British Speedway Forum

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Excellent 2-page interview with Matt Ford by Phil Lanning in this week's Speedway Star, giving some insight into MF's possible future.

In a seperate article, Middlo reckons that MF has already started his team building plans for next year, so Promoters must have a pretty clear view of the format/changes for 2019 - as long as they are agreed at the AGM.

Hmmm, Middlo giving Matt's game away then! 

Should imagine most of the rules are known by now.

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Should imagine most of the rules are known by now.

Wouldn't it be great if the supporters were briefed on the changes  before they were implemented....    After all  we all want the sport to be successful .   :t:

It's obvious by now that the amount on income from the turnstiles is still not very important compared to other income streams ( sponsorship ) at a lot of clubs. Crowds are 30% to 50% down on five years ago at most clubs ( only one or two notable exceptions ) and that has not impacted much on how the sport is publicised to the outside world. Or perhaps it has, in that they have not spent as much on marketing of any kind. So supporters are still not high up on the need to know scale.

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

It's obvious by now that the amount on income from the turnstiles is still not very important compared to other income streams ( sponsorship ) at a lot of clubs. Crowds are 30% to 50% down on five years ago at most clubs ( only one or two notable exceptions ) and that has not impacted much on how the sport is publicised to the outside world. Or perhaps it has, in that they have not spent as much on marketing of any kind. So supporters are still not high up on the need to know scale.

How have you come up with 30 % and 50 %, you dont have any figures to support this . Yes crowds are down, but i think you are just plucking figures out of the sky.

Edited by Starman2006

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

How have you come up with 30 % and 50 %, you dont have any figures to support this . Yes crowds are down, but i think you are just plucking figures out of the sky.

So how much are they down Starman?

What figure would you cone up with?

You agree they are down so you must have a thought about by how much

Welcome back to Steve S. You have been missed.

Interesting news posted on POL Speedway news last night. https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/778390/chris-holder-ma-zostac-w-toruniu-nowy-kontrakt-uzgodniony

Torun Media site saying Chris Holder is being offered a new contract for 2019 which surprised me for one as most news filtering out on POL media  was that he would be asked to move on. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel on his personal court case situ and in  respect of his future in UK ???. Let's hope so as its obviously taken it's toll on the guy.

Would not surprise me if he has offered to ride for less at Torun as he loves the club so much. Also with Jack riding I am sure they will travel out together and enjoy similar crew team etc. Will also maybe help Chris with his Monster sponsorship along with Jack.

Will be one big load off knowing he has his main income stream sorted for 2019.

If he can get a successful resolution to the legal case going on that works for all parties and get his visa situ sorted, then I think a calmer Chris with none of this hanging over him could be a shrewd signing for 2019 especially with his improving young Bro Jack. I would still like to see both in a Poole side but that is just my opinion. Get those 2 alongside Brady Kurtz/Woryna/Jackobsen. The remaining 2 to be determined by what the new league set up is - what points limit there is and also if it will be 6 men teams or 6 plus a young N/L Junior which personally would be my idea going forward.

For me much as winning the league is important so is a team with plenty of youth and some experience with exciting riders developing. One would hope that Holder Jr/Kurtz/Woryna and Jackobsen are riders going forward with decent careers developing. Chris with no baggage and a sorted personal life could still be a bonus on 7.16 and would also be good to help the younger guys coming along. Much as the role that was supposed to have happened in Torun this year before the personal family issues kind of overtook events.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So how much are they down Starman?

What figure would you cone up with?

You agree they are down so you must have a thought about by how much

Yes sure most clubs attendances are down, ours have been but i certainly couldnt put a figure on it across the board. And to my mind niether can anybody else, only the promotions will know by how much.

My figure was not plucked out of the air but was based on my own observations and by talking to people at other clubs as to what they thought the reduction had been at their club and on their travels. That is the best I can work out because, as we all know no crowd figures are given out ( even if retained ). I would hope that other fans will put forward their estimates of the losses from the terraces at their club - or are they in denial? If it were only about  10% since say 2012 I think there would not be so much speculation or concern. It is very noticeable at some clubs. I still feel that most ( not all ) clubs have lost up to 30% in that time and some up to 50%. Otherwise, why is there so much speculation about it?

24 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

My figure was not plucked out of the air but was based on my own observations and by talking to people at other clubs as to what they thought the reduction had been at their club and on their travels. That is the best I can work out because, as we all know no crowd figures are given out ( even if retained ). I would hope that other fans will put forward their estimates of the losses from the terraces at their club - or are they in denial? If it were only about  10% since say 2012 I think there would not be so much speculation or concern. It is very noticeable at some clubs. I still feel that most ( not all ) clubs have lost up to 30% in that time and some up to 50%. Otherwise, why is there so much speculation about it?

I can guess within 200 or so roughly what our crowd is, but you need to know your staduim backwards.  Then, you will have an idea.

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Welcome back to Steve S. You have been missed.

Interesting news posted on POL Speedway news last night. https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/778390/chris-holder-ma-zostac-w-toruniu-nowy-kontrakt-uzgodniony

Torun Media site saying Chris Holder is being offered a new contract for 2019 which surprised me for one as most news filtering out on POL media  was that he would be asked to move on. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel on his personal court case situ and in  respect of his future in UK ???. Let's hope so as its obviously taken it's toll on the guy.

Would not surprise me if he has offered to ride for less at Torun as he loves the club so much. Also with Jack riding I am sure they will travel out together and enjoy similar crew team etc. Will also maybe help Chris with his Monster sponsorship along with Jack.

Will be one big load off knowing he has his main income stream sorted for 2019.

If he can get a successful resolution to the legal case going on that works for all parties and get his visa situ sorted, then I think a calmer Chris with none of this hanging over him could be a shrewd signing for 2019 especially with his improving young Bro Jack. I would still like to see both in a Poole side but that is just my opinion. Get those 2 alongside Brady Kurtz/Woryna/Jackobsen. The remaining 2 to be determined by what the new league set up is - what points limit there is and also if it will be 6 men teams or 6 plus a young N/L Junior which personally would be my idea going forward.

For me much as winning the league is important so is a team with plenty of youth and some experience with exciting riders developing. One would hope that Holder Jr/Kurtz/Woryna and Jackobsen are riders going forward with decent careers developing. Chris with no baggage and a sorted personal life could still be a bonus on 7.16 and would also be good to help the younger guys coming along. Much as the role that was supposed to have happened in Torun this year before the personal family issues kind of overtook events.

Have heard Chris Holder now has his visa, it’s just the personal stuff to sort out now.

11 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Have heard Chris Holder now has his visa, it’s just the personal stuff to sort out now.

Yes the personal stuff was the more serious situation that many still don't know too much about, but it was a serious but difficult situation.

Let's hope that all the Court visits and eventual ruling/s come to an ammicable agreement/arrangement that both sides can live with, so that both sides can move on and allow Chris to continue his racing career and also give him a better quality of life on a personal front. I am sure some stability and security also with his club in Poland hopefully sorted, I would hope that he can rediscover the form  we know he is capable of even if he doesn't quite make it back to the very top again. On his day he still looks one of the best riders around as evidenced by some of his rides in the last GP.

If his visa situ is sorted as well as his POL Club then it's now all about the conclusion of the case. Get that sorted before year end and he indeed can be more relaxed. Be interesting if Matt Ford is keeping in close contact with him and  advising him where he can. He was being supportive earlier this year so let's hope so. Also noticed Matt was getting close up with Jack in a photo just before this years UK GP and if their was the alleged tension last season, then that photo sure didn't reflect it. Let's hope differences have been sorted as I feel having both Holder's at Poole and both happy would be good as no doubt both live at Chris's house near Poole.

27 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Not sure how that is possible without a team place in the UK.

34 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Not sure how that is possible without a team place in the UK.

Could it be he is now in the clear to get a visa - subject to signing for a team in UK ??

Am only guessing as have no idea, but even that would sound better than the no visa possibility that seemed to prevail prior to this seasons start.