteria was that you had to achieve a 6 point average.

26 minutes ago, ray c said:

quite agree but do you think jack would want to come back to poole im sure his career has come on bundles racing with doyley . so he actually may prefer to stay where he is depending how the leagues pan out next season of course

I am sure they can sort something out everyone makes mistakes and it takes a bigger man to forgive and forget.Holder should be a massive part of the future for Poole he has top class quality.

18 hours ago, Steve0 said:

That is the biggest load of sh!te I have read for a while!  I believe that if you asked Joe Public (who are not speedway fans) about famous Speedway teams, they would probably mention Belle Vue, Wimbledon, White City and even Coventry before they would think about Poole!

Yes, Poole have had good successes in the last decade but no way on earth can you compare that to the history of Belle Vue.

Anyone who agrees with you is either a troll or deluded.  Simple as that really!

I think it really depends on the age of the person that you are asking and for what its worth I'd rather watch speedway every week on a track like BV. Have been up several times and always seen good racing.

Chris’ll be happier with his brother at Somerset IF he races over here next year .....

Matt has shown that he doesn’t value Chris' involvement at Poole anymore ....

That’s a funny face Shovlar, he didn’t sign him when Chris needed to be at Poole big time!

Edited by Trees
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pirate Nick said:

I think it really depends on the age of the person that you are asking and for what its worth I'd rather watch speedway every week on a track like BV. Have been up several times and always seen good racing.

I don’t think you will find anyone, other than starman, perhaps, who doesn’t agree that Belle Vue’s track is the best in the country, if not the world. 

However, any fans new to the sport since, say, it has been on Sky and BT, would not say Belle Vue are the biggest club in the country. 

1. Because they have won nothing in donkeys years. Most fans who remember the halcyon days of BV are old or pushing up daisies.

2. Their crowds have not been very big.

However, since moving into the new impressive stadium, there is the opportunity to change things back. Their promotion need to increase attendances one way or another, and of course their team need to start emulating Poole and start winning a lot of titles. Work to do.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t think you will find anyone, other than starman, perhaps, who doesn’t agree that Belle Vue’s track is the best in the country, if not the world. 

However, any fans new to the sport since, say, it has been on Sky and BT, would not say Belle Vue are the biggest club in the country. 

1. Because they have won nothing in donkeys years. Most fans who remember the halcyon days of BV are old or pushing up daisies.

2. Their crowds have not been very big.

However, since moving into the new impressive stadium, there is the opportunity to change things back. Their promotion need to increase attendances one way or another, and of course their team need to start emulating Poole and start winning a lot of titles. Work to do.

Ok so the biggest club in any sport is the one with the best record in the last 10 years or so.

Of course a newbie wont know how good Wimbledon , Cradley , Belle Vue and even Coventry used to be, but its not the discussion.

As i said a newbie to football will think Huddersfield and Bournemouth are bigger clubs then Leeds or Aston Villa...........absolute tosh...........

It does seem however that it is only you that thinks Poole are a bigger club then Belle Vue..........more successful recently....but a bigger club is just tosh