British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Not sure how that is possible without a team place in the UK.

agree with you got t o have employment i believe

10 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Welcome back to Steve S. You have been missed.

Interesting news posted on POL Speedway news last night. https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/778390/chris-holder-ma-zostac-w-toruniu-nowy-kontrakt-uzgodniony

Torun Media site saying Chris Holder is being offered a new contract for 2019 which surprised me for one as most news filtering out on POL media  was that he would be asked to move on. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel on his personal court case situ and in  respect of his future in UK ???. Let's hope so as its obviously taken it's toll on the guy.

Would not surprise me if he has offered to ride for less at Torun as he loves the club so much. Also with Jack riding I am sure they will travel out together and enjoy similar crew team etc. Will also maybe help Chris with his Monster sponsorship along with Jack.

Will be one big load off knowing he has his main income stream sorted for 2019.

If he can get a successful resolution to the legal case going on that works for all parties and get his visa situ sorted, then I think a calmer Chris with none of this hanging over him could be a shrewd signing for 2019 especially with his improving young Bro Jack. I would still like to see both in a Poole side but that is just my opinion. Get those 2 alongside Brady Kurtz/Woryna/Jackobsen. The remaining 2 to be determined by what the new league set up is - what points limit there is and also if it will be 6 men teams or 6 plus a young N/L Junior which personally would be my idea going forward.

For me much as winning the league is important so is a team with plenty of youth and some experience with exciting riders developing. One would hope that Holder Jr/Kurtz/Woryna and Jackobsen are riders going forward with decent careers developing. Chris with no baggage and a sorted personal life could still be a bonus on 7.16 and would also be good to help the younger guys coming along. Much as the role that was supposed to have happened in Torun this year before the personal family issues kind of overtook events.

Most of what has been going on in Holders life is of his own making. I would not waste a nano second in negotiating a contract for him to return to Poole. More of a liability than an asset. Time to move on!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Not sure how that is possible without a team place in the UK.

Could it be he is classed as a Poole rider as he signed a contract to ride for them this year?? Just telling you what I’ve heard.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 11:15 PM, Bald Bloke said:

He don't look like a Cecil :blink:

he dont look like a ford either

Jeesh. People on here taking the P out of someones name, when the person themselves didn’t actually have a say in the matter. So Matt didn’t like the name his parents gave him so uses his middle name. So what? My wife hated the name she was given so uses her middle name. No big or small deal whatsoever. In fact not worthy of even mentioning.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Aviator said:

Most of what has been going on in Holders life is of his own making. 

No it isn’t. When your partner goes off with someone else then bars you seeing your child completely, most would be devastated.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

My wife hated the name she was given so uses her middle name. 

Totally agree as she would of  been embarrassed and would of had  to put up with a lot when people found out she was now called Mrs Shovlar ..... (only joking ) 

Edited by KEITH M
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No it isn’t. When your partner goes off with someone else then bars you seeing your child completely, most would be devastated.

Whilst not having a lot of time for Chris holder,  in this instance I have every sympathy for him, personal experience means I know exactly what it's like sadly.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jeesh. People on here taking the P out of someones name, when the person themselves didn’t actually have a say in the matter. So Matt didn’t like the name his parents gave him so uses his middle name. So what? My wife hated the name she was given so uses her middle name. No big or small deal whatsoever. In fact not worthy of even mentioning.

I was not taking the P.... I just said he don't look like a Cecil...

22 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was not taking the P.... I just said he don't look like a Cecil...

Who does? I don’t believe anyone looks like a name. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Put ya rod away :wink:

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That is definitely an ED .... 

latest?cb=20150917194611&path-prefix=protagonist

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Leave it there  Steve, they are just fishing.  They will just drag you down mate, and you are liable to say something you might later regret.

Edited by Starman2006

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So, posting a video of himself riding a pit bike in his garden and jumping it close to his son, whilst his son looks on is the action of a responsible parent is it? Certainly not the actions of a man you would want as a good behavioural example for any child. No wonder the child’s mother is possibly denying him access.

Nothing against whatever is happening in Holders personal life , he just simply isn’t right for Poole anymore ..... time for Poole to look forward not back