British Speedway Forum

25 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

I see Chris Holder has his house on the market... guess he's also moving on!....

And Jack is looking for somewhere too...

28 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

I see Chris Holder has his house on the market... guess he's also moving on!....

Nah he's selling it to fund the purchase of the Mighty Pirates!

1 minute ago, Fixer2 said:

It's up for £1.3M... is that enough??

That's plenty,i have enough in my copper jar at home:P

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm fairly sure that in the last accounts filed for 2017 Poole's assets were valued at around #130k

Do those assets include riders? 

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm fairly sure that in the last accounts filed for 2017 Poole's assets were valued at around #130k

£40k worth of Fixed Assets, too.

If you take the riding assets away then what is actually up for sale?  as the stadium is council owned. 

4 hours ago, Spl77 said:

If you take the riding assets away then what is actually up for sale?  as the stadium is council owned. 

A tractor and Starman

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

A tractor and Starman

No one would be interested then :wink:

EDIT - maybe in the tractor :wink:

Edited by Steve0

On 10/12/2018 at 7:01 AM, Spl77 said:

The Poole Speedway brand but that's really only worth a tennar and a free meal voucher at Harvester

12 minutes ago, Trees said:

Here's your chance Shovlar!! 

Chance?

12 hours ago, Orbiter said:

The Poole Speedway brand but that's really only worth a tennar and a free meal voucher at Harvester

I'm trying to work out the value of Poole aor for that matter any club as the 'rider assets' are worthless. As for a brand then that aswell must have little worth. 

The ironic thing is the BSPA have spent the last 25 years at least running the sport to suit individual agenda's of various promotions to 'protect' their financial interests.

Those actions now make those investments almost worthless when coming to sale.....who would spend thousands on a knacked old tractor and some dirt?

• Like 2

Half a million :o:rofl:

The only person to fork out that kind of money would be a pro footballer looking for a new toy to play with.

Any sensible, professional, self leveling business man wouldn't go anywhere near £500,000.

Unusable rider assets and the Poole Pirates name are the only things up for sale.

So total value to start with a new owner will be around £600,000 to £700,000 once BSPA bond, rider contracts etc etc are taken into account. 

Total madness, only a mug would take that on.

• Like 1