British Speedway Forum

On 10/11/2018 at 3:38 PM, Fixer2 said:

I see Chris Holder has his house on the market... guess he's also moving on!....

And how do you know its Chris's house ?

• Like 1

So some on here think the value of a profitable business is the price of some shale and an old tractor.  If some on here can’t see the worth they had better stick to their day jobs of 9-5!

Gate money alone is over half a million a year. Plus sponsorship etc. Not worth more than a couple of thousand to buy the club? Some on here are totally and utterly clueless.

• Like 1

I would think any new promotor or investor would probably have to negotiate a new deal with stadia UK for use of the facility at the stadium 

Edited by ray c

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

I would think any new promotor or investor would probably have to negotiate a new deal with stadia UK for use of the facility at the stadium 

Why?  They are not allowed to run greyhounds without speedway, or so the local council says. So wouldn't it just stay the same? Unless you mean the price of the rent? 

47 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

And how do you know its Chris's house ?

It's fairly obvious if you've seen the advert.

There aren't many speedway riders who live in that area and have a set of helmets over the fireplace, trophies on display and a track in the back garden.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Why?  They are not allowed to run greyhounds without speedway, or so the local council says. So wouldn't it just stay the same? Unless you mean the price of the rent? 

,I would think the rent is main thing if there is a need of new terms 

On 11 October 2018 at 2:23 PM, Skidder1 said:

I'm fairly sure that in the last accounts filed for 2017 Poole's assets were valued at around #130k

On 11 October 2018 at 9:11 PM, MrMungo said:

£40k worth of Fixed Assets, too.

Both figures correct, however there are liabilities to take account of as well. The net worth of the company is shown as £77k, down from £98k in 2016.

But these are unaudited accounts, as are most Speedway clubs, and there is no uniform measure or requirement of assets, nor is there any accurate measure of profitability.  Just because the net worth is down by £21k in a year it doesn't necessarily mean they made a loss, it could be that the owners decided to take out some of the retained profits from earlier years.

Edited by woofers

As most clubs seem to be making a loss and the number of fans going to meetings is dropping the value of any club is going down year on year.  If there are less clubs racing and a lower standard of racing due to most clubs wanting to cut costs and many of the top riders only riding abroad the value of any club is going down. So to include any present fan income or sponsorship income is very dangerous and only anyone with very deep pockets or wanting to spend profits from elsewhere would put a high value on any club as there are too many unknowns. 

As it’s such an iconic club with a superb set up and massive crowds that other clubs can only dream of, I take it Starman and Shovvy are putting together a business plan as we speak to secure the finance and make a fans buy out. 

I mean, it’s a no brainier so they keep telling us?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

not strictly true lisa,the original  negotiations as i understand was that the future leaseholder had to make the stadium available for two of the three sports,greyhounds,speedway and football,but that the leaseholder would decide which two would operate(certain that ptc were thinking the football would be poole town,even though that prospect reared its head a couple of yrs ago it would appear to be dead in the water)though to comply with the lease any football team would probably do.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So some on here think the value of a profitable business is the price of some shale and an old tractor.  If some on here can’t see the worth they had better stick to their day jobs of 9-5!

Gate money alone is over half a million a year. Plus sponsorship etc. Not worth more than a couple of thousand to buy the club? Some on here are totally and utterly clueless.

there are some clever businessmen  who are very sceptical of the wisdom in buying any speedway club,poole is actually one of the riskier purchases because the present owner will want too much for it,i was with two existing sponsors who were discussing the sale and they both came up with a figure of 100k tops,but knew matt would want more,the big stumbling block is just what value you put on the goodwill,nobody knows. In your offer price you have to factor in how much dosh you need in reserve to cover risk,cost of assembling a 2019 team,40k bspa bond,the risk of 5 rain offs in a row,the risk of having similar very poor crowds as march to july this yr,the big risk that many of the sponsors are "matts sponsors" and may not stay with you,and the killer risk "security of tenure" bearing all the rumour re the stadium in the last 3months.But after all that(i doubt you fall into this category ss) if you are a wealthy enthusiast  then go for it

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

As it’s such an iconic club with a superb set up and massive crowds that other clubs can only dream of, I take it Starman and Shovvy are putting together a business plan as we speak to secure the finance and make a fans buy out. 

I do just as well in my business with a lot less stress and time. Why would I want to have all that stress Matt Ford is put through for longer hours and less financial reward?

9 minutes ago, poole keith said:

there are some clever businessmen  who are very sceptical of the wisdom in buying any speedway club,poole is actually one of the riskier purchases because the present owner will want too much for it,i was with two existing sponsors who were discussing the sale and they both came up with a figure of 100k tops,but knew matt would want more,the big stumbling block is just what value you put on the goodwill,nobody knows. In your offer price you have to factor in how much dosh you need in reserve to cover risk,cost of assembling a 2019 team,40k bspa bond,the risk of 5 rain offs in a row,the risk of having similar very poor crowds as march to july this yr,the big risk that many of the sponsors are "matts sponsors" and may not stay with you,and the killer risk "security of tenure" bearing all the rumour re the stadium in the last 3months.But after all that(i doubt you fall into this category ss) if you are a wealthy enthusiast  then go for it

I am wealthy enough Keith, but it’s not worth the stress in my life. Just look at the crap thrown at Matt Ford. Would anyone want all that abuse? No thanks. My business is doing very well with no hassles, no worrying, no fans to please.

1 hour ago, Jonny the spud said:

Aw diddums , someone still upset their boy got the arse from Poole? 

21 minutes ago, poole keith said:

So as stated by some the value is not much